Worlds 2024 Women FS: ‘Where Have All The Knitters Gone?’

Colonel Green

I get that Kurakova doesn’t want to do “adorable” programs every time, but at the same time, her reaction to that skate was much more compelling than her interpretation of the actual program.

skatingguy

decently
Ekaterina KURAKOVA 🇵🇱
Coach: Angelina Turenko, Brian Orser
Music: Solas

3Lz+1Eu+3F!q
3Lo
3Tq - tight landing
3S
Fly Change Foot Combo Spin 4
3Lo+2A+SEQ

3Sq+2T
2A
Layback Spin 4
Step Sequence 4
Choreo Sequence

Change Foot Combo Spin 4

A good skate for Kurakova. At least a couple of rotation issues.

122.42 = 3rd Place
184.76 = 2nd Place

Last edited:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Lol at Tonia " ... for her."

Disappointed to see Schild ahead of Schizas. Judges may want to reconsider that one over the summer.

skatingguy

decently
Josefin TALJEGARD 🇸🇪
Personal Best: 116.52
Season Best: 107.70
Current Rank: 15
Music: Heartbreak Hotel by Heidi Feek
Trouble by Austin Butler
Jailhouse Rock by Elvis Presley
Coach: Maria Taljegard, Malin Taljegard

2024 National Champion. Finished 26th at 2022 OWG. Placed 11th at 2024 ECh, 17th at 2023 ECh & 14th at 2022 ECh. Came 21st at 2022 WCh & 15th in her debut at 2021 WCh. Finished 9th at Finlandia Trophy & 2nd at Tallinn Trophy 2023. Won Nordics Open 2024 & Volvo Open Riga 2023. Studies screenwriting. Her sisters Maria and Malin are former competitive skaters and now her coaches.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Mark thinks that's going to keep her more or less in the same place. I have more faith, that's gonna move her up I suspect :p
I dunno. It's really going to depend on how the women who are bunched in the lower 60s from the SP do. She might move up a couple spots or she might stay where she's at.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Dear skaters,
Kurakova just put on a master class in how yes, you can have intensity, drama, and interest to slower, more melodic music that's way more approachable and resonates more with the audience than terrible covers. Especially Elvis and Queen covers
Thank you,
fans

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information