Skate Canada 2023 Free Dance - There's a Rat in Me Kitchen, What Am I Gonna Do?

skatingguy

decently
Fear, Lilah/Gibson, Lewis 🇬🇧
Coach: R. Haguenauer, P. Lauzon, M-F. Dubreuil
Music: Gonna Fly Now (Rocky), Eye Of The Tiger

OFTW3+OFTM3
SyTwW4+SyTwM4
DiStW3+DiStM2
Choreo Assisted Jump
Dance Spin 3 (2 after review)
Curve Lift 4 + Rotational Lift 4
Choreo Char Step Sequence
Choreo Slide Move

Stationary Lift 4

It doesn't sound good when the free dance is referred to as 'Rocky'. Doesn't bring up positive associations. Which one of them is Rocky? Okay, Eye of the Tiger is good. Does @tony like faux boxing more or less than he liked faux sword fighting. :unsure: ;)

126.04 = 1st Place
209.55 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
And THIS! Ladies and Gentlemen, is the reason why I still love Ice Dance!
Programs with a clear story and message instead of lyrical hipster stuff.
I know most of you hate this program, but I ****ing love it.
I am a simple girl.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Well, welcome to the new world of ice dancing since last year. It's audience-friendly, it's friendly to the 95% of fans who don't know any ice dance rules, it's friendly to the judges who don't know ice dance rules but still sit on every panel.

I just don't think it's much of anything. Still a lot of crossovers and prep for elements, the 'complexity' in between elements was stuff like fake jump roping, etc. They don't need to do anything different because their PCS will just keep going up anyways.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Quite honestly they should have made this an exhibition. I didn't even enjoy it in the cheesy way.

My mom recognised the music and came down the hall to watch them and she's never seen F/G skate before. She thought they weren't doing very much and the program looked empty. She's joining me in disagreeing with Kaitlyn on CBC lol.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Well, welcome to the new world of ice dancing since last year. It's audience-friendly, it's friendly to the 95% of fans who don't know any ice dance rules, it's friendly to the judges who don't know ice dance rules but still sit on every panel.

I just don't think it's much of anything. Still a lot of crossovers and prep for elements, the 'complexity' in between elements was stuff like fake jump roping, etc. They don't need to do anything different because their PCS will just keep going up anyways.
Sounds perfect to me.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice

:rofl: I hate that this is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information