Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Didn't he win by a big margin at least at Nationals, more than once? Seems the judges greatly appreciated him in the past, but not so much this year, for whatever reason.
He has skated amazingly well at nationals several times and been rewarded. However, when he makes mistakes, his still amazing skating skills and musical interpretation are often underscored, in my opinion.

Susan M

I love your giraffe smilie. Does it have any particular meaning? Is it sort of a virtual hug?

Spun Silver

It's amazing choreography and "very Jeremy-like".
Yeah. That is a bit of a concern for me because he will need more than one style to succeed as a choreographer. However, it really seems to suit Ashley. Can't wait to see it.

Kecasyl

Yeah. That is a bit of a concern for me because he will need more than one style to succeed as a choreographer. However, it really seems to suit Ashley. Can't wait to see it.

When I said that, I meant it has his "trademark Jeremy like movement and feel to it" I didn't say it was a copy of a Jeremy program. He's got more than what it takes to adapt choreography to each skater and be a fantastic choreographer.

Kecasyl

Jeremy performed in Denis Ten's show in Kazakhstan. He skated his new Benji Schwimmer choreographed "Wolf of Wall Street" exhibition to "Black Skinhead" by Kanye West and then "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Minori's first photos of Jeremy's new show program "Black Skinhead" by Kanye West (now I get the #ProjectWolf Twitter reference):
https://twitter.com/JeremyAbbott_FC/status/612260744604860416
https://twitter.com/JeremyAbbott_FC/status/612323317916282880
https://twitter.com/JeremyAbbott_FC/status/612472227553017856

ETA short video clip: https://instagram.com/p/4KF_TiSNLM/

In Kazakh traditional costume: https://twitter.com/JeremyAbbott_FC/status/612507902008520704

Short clip of "I Won't Give Up": https://instagram.com/p/4KI8rPIjEx/

Articles, videos & various social media links are being posted in the event thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...s-salem-show-almaty-kaz-june-20-and-21.95735/

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Jeremy Abbott: Quad
I vividly remember landing the quad salchow the first time. It was my first year senior. It was at the Broadmoor Open, and there was a jumping competition. The rules were a little different then than they are now; we had three jumping passes with six total jumps. First, I did a triple-triple. Then you could do a double or triple axel, and then a triple or a quad. I went out and did a big double sal (on his first quad attempt). I had just started landing quads at the time. You only had two minutes to do all of this, and the whistle blew before I could try the quad again. Tom [Zakrajsek] talked the ref into letting me try another one, and I skated around the rink and nailed the quad salchow, and everyone in the stands was going crazy. I was really excited. I think they actually counted it, even though it was after the whistle.

It's exhilarating, the feeling you get when you land something like that. You want to produce. You can feel it in the air and before you even land, and it's just a great feeling.

-- As told to Amy Rosewater
Source thread & article link in GSD: IN series: Skaters share first-time on-ice success stories

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Last time I checked, this was an uber forum and for positive feedback on said skater. If you don't like it, don't post here.

Last time I checked you weren't an admin and none of us who are admins have the time to police fan threads. And we're certainly not starting now.

Kecasyl

Last time I checked you weren't an admin and none of us who are admins have the time to police fan threads. And we're certainly not starting now.

Last time I checked it was known that fan threads are for just that, FANS of said skater. It is a safe place to talk with like minded fans. IDK why you have your undies in a bunch but no one here claimed to be an ADMIN, nor would we care to be. You're the one that came over here and had to be snarky and bring this up. Also, I'm not the only one that has addressed negative and rude non-fan comments in this thread. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Last time I checked it was known that fan threads are for just that, FANS of said skater. It is a safe place to talk with like minded fans.

Check again. You cannot decide who does and does not post in any thread on FSU. It's nice when the ubers keep to themselves and saves us admins a lot of headaches, but there is no board rule about only fans of a skater being able to post in a certain thread. If you don't like that, I suggest you find another skating message board to frequent.

Madhatter

there is no board rule about only fans of a skater being able to post in a certain thread.

Not to mention that a fan might not like their favorite skater's program too. Fans are not uncritical mindless sheep.

That said, I think Jeremy's new EX looks interesting, I wish I could see it in good quality with music sounding as it was inteded to.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Check again. You cannot decide who does and does not post in any thread on FSU. It's nice when the ubers keep to themselves and saves us admins a lot of headaches, but there is no board rule about only fans of a skater being able to post in a certain thread. If you don't like that, I suggest you find another skating message board to frequent.

Holy cow, who went and peed in your Wheaties today?:scream: I didn't see a single person ask an admin to do jackson squat, although I admit I am not a member and do not see all the correspondence.

So I see fan threads like the Quiet Car, subject to self policing. And just like the Quiet Car, the self policing can be more effective than the conductor is. And there is nothing wrong with it and it's a good thing.

I am far from a Jeremy uber, but I would never come into a fan thread just to post a negative comment. And I would call out someone who did go to a fan thread just to post negative comments. Being "legal" don't make it right.

Kecasyl

Well, that's fine and all, but you need to share this fact with the other uber threads as well.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I wasn't ordering you to do anything. I was just mentioning that the other uber fans get really nasty if someone says the slightest thing about their favorite. I really wish you would stop taking me out of context.

I'm ready to drop it when you are. You can go back to defending Jeremy Abbott's good name any time you like.

centerpt1

I'm glad someone defends Jeremy. He never gets the credit he deserves. He's fought the long, hard fight. He gets in there and fights. When he falls, he gets up and finds another way to try. He's explored numerous themes with different choreographers. He's stretched and grown. He choreographs many programs by himself or with Yuka. He has speed, and swoop and power when he skates-yet he makes it look easy. I FEEL when he skates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information