Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

Kecasyl

I'm glad someone defends Jeremy. He never gets the credit he deserves. He's fought the long, hard fight. He gets in there and fights. When he falls, he gets up and finds another way to try. He's explored numerous themes with different choreographers. He's stretched and grown. He choreographs many programs by himself or with Yuka. He has speed, and swoop and power when he skates-yet he makes it look easy. I FEEL when he skates.

I agree wholeheartedly with all of this. He busts his *** and never whines about it like some others. I have seen some very interesting behaviours from others on social media and the like. He is one of the hardest working skaters I've ever met and that's saying something. I will defend him until I can defend no more and if someone has a problem with that then that's on them.

centerpt1

Good news, but Yikes! He'll need a LP for that. Looks like he has some work to do after The Ice is done.

Kecasyl

Good news, but Yikes! He'll need a LP for that. Looks like he has some work to do after The Ice is done.

He's got programs for that on his plate. He is/was training for the next season since last Nationals as well as working on new show programs and choreographing for other skaters, so take that however you see fit.

Speaking of choreographing for other skaters. Excellent choreography for both Cain (Skinny Love SP) and Omori (Your Song-Moulin Rouge SP).

Might I edit to add: Here is Jeremy's "Wolf of Wall Street" program from Denis Ten and Friends a month ago https://youtu.be/sRl07qbp2pA

And his second program from Denis Ten and Friends "I Won't Give Up" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWSIa-f1kss

Last edited:

DreamSkates

Last time I checked you weren't an admin and none of us who are admins have the time to police fan threads. And we're certainly not starting now.
Not to mention if you read alot of posts its easy to forget which thread you are in.

centerpt1

Speaking of choreographing for other skaters. Excellent choreography for both Cain (Skinny Love SP) and Omori (Your Song-Moulin Rouge SP).
Omari's costume looked very familiar-from one of Jeremy's SP's? Did Jeremy loan it to him? Is it a copy or the original?

Kecasyl

Last edited:

centerpt1

IS Jeremy is taking a year off/retiring after the Japan Open?

If so, I hope it's because he has offers too good to pass up (rather than an injury).

Last edited:

jlai

Question everything
I hope Jeremy is gradually finding other skating-related opportunities to transition into, so he settles into life after competition successfully. Gradually expanding other opportunities is the best option for him at this point.

Kecasyl

I hope Jeremy is gradually finding other skating-related opportunities to transition into, so he settles into life after competition successfully. Gradually expanding other opportunities is the best option for him at this point.

He's choreographing. If that's not the definition of what you stated IDK what is.

centerpt1

No proof of anything. I'm just wondering if I missed something.

On the one hand, he's now off the ISP and there are hearsay social media comments that started after his Southern California appearance.

On the other hand, last we heard from Jeremy, he was staying in for Nationals but skipping the GP.

If he has changed his mind, I just hope it was a choice (like a pro opportunity too good to pass up) and not something forced on him by injury or pressure.

AS always, I wish him the very best!

Kecasyl

I don't know what in my post you felt like correcting. Anyway, the only point I was making was: best of luck to him.

I wasn't correcting anything. I stated what he was doing since this is an uber thread and you may have not known what he was doing and also reminding that this was an uber thread. Good day.:cheer:

Last edited:

Kecasyl

No proof of anything. I'm just wondering if I missed something.

On the one hand, he's now off the ISP and there are hearsay social media comments that started after his Southern California appearance.

On the other hand, last we heard from Jeremy, he was staying in for Nationals but skipping the GP.

If he has changed his mind, I just hope it was a choice (like a pro opportunity too good to pass up) and not something forced on him by injury or pressure.

AS always, I wish him the very best!

I'm going to respect the skaters responsibility of telling the public (his) decision when they (he) is/are ready and not spewing information regarding 'choices' until then.
As far as the hearsay social media comments I take those for what they are, and also remember this is Jeremy we are talking about. He tends to have a history of liking to tell "stories" to get a rise out of people and confuse them. One aspect of his personality that I find funny and endearing.

As @skatesindreams stated, don't believe otherwise until he announces it.

centerpt1

also remember this is Jeremy we are talking about. He tends to have a history of liking to tell "stories" to get a rise out of people and confuse them. One aspect of his personality that I find funny and endearing.

I love his humor.

