NHK 2023 Rhythm Dance - Big (GOE) in Japan

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
A bunch of tier-2 US teams always have this "i hope the sorority accepts me" vibe when they're doing anything before the music starts and after the bows. I like to wait to see who steps forward with some fierceness, like recent & past greats, but they all do give it their all.

Meanwhile, we Canucks steal interesting skaters abroad. Damn, I love L/LG. They're so "French." I used to say that about Dubreuil & Lauzon. I am willing to sacrifice one of the older Canadian teams not L/L to get them to the Olympics. I might be under extreme INXS bias.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Dare I feel hopeful about the Sugarhill Gang/Sade program?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I feel like it was just yesterday we watched this Taylor Dayne program. I forgot how many of my husbands are indeed in this group though

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Patrice is 47, so he would have been a young teen. Marie-France is two years his senior.
Then I questioned that they spent much time with the 80's music, certainly not watching MTV

The hair is a miss, the costumes are a miss

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
This team has my favorite FD of the year and the RD is probably almost at the top for me too. He's the stronger skater for sure but they both can be a whole lot tidier and gain more speed, although I think that is more of a Lola issue.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
This year's rhythm dance should havevbeen so exciting. Even if they picked the 70s or 90s it should have been a blast for the skaters and the audience. So many teams missed the mark this season. So many choices and I'm just sad about it

Don't underestimate skaters' & coaches' ability to rot any decade/theme of music. If it were '90s. it would be a litany of programs to "Kiss From A Rose" or "What's Goin' On."

So, I want Reed & Ambrulevicius to medal. Don't judge me. :slinkaway

Same, and I'm obligated through DNA to take up for Finnish skaters.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Fab twizzles. This already looks so much better since Cup of China. Seemless transition into that rotation lift. The pattern steps were just awesome, so much flow and depth.

This choreography is so good, so unique, and so them. Team Villard is so good at remembering the importance of style in a program. I loved that so much. Just awesome. :respec:

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
First half of that was so great! They lost focus on Apache (I'm in no teknik so I just mean program)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Hmmmm... until the midline step sequence, I really felt like DemLeM could have been skating to any music and there wasn't much '80s there. It also doesn't help that her dress is so contemporary.

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
Neither did I for.a while. But when you think about it, if the top two Canadian teams retire in the next couple of years, they're sitting pretty. They could be Canada #2 (or #3 if B/B should pass them).

I feel like that's a long road to maybe make it to worlds in your 30s.

peibeck

Simply looking
I love the chest isolations in the first part of the program, but I feel they are capable of better, more difficult holds throughout.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Ending with the midline might not be the best program construction, especially when other teams end with a crowd-pleasing bang.

Very nice twizzles. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information