2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

Ka3sha

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Here you go (VLADINOVA, Neviana )

Thanks for finding it. I’m only sorry that it didn’t include the choral vocals. Maybe the first elite-competition figure skating version will include the chorus? Imagine how spectacular that would be...a solo quad or a pair triple twist during the pounding of the drums!

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Well, maybe they will be indeed working on a program, or just on some gala program or maybe he meant his Ice Kids project - he didn't say anything specific.
... and neither did i...;)

"Medvedeva decided to return to Averbuch (meaning work-wise)".
https://ryb.ru/2019/04/19/1332322

Авербух с оптимизмом смотрит на будущую работу с Евгенией
Медведевой. "Я много общаюсь с Женей, совсем скоро будут интересные
новости по поводу нас."

Averbuch is looking at the upcoming/future work with Evgeniya with optimism. "I communicate with Zhenya a lot, and very soon there will be interesting news about us".

LoopCombo

Hi everyone :), I’m relatively new on this forum. I am looking forward to Averbukh’s programs for Medvedeva and Tuktamysheva! I don’t get all the shade about hoping Medvedeva doesn’t go back to ‘miming.’ Number one, not everybody hated that. She was young and speaking for my family and myself, we found it charming and age appropriate. Two, Medvedeva didn’t mime this past season. She was always a good performer, but she is maturing into a more sophisticated performer. Performance is her strength and something that sets her apart. Why not assume skaters want to move forward not backward with their programs? Same with Tuktamysheva. Good if Averbukh is known for ‘over-choreographing’ because Tuktamysheva is often criticized for ‘not having any choreography.’ It sounds to me like she wants to take that criticism seriously and continue to compete with the top ladies this coming season. She was doing her lutz from steps as last season wore on, and the Averbukh news sounds like she’s committed to improving her artistic side and transitions, etc. I really like her and I’m excited to see the results! The announcement I’m disappointed about is Marin Honda skating to La La Land :(. She is one of my favorite skaters and the La La Land soundtrack originally was kind of fresh and minimalist but now it is just so overused and it doesn’t have being current going for it anymore. However, Honda is a fantastic performer, so hopefully she will kill it and also have an amazing costume. I am hoping for her to finally have a breakout season!

Tinami Amori

I am looking forward to Averbukh’s programs for Medvedeva and Tuktamysheva! I don’t get all the shade about hoping Medvedeva doesn’t go back to ‘miming.’ Number one, not everybody hated that. She was young and speaking for my family and myself, we found it charming and age appropriate.
I agree with you. Mime is part of "theatre". Many elements of "theatre" are used in figure skating. Averbuch is great at "theatre" and i like/love many of his programmes.

;) but don't worry this season... i am quite sure that "Medvedeva's miming" will get a lot less cirtique on english speaking forums than before, now that she is training in North America, with Orser and not "with Tutberidze"..:rofl:

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
;) but don't worry this season... i am quite sure that "Medvedeva's miming" will get a lot less cirtique on english speaking forums than before, now that she is training in North America, with Orser and not "with Tutberidze"..:rofl:

You're become quite the broken record,dear.

I'm quite certain I'll have just as much disdain for her skating this upcoming season as in prior years.

-BB

Tinami Amori

Oh no. The best thing about Evgenia leaving Team Eteri, I felt, is that she can try new choreographers.
just for the record, she switched from Averbuch to Gleikhengauz during her last season. Her 2017/18 SP/LP are not by Averbuch. TW's and MG's choreos for 2018/19 season are not outstanding either. I would not mind seeing again what Averbuch can do for her, since sometime has passed.

Sylvia

TBD
Luca Lanotte is in Beijing choreographing for the "forgotten" pair of Xuehan Wang & Lei Wang. Lanotte's latest IG story clips feature them skating to La Califfa / The Lady Caliph by Ennio Morricone (don't know if this their SP or FS; I thought I recognized a snippet from Ludovico Einaudi's "Experience" a few days ago which might have been another program for Wang/Wang?).

