2023 Oscars “Red” Carpet & Ceremony

Allskate

My mom's excited about Women Talking winning; she just watched it. Said it was a fantastic movie but in no way shape or form was it enjoyable.

It's about a community of women who had been subjected to mass sexual assaults and then were told that they were just inventing their reports and that Satan was leading them to say they were being abused. So, definitely not enjoyable. And for people who don't like movies that have a lot of talking and little physical action, it will be unenjoyable for that reason. But I thought it was brilliant and thought-provoking.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
I was such a huge fan of Road to Avonlea growing up so I am thrilled at Sarah Polley winning this one.

In a fit of nostalgia, I just bought the DVD set of the series and have been going through it again. Congrats to Sarah Polley!

Jay42

Between the click of the light
In a fit of nostalgia, I just bought the DVD set of the series and have been going through it again. Congrats to Sarah Polley!
I'm planning to watch the show again sometime soon. I also have the box set for the series now.

peibeck

Simply looking
I guess everything everywhere will win Best Pic after getting screenplay and supporting actors. Yawn. It’s been years since I was enthralled with a BP winner.

It's definitely the favorite to win, and I was not so impressed with the movie until its last 30 minutes where I felt like it pulled all its disparate elements into a satisfyingly emotional finale.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
On the one hand I can't believe Top Gun was nominated for Best Picture. On the other, it's the only one of the nominees I've seen and yes it did get me back to the movies. I was SO EXCITED to pick out my seats at Movie Tavern. I bought the big popcorn and whooped and hollered and clapped.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I think John has Covid or another crud. Didn’t he lose his wife this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information