2019-2020 Programs and Choreographers

Ka3sha

Last edited:

ostile17

Claire..Im so confused.. he is competing?

He came back last season. Did well. Then thought he isn't good enough?

I thought he then quit (again).

He is still in it? What are his goals then. Do you know?

He never quit and even if he declined Worlds he always said that he would cotinue competing and is a seeded JSF skater.

The other day he said he most likely won't compete in international competitions, and certainly non in the early part of the season. I think he said that so that his fans would not think he may take part in the GP Series.

Like last year he will do domestic competitions aiming for Japan Nationals!

Urban Queen

Banned Member
I sometimes think there should be a penalty for using overused pieces of music.
What should the penalty be, do you think? A two to three year ban or more like the death penalty, LOL!

I don't mind music that has been used a lot but I think some of the pieces from Christina Aguilera are a bit on the racy side when children are watching. However, since I am from a very sheltered small town background I realize others will disagree and that is cool.

Sylvia

TBD
Marin Honda
La La Land choreographed by L. Nichol
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwgkEaJHXM7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=vkvz0ju6shh4
Could be either SP or FP
Based on this IG post by Lori Nichol I'm thinking it's her FS: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwKpwoAHezM/
(Looks like Nichol joined IG not long before 2019 Worlds - Sui/Han visited her in Toronto earlier this month.)

ETA:

Wakaba Higuchi has been in Italy (Rome) working with Massimo Scali (SP or FS?): https://www.instagram.com/p/BweexUYlIxQ/
She visited Shae-Lynn Bourne in South Carolina back in early March for a new program (SP or FS?): https://www.instagram.com/p/BuxHRgEhTBT/

Last edited:

Japanfan

What should the penalty be, do you think? A two to three year ban or more like the death penalty, LOL!

A restriction would make more sense than a penalty, but I don't know how it could be implemented. A lottery for the __ number of allowable Carmen/Poto/ . . . per season? Doesn't seem feasible, but I do like the idea actually.

skipaway

A restriction would make more sense than a penalty, but I don't know how it could be implemented. A lottery for the __ number of allowable Carmen/Poto/ . . . per season? Doesn't seem feasible, but I do like the idea actually.
list 20 most common music selections used in FS in the last 20 year’s. Then, One Carmen/POTO etc. per discipline per year. First to announce their program has dibs, rest need to find new music or announce sooner. May reuse program the next year one time only

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
My own highly-personal list of warhorses to be avoided:

Blues for Klook

any Piazzola tango

Requiem for a Dream

POTO

Anything Chaplin

Moulin Rouge

I’m happy to hear any classical music so have no problem with Carmen, Scheherazade, Moonlight Sonata, etc.

Urban Queen

Banned Member
I think this is a very smart idea, but I don't know how they could implement this system. Would skaters have to call "dibs" on the restricted pieces as soon as possible? Would certain countries get a limited amount of spots per overused selection? I imagine many controversies could arise and bring out nationalistic debates. Still, it is interesting to theorize about it.

RoseRed

I think this is a very smart idea, but I don't know how they could implement this system. Would skaters have to call "dibs" on the restricted pieces as soon as possible? Would certain countries get a limited amount of spots per overused selection? I imagine many controversies could arise and bring out nationalistic debates. Still, it is interesting to theorize about it.
Also, does it apply to seniors and juniors, all skaters or only top skaters, etc? Because I imagine is could be a big issue for a lower ranked or junior team that doesn't necessarily know if they'll be competing internationally that year. It would make no sense for a team to call music if they're only competing domestically (or at least, it would be a separate system), but then what if you're unexpectedly sent out. I guess you could argue, well then don't select warhorses at all to be safe, but I'm against that. As much as some music is overused, if it's what a skater really wants to do and feels passionate about, then I think they should be able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information