2025 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Boston

SidelineSkater

For us common folks who are not Friends of Figure Skating (Foes of Figure Skating? Just kidding!)...

Will the process be the same for ordering tickets when the general public sale happens Wednesday? Meaning, we submit our seating preferences and they contact us to confirm OR is this the open/free for all on Ticketmaster where you select available seats?

acraven

That's great news for the non-FOFS folks. The savings on TicketMaster fees will be huge, won't they?

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Yes, but be warned - it took some of us 8 days to finalize the seat selections.
I am honestly not sure how he can handle a larger number of buyers.:confused:
I don’t think they’re concerned. This far out, they probably just want to generate some cashflows cheaply. Right now it seems like the operation is just a guy and a payment process service, which is all they really need, especially since there’s just going to be a quick influx of sales that will then stabilize and taper out until the sales go through Ticketmaster. Anymore staff would become quickly obsolete and deplete the cashflows.

You waited 8 days, but I don’t think you’ll think about this when you’re there. I’ll wait 8 days or longer to finalize my purchase. It’s so far out, I’m in no rush.

YukiNieve

You waited 8 days, but I don’t think you’ll think about this when you’re there. I’ll wait 8 days or longer to finalize my purchase.
Agree that they don't care. But on my end it was not just 8 days doing nothing. I had to keep my cell phone on and nearby all the time since I did not know when he was going to call me. For a full-time working professional with family, efficiency matters a lot.
But once I will be there - you are right about I will not remember how I got the tickets, lol. :shuffle:

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
For those that are looking for specific seats it appears 10-14 is aisle on the shorter/corner rows and 19-20 on longer center rows, and of course 1 is aisle. If you want a middle of the row seat, select 6-10 and they should be able to tell what you want. The seat number selection is what threw me as I think it went up to 30. It definitely would be helpful to have a map with actual seat numbers but hopefully that helps some of you if you care where your seat is in a row.

I also found this information after my ticket was assigned:
Low seat numbers are on right hand side of the section and high seat numbers are on the left hand side. For example, seat #1 in section 22 is on the aisle next to section 21. So seat #1 in section 2 is on the aisle adjacent to section 1.

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
For those that are looking for specific seats it appears 10-14 is aisle on the shorter/corner rows and 19-20 on longer center rows, and of course 1 is aisle. If you want a middle of the row seat, select 6-10 and they should be able to tell what you want. The seat number selection is what threw me as I think it went up to 30. It definitely would be helpful to have a map with actual seat numbers but hopefully that helps some of you if you care where your seat is in a row.

I also found this information after my ticket was assigned:
Low seat numbers are on right hand side of the section and high seat numbers are on the left hand side. For example, seat #1 in section 22 is on the aisle next to section 21. So seat #1 in section 2 is on the aisle adjacent to section 1.
I have seats 13-15 on the aisle in the corner Section 19 row 14 (there's an aisle that cuts through that section). Seats 22-24 are the aisle seats on the opposite end of my row closest to Section 20. It's very hard to read the map even blowing it up to 800%!

Evgeniafan

Need help. I didn't get the tickets I wanted. . Are seats 17-18, is one am aisle seat in Balcony row 1?

Spikefan

Need help. I didn't get the tickets I wanted. . Are seats 17-18, is one am aisle seat in Balcony row 1?
If you are in a center section it appears so just by zooming in and counting seats from this map. But you may want to email and ask.

Spikefan

The map is updated since last week as I can see my seat blacked out. 19 does not show anything blacked out, so likely a glitch unless someone recently had them held/purchased. Map is not updated in real time.

I hear there is a Notes section now so maybe pick your next choice and in Notes state you really want 19 and what the issue is.

Rhumba d’Amour

The map is updated since last week as I can see my seat blacked out. 19 does not show anything blacked out, so likely a glitch unless someone recently had them held/purchased. Map is not updated in real time.

I hear there is a Notes section now so maybe pick your next choice and in Notes state you really want 19 and what the issue is.
Yes, I finally threw caution to the winds and explained what I want in the Notes section, with preferences for section listed in order. Can’t wait for that phone call with ability to discuss in real time :)

Firedancer

Tickets ordered. That was weird. It wouldn’t work on my iPad and kept telling me there insufficient all event tickets left. We’ll see what I actually get.

skipaway

Good experience compared to Montreal (no crashing of the website). Will be interesting to see what is offered.
The transaction has appeared on my CC.

MichelynB

Tickets ordered. That was weird. It wouldn’t work on my iPad and kept telling me there insufficient all event tickets left. We’ll see what I actually get.
I encountered the same problem. Every section I tried. So I went on the desktop computer and everything went through fine. But who knows what I’ll really get.

AnnM

Anyone having trouble ordering?

I got an "insufficient quantity" message for any seat location and number of tickets for a solid fifteen minutes before my request finally went through with my first preference.

I also put in some additional general preferences in the notes section.

Last edited:

SidelineSkater

Once I'm contacted by ticket guru, I'll post my update here. If anyone else who purchased today can do the same, that will be great. I'm interested to see how long the process takes for them to reach out.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
Ordered my tickets. Playing the waiting game like everyone else. I requested Section 1 Premium Loge, so we'll see what happens. I was able to request Section 1 last time around and they were able to accommodate, even with the blackout shown on the map. :saint:

UMBS Go Blue

Слава Україні!
FYI, as Boston is my hometown and I've been to the TD Garden for some events lately:

Transit. As many of you remember, TD Garden sits directly above the North Station commuter rail platforms (for the northern suburbs) and is directly linked to the Green and Orange Lines (subway) via a corridor.
  • If you're coming from these subway lines, this corridor not only deposits you at the commuter rail platform, but also a dedicated security entrance to the "club" seats.
  • This entrance might not be open, however, if attendance is sparse, especially during mid-week. You would otherwise need to walk a few extra steps back outside, to Causeway Street, where you take a set of escalators up to the main security entrance on the 2nd level. There may be other more direct ways to access the main security entrance that I don't even know about.
Amenities. Lots of construction has happened since the last Worlds. There are multiple new high-rises and corporate HQs directly above or near TD Garden, which means a lot more services.
  • Within the TD Garden structure, there is a "Hub Hall" food court that is overpriced but not bad - certainly better than any arena concessions. It even has a branch of Mike's Pastry. It is at street level just a few steps down from the aforementioned escalator, and also connects to the far end of the commuter rail platforms.
  • There is a Star Market (supermarket) at street level, at the base of the aforementioned escalator. It is part of the same corporate umbrella as Safeway, Albertsons, Vons, Pavilions, and Jewel-Osco, so if you already punch in your phone number at checkout at these stores in order to obtain sale pricing, you should be able to do so at Star and Shaw's markets in New England.
  • There are plenty of sit-down restaurants and sports bars in the area - much more than last time. Big, small, you name it, and you shouldn't need reservations since Worlds won't be as busy an event as, say, a sold-out Celtics or Bruins game. Also plenty more fast-casual eateries. Just search / look up / pan around Google Maps to see for yourself. Focus on the triangle formed by Causeway, Merrimac, and Washington - any point within it is at most a 5 minute walk from the aforementioned security escalators.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information