From Russia with love [#23]: Spring/Summer 2016

altai_rose

In paragraph 4 it says

.... Decided to allow the transition from Halyavin K. SSHOR "Moskvich" (coaches Zhulin AV, Volkov OG) to continue his sports career in Spain.
It's confusing because it's mentioned in the section about coach/club transfers, rather than the section about country releases. "Continuing his sports career in Spain" may not be synonymous with a release, could be just that he's allowed to train in Spain.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
It's confusing because it's mentioned in the section about coach/club transfers, rather than the section about country releases. "Continuing his sports career in Spain" may not be synonymous with a release, could be just that he's allowed to train in Spain.

This is only approval from the Moscow federations for Kiril to represent Spain, there still needs to be an official release from the Russian Federation.

Ka3sha

Any information about their coaches?
Sara moving to Moscow? Or they both to Lozon? Or? :watch:

zebraswan

She didn't have a prayer of competing for Russia and wouldn't for Georgia if they had anybody else. :lol:

Considering that Diana has a significant disability that most other skaters have never had to deal with, I think it's impressive that she can skate as well as she does...not sure what is so funny about it. Jumps aside, I think her skating is quite nice.

legjumper

Any information about their coaches?
Sara moving to Moscow? Or they both to Lozon? Or? :watch:
Last year in an interview, Sara said one of her criteria for a new partner was that he must be willing to train with her coaches. Maybe now that she has Kirill, that has changed...? We'll see soon enough!

clairecloutier

Considering that Diana has a significant disability that most other skaters have never had to deal with, I think it's impressive that she can skate as well as she does...not sure what is so funny about it. Jumps aside, I think her skating is quite nice.

I've only seen one program of Diana's so far, but I agree, I thought she was quite good. And actually she seemed to land quite a few jumps in the program, not at Medvedeva/Pogo/Rad levels, but still a number of jumps. Switching to Georgia sounds like an excellent idea for her.

kirkbiggestfan

I am out of the loop. Is there a Georgian technical controller out there? :EVILLE:
Happy for Diana Davis to find an opportunity to skate internationally. She had all the triples before her growth spurt. (Who is Mister Davis?)

sweetsparky

Good Ice Dance = THE SEX
Well on the bright side, at least Kirill is basically guaranteed to make it to the Olympics now.

I don´t really know anything about Olivia Smart´s level, and clearly Khaliavin has more senior experience, but at least Smart/Díaz would have the advantage of starting earlier to work together. I expect some competition,with also Robledo/Fenero in the mix, so I don´t think that Oly spot is so guaranteed.

Anyway I am very happy that Sara Hurtado would be back in the ice, and wish her and Khaliavin the best :cheer:

blancanieves

This is only approval from the Moscow federations for Kiril to represent Spain, there still needs to be an official release from the Russian Federation.

If/When there is a release, would Hurtado/Khaliavin be able to compete this season or would they have to wait until next?

Stephanie

Well on the bright side, at least Kirill is basically guaranteed to make it to the Olympics now.

I don´t really know anything about Olivia Smart´s level, and clearly Khaliavin has more senior experience, but at least Smart/Díaz would have the advantage of starting earlier to work together. I expect some competition,with also Robledo/Fenero in the mix, so I don´t think that Oly spot is so guaranteed.

Anyway I am very happy that Sara Hurtado would be back in the ice, and wish her and Khaliavin the best :cheer:

Unless I'm missing something I don't see how either team could compete in the Olympics since both teams have a non-Spanish partner and neither team will be training/living in Spain. I doubt the Spanish figure skating Fed is so powerful that they can push through citizenship exceptions.

Sylvia

TBD
Some decisions of Moscow Skating federation
Khaliavin will skate for Spain
Yanovskaya transfered to Svinin and Zhuk
Elizaveta Yuschenko will skate for Israel
Moris Kvitelashvili, Diana Davis, Eva Khachaturyan will skate for Georgia etc
http://ffkm.ru/images/files/documents/Protokol_Presidium_23-05-2016.pdf
Thanks! Link to Google translation
Is this the girl ( Екатерина Александровская ) who wants to skate for Australia? http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/974.html
Astakhova/Rogonov interview by Ermolina/Flade ("Onegin" photos by Nodari Maisuradze, originally shared on social media): http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/216...oj-vybros-nado-idealno-ispolnyat-trojnoj.html
Plus a 1-minute trailer :): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIWijodniV4

Sylvia

TBD
Looks like her and Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya competing with Harley Dahlstrom at Hollins Trophy next week.
So a new Senior pair team for Australia! There's also an Anastasia Kuznetsova and Nick McCreary entered in Junior Dance (ETA: there was a "Anastasia Kuznetsova" who skated singles in New Zealand?).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information