Hopefully we'll hear his plans soon.

jlai

Question everything
I wasn't correcting anything. I stated what he was doing since this is an uber thread and you may have not known what he was doing and also reminding that this was an uber thread. Good day.:cheer:

Anyone who posts here should know this is a uber thread, and Jeremy's choreographic attempts are kinda hard to miss since it's in so many threads, and even without checking in FSU daily, I have known this for some time.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread.

rhapsody

Anyone who posts here should know this is a uber thread, and Jeremy's choreographic attempts are kinda hard to miss since it's in so many threads, and even without checking in FSU daily, I have known this for some time.

Anyway, I'm done with this thread.

lol wat

Kecasyl

Dang, So much for trying to be nice?! :rolleyes:

I love how people change their tunes from 2 or 3 posts before. Stating "I hope he finds something else that makes him happy in the sport" and then when someone converses with them because this is a message board right?! And "updates" them on what they are doing, they want to be a jerk about it plus state they have known for awhile now. :drama: Well then what is your point exactly then?!:confused:

Sylvia

TBD
The news (in Japanese) was posted on the FOI website on 8/21/15. Yuka Sato has been performing in this show in recent years. Champs Camp dates usually conflict with this show so I'm happy to see Jeremy get this great opportunity this year!

Kecasyl

Jeremy will be doing Friends on Ice in Japan.

http://www.friendsonice.com/

I wish he was doing something in the US, too. So far his last show appearances have all been in Japan. After FOI there's The Japan Open. (Also in Japan. obviously)

A lot of people in the US/Canada are saying just this, starting wonder if he may be falling out of favoritism with many of his North American fans since he's always in Asia. Yes, as a skater presently you have to go where you are offered shows etc to skate in which many times = $, but sadly he had agreed to be one of 3 skaters to skate in Chicago for Skate Dance Dream at the same time FOI is happening, and now hes not doing it and going to Japan instead. Kind of not a good idea if you ask me. So, now I guess the only elite skaters in that Alissa Czisny and Hawayak and Baker. :shuffle:

Sylvia

TBD
... he had agreed to be one of 3 skaters to skate in Chicago for Skate Dance Dream at the same time FOI is happening, and now hes not doing it and going to Japan instead.
When I checked the SDD website in late July, the 8/28 Chicago show was no longer listed and I assume it was cancelled.

Kecasyl

When I checked the SDD website in late July, the 8/28 Chicago show was no longer listed and I assume it was cancelled.

It was postponed to a later date, but there's still no guarantee that he will be doing it depending on when it's scheduled for. Anyway, the original point of the last post was that there are many North American fans that keep asking him if they are going to be able to see him skate anytime soon or if he's just skating in Asia from now on. Pretty sad if you ask me.

centerpt1

Well, it could also be that there really aren't many big skating tours in the US anymore. One Skate/Dance/Dream does not equal a 5 show tour in Japan $$$ wise. A guy's gotta eat.

The problem is he wasn't announced for the US tours this year-Halloween on Ice and SOI. I wish he would get US tours. He has commented on how much he loves doing SOI and CSOI, so I'm sure he would do those, if offered (depending on his plans to compete or not compete)

I'm mainly complaining the US shows (other than Charity) haven't been using him. He doesn't even get the Sun Valley shows.

Last edited:

Kecasyl

Well, it could also be that there really aren't many big skating tours in the US anymore. One Skate/Dance/Dream does not equal a 5 show tour in Japan $$$ wise. A guy's gotta eat.

The problem is he wasn't announced for the US tours this year-Halloween on Ice and SOI. I wish he would get US tours. He has commented on how much he loves doing SOI and CSOI, so I'm sure he would do those, if offered (depending on his plans to compete or not compete)

I'm mainly complaining the US shows (other than Charity) haven't been using him. He doesn't even get the Sun Valley shows.

If you noticed in my first post about this, I had mentioned that as an elite skater you have to do what you have to do to live and for the $, as I suspected is the case with him. So, that covers that.

Now, as far as not being announced for SOI they haven't really announced anyone for that yet. It's too early. The only ones that are presumable are Davis/White at this point.
He's perfect as well for HoI and they are still announcing that cast (recently adding Johnny Weir), but depending on a few things that tour may interfere with other things Jeremy is doing, especially since that tour starts right after he gets back from Japan Open and Carnival on Ice.

He's done the Sun Valley shows in the past (July 10, 2010) for example.
A lot of his not being in shows other than charity this last year in the US has much to do with him leaving all "up in the air" regarding if he is going to continue to compete or not I'm sure. You have to remember that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information