Worlds 2024 Free Dance: ‘The Moors of Montreal’

Carolla5501

I’ll give this couple credit. They figured out the way to get good scores is to get the audience onboard and that covers up for their lack of everything else. I’m over them.
Oof. Lilah got up on her toepick during the 2nd set of twizzles with almost no forward momentum. That definitely needs a review.
It’s ice dance. We already know how it’s going to end. Why bother to do reviews😂

skatingguy

decently
Lilah FEAR / Lewis GIBSON 🇬🇧
Coach: R. Hagueanuer, P. Lauzon, M.-F. Dubreuil
Music: Gonna Fly Now (Rocky), Eye of the Tiger

One Foot Turns W:3 M:3
Synchronized Twizzles W:4 M:4 - Lilah's 2nd twizzle was a little dicey
Diagonal Step Sequence W:2 M:2
Dance Spin 4
Curve Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
Choreo Character Step Sequence
Choreo Slide Movement
Choreo Spin Movement

Stationary Lift 4 (3 after review)

They skated that as well as they could, and this program is crowd pleaser. It's not dance, but it's fun.

126.32 = 1st Place
210.92 = 1st Place

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
He sure was flinging her legs all over the place on the last two elements :lol:

Their excitement is off the charts, there's no denying that.

NOW- TES is almost the same as Lajoie and Lagha. Their performance score is going to be off the charts and I can't really fault it, but please get it right and score the other two realistically.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
LOL - the GOEs were climbing higher and higher on that last element as the TES tracker left the screen. So ridiculous. That was a flat performance compared to their best outing back at NHK.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Mark prefaced this by promising “Its final outing!” HALLELUJAH! May it be so! Bye, Rocky!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
NOW- TES is almost the same as Lajoie and Lagha. Their performance score is going to be off the charts and I can't really fault it, but please get it right and score the other two realistically.
Maybe it will go down on review. She says hopefully.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Mark, ice dance is about skating skills. You can't compensate for not having that with other things in the program. Please stop trying to polish a 💩
Ice dancing hasn't been about skating skills for a long time, so he's just an extension of what the judges do anyways.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
And yet I bet the crowd will be on their feet at the end thanks to the last minute's music.
No they weren't. I don't like this dance, haven't all season but to have the audience stand for Sor, I want every single other dance team to get a 7 minute ovation

Carolla5501

Mark, ice dance is about skating skills. You can't compensate for not having that with other things in the program. Please stop trying to polish a 💩

He’s paid by ISU who wants to defend the judging what’s he supposed to say the judges have their eyes closed

This is why dance at some point is going to be thrown out of the Olympics because it’s not even legitimately fair. It’s all about reputation. They probably could’ve fallen down and still landed where they were gonna land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information