RoseRed

just for the record, she switched from Averbuch to Gleikhengauz during her last season. Her 2017/18 SP/LP are not by Averbuch. TW's and MG's choreos for 2018/19 season are not outstanding either. I would not mind seeing again what Averbuch can do for her, since sometime has passed.
Her 2017-18 SP was by Averbukh, and the original FS was too (I believe). Anna Karenina was by Daniil, and was originally an ex.

LoopCombo

@Tinami Amori, I enjoy your sardonic truth-bombs and your English translations.
:40beers:
Good point about miming being part of theater. There’s a good deal of miming in Keegan Messing’s Charlie Chaplin program, and although I hope to heck not to hear in this thread that he’s keeping it for a third season, it was one of my favorites.

Taso

I'm intrigued that Shae Lynn Bourne was working with anyone in South Carolina. Who knew that was a skating hot bed?

I'm trying to imagine why either of them were there? Theres a rink in Greenville but I know nothing about it. Anyone know if that's where they were?

clairecloutier

Luca Lanotte is in Beijing choreographing for the "forgotten" pair of Xuehan Wang & Lei Wang. Lanotte's latest IG story clips feature them skating to La Califfa / The Lady Caliph by Ennio Morricone (don't know if this their SP or FS; I thought I recognized a snippet from Ludovico Einaudi's "Experience" a few days ago which might have been another program for Wang/Wang?).

Hmm, Wang/Wang got new programs last year by Misha Ge, but never got to compete them internationally. Hopefully we will get to see this year's programs internationally!

starrynight

Good if Averbukh is known for ‘over-choreographing’ because Tuktamysheva is often criticized for ‘not having any choreography.’ It sounds to me like she wants to take that criticism seriously and continue to compete with the top ladies this coming season. She was doing her lutz from steps as last season wore on, and the Averbukh news sounds like she’s committed to improving her artistic side and transitions, etc. I really like her and I’m excited to see the results!

Tuktamysheva would actually really suit some over the top Averbukh choreography. That kind of stuff suits her. Sort of how the really flamboyant choreography with dinner trays etc worked so well for her Toxic exh. Something subtle wouldn't be Liza's forte.

She should skate her free to Adele's 'Hello' so Averbukh can re-use his miming answering the phone choreographic genius again. ;):D

annie720

Coco said:
]I'm intrigued that Shae Lynn Bourne was working with anyone in South Carolina. Who knew that was a skating hot bed?

I'm trying to imagine why either of them were there? Theres a rink in Greenville but I know nothing about it. Anyone know if that's where they were?

Shae Lynn lives part time in the Charleston area and has worked with Nathan there in the past.

LoopCombo

Tuktamysheva would actually really suit some over the top Averbukh choreography. That kind of stuff suits her. Sort of how the really flamboyant choreography with dinner trays etc worked so well for her Toxic exh. Something subtle wouldn't be Liza's forte.

She should skate her free to Adele's 'Hello' so Averbukh can re-use his miming answering the phone choreographic genius again. ;):D

One of the finest moments of the year was her impromptu kicking of the tray! I almost died laughing while simultaneously thinking how cool Tuktamysheva is :).
Drama and humor, love it!

starrynight

I was thinking and I'd like Tuktamysheva to do something really audience friendly like a Queen medley program - Somebody to Love, I Want to Break Free, Under Pressure etc. It'd be amazing and the music would help her connect to the audience.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I was thinking and I'd like Tuktamysheva to do something really audience friendly like a Queen medley program - Somebody to Love, I Want to Break Free, Under Pressure etc. It'd be amazing and the music would help her connect to the audience.

I'm not sure she needs much help in that department. :)

starrynight

I'm not sure she needs much help in that department. :)

I meant more some music choices project inwards and others totally outwards. Queen projects outwards and leaves no doubt that the performance is for the audience.

That said, you need to be a good enough performer to manage Queen. Otherwise it can just trample all over a skater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information