DWTS Season 21 cast rumors....anyone?

jkl

Poor Tony...he got an unknown Reality TV star who probably has no fan base. She didn't look like a dancer either. Now I'm sorry he didn't get Paula Deen.....at least she will be around several weeks due to her fans.

Scrufflet

Reality Star Who I Don't Know and Val
Nick and Sharna
Chaka and Keo
Hayes and Emma
Alexa and Mark (suprise surprise)
Carlos and Whitney
Andy and Allison
Reality Housewife Star Named Kim Who I Don't Know and Tony :mitchell:
Gary and Anna
Victor and Karina
Paula and Louis
Alek and Lindsey
Bindi and Derek
Not exactly a stellar cast, is it? Glad to see Anna and Louis back. Curious about Chaka and wondering if Gary will be a train wreck. So maybe I'll watch but probably won't get invested in who wins.

pixie cut

Poor Tony...he got an unknown Reality TV star who probably has no fan base. She didn't look like a dancer either. Now I'm sorry he didn't get Paula Deen.....at least she will be around several weeks due to her fans.

Kim Zolciak has had her own show on Bravo for several seasons already. She is one of the most popular real housewives. If she weren't, she wouldn't have been given her own show. Her husband is a professional football player, so she may draw some of his fan base as well. According to Wikipedia, they actually met a Dancing with the Stars type event in Atlanta. I definitely think Tony got a better partner than Paula Deen.

Unless Gary Busey has had a major life change, I do think he'll go very early on. I doubt Anna will have any room for temper.

ArtisticFan

Kim Zolciak has had her own show on Bravo for several seasons already. She is one of the most popular real housewives. If she weren't, she wouldn't have been given her own show. Her husband is a professional football player, so she may draw some of his fan base as well. According to Wikipedia, they actually met a Dancing with the Stars type event in Atlanta. I definitely think Tony got a better partner than Paula Deen.

Unless Gary Busey has had a major life change, I do think he'll go very early on. I doubt Anna will have any room for temper.

Unfortunately I could see people voting for Gary for a while just to see what he'll do. From watching him on other things in the last few years, he doesn't take direction well, has the short-term memory of a gnat, and can annoy even the most even tempered people. I believe he has a brain injury that explains part of his quirks, but from his time on Celebrity Apprentice, he seemed able to turn on and off some of those things. I can see him getting frustrated easily and not taking criticism well at all.

Paula will probably last 2-3 weeks, but unlike Gary, will be willing to try and put forth some effort. She won't do well, but she'll probably attempt to try what Louis asks.

Kim probably has some natural ability and will slide through to the middle of the pack if she doesn't get an attitude like many women from that franchise are known to do. I know of her and have seen her at events in Atlanta over the years, but I don't watch her shows.

orbitz

I think I'll root for Alek, the train car hero. I wonder if the producers asked both of the Americans that weren't injured, or they only asked Alek. Anyway, I bet it'll be such a fun and wild experience for an average Joe like him to be on the show.

Reactions: jkl

Debrah

Scraping the bottom of the barrel for celebrities...

The pros of course are still worth tuning in for. Really happy to see Louis and Tony back even if it is likely only for 1 or 2 episodes, considering the partners. Oh well.

How about another figure skater/ice dancer type, surely there are many to choose from by now who are not actively competing, coaching, or doing pro tours any more, but who are still in shape and may be willing to do all the necessary dance work? Gosh even another former soap or former tv star would be more interesting than these no name reality TV people I have never heard of and thus could care less about.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
^ Yes, a big thank you for this small blessing! :saint: Although a couple of the "stars" would seem to have :yikes: potential, I wonder if any will be as bad as Kate G. or Master P -- not mentioning any names. :shuffle:

Jubak

I am going to try mightily not to get roped into this season, Paula Deen & Gary Busey are enough of a reason to take a pass.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Not related to the upcoming season, but just saw a commercial on Food Network for the celebrity edition of Worst Cooks in America and Chris Soules is a contestant. I figured that there's about a 0.00285% chance that anyone reading this would be interested in watching him on another show, but figured I would put it out there just in case.

ETA: I think Keo might finally have someone who will last longer than a week.

screech

No disrespect to Alek, but they must have been struggling to get stars this season if they cast someone who only became heard of just a week ago.
And I feel bad for whoever Allison had (even though I don't like her on the show) to be ditched for her to switch to someone else.

Definitely cheering for Nick and Sharna. Time for a boy band winner, and for Sharna to win.

Derek said in an interview that they're doing something definitely on the nose for their first dance, so cue Crocodile Rock!! Or 'Land Down Under'.

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
I can't decide if I want to watch this season! On the one hand, it sounds like a bit of a hot mess, which would be fun. But I wanted to root for Bindi Irwin, but she got Derek...

Fridge_Break, I may tune in at least once so thanks for the heads up. Maybe the other contestants are less boring lol.

BaileyCatts

And I feel bad for whoever Allison had (even though I don't like her on the show) to be ditched for her to switch to someone else.
.....'.

Why did they do that? If Anna was brought in to replace Peta, why isn't she Andy's partner? I didn't notice that switch at all until you jut said it. :shuffle: So that means Allison should have really been Gary's partner?

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
louis came back for this? oy

Frankly, he probably came crawling back. Louis has had an overblown opinion of his own marketability and there apparently was some bitterness that Derek in particular (but also Mark) was the breakout star. He wants to be a TV star, he has a huge ego (admittedly that's not exactly a scarce commodity among high-level dancers), this is what he's got.

And speaking of people who are gone, Henry's out (apparently because of some sort of drama about the Derek/Nastia thing last season.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information