DWTS Season 21 cast rumors....anyone?

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
Tristan's on "Strictly Come Dancing." They've been doing their cast announcements, but I haven't looked to see if Len's still judging there. He shuttled when the shows overlapped and that has to take a toll.

Tony's an actual ballroom judge (never had him on a panel but he was judging at Manhattan when I went to watch) so having him on as a judge would be nice replacement for Len. Though they might not want to sit him next to Carrie Anne....Tony might be a better 'cooler head' replacement than Maks...(And if they want to dump Julianne that would be fine by me...)

screech

I really hope that Sasha will be a future announced pro. He definitely earned a pro spot after last season.

Debbie S

I'm not expecting DWTS to have same-sex partners any time soon...
During Evan Lysacek's DWTS season, my coach suggested that the show should have Johnny Weir compete in drag and dance with Maks. :lol: Hey, Johnny had a Ukrainian skating coach....

Katha

I actually think the one in most need of a somewhat challenging partner is Val. He's been given fit, capable, young and attractive partners for years now. All of them with at least a decent amount of prior dance experience. I would like to see him with someone he needs to teach from scratch. Also IMO he needs to up his choreography game, that season with Rumer was very safe. Mark has been babysitting the young and/or conservative ones for years, and they mostly came with nerves, limited abilities and no dance experience. He can get someone more capable for a change. Derek always gets good ones, but even here you can argue looking at the last year or two that they weren't as good as Val's partners. But of course that's a pipe dream and Val will get another ringer.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Just announced Bindi Irwin, the little Australian girl who wrangles crocs and crocodile Dundee daughter. She seem so sweet and eager. I can see her being a fan favourite
Wow, she's 17 already? Not so "little".

Cycliste

Aw, Bindi Sue. So she will get Mark? I would like to see what a male tennis player can do, since Monica and Martina were both so.....disappointing.

shan

Diana wasn't too terrible, she just had the unfortunate luck of being on a season where everybody else was really good.

I wasn't trying to be mean about Diana. I just thought her type of contestant -- older, no dance experience, lack of a voting base might be a challenge for Derek.

BaileyCatts

Okay, so we know who Mark will have for a partner. :p

Bring on the rumors! We usually have rumors this close to the final announcement, a lot of which turn out to be true. But I still haven't seen any floating around, unless I ain't lookin' at the right sites.

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
I actually think the one in most need of a somewhat challenging partner is Val. He's been given fit, capable, young and attractive partners for years now. All of them with at least a decent amount of prior dance experience. I would like to see him with someone he needs to teach from scratch. Also IMO he needs to up his choreography game, that season with Rumer was very safe. Mark has been babysitting the young and/or conservative ones for years, and they mostly came with nerves, limited abilities and no dance experience. He can get someone more capable for a change. Derek always gets good ones, but even here you can argue looking at the last year or two that they weren't as good as Val's partners. But of course that's a pipe dream and Val will get another ringer.

I vote Derek and Val each have to dance with a Lady of a Certain Age this time round. Possibly Cloris Leachman-esque Age.

jkl

My Google page just popped up with the names Nick Carter (BackStreet Boys) and Alexa Vega (okey dokey) as being on Season 21 of DWTS.

michiruwater

Alexa Vega is 26, and is an ex-gymnast who has starred in musicals on Broadway and on film (Penny in Hairspray and as the lead in Repo: The Genetic Opera, respectively), so I can see her doing very well. Nick Carter, of course, has a fair amount of dance experience as a former boy band member.

Other rumors include Jodie Sweetin (from Full House) and Demi Moore.

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler
DWTS's FB is teasing (and apparently ABC spilled it) Victor Espinoza will be on! I'm stunned--there are way more important things coming up (like the Breeder's Cup!) Pharoah needs him! OTOH...fittest competitor EVER. (Seriously, these guys are made of iron.)

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Jodie Sweetin has been rumored several times over the years. I figure it's only a matter of time before she signs on, especially after Candice Bure was just a contestant.

BaileyCatts

Okay, so if the Alexa Vega rumor turns out to be true, there's Derek's partner. :p

Victor Espinoza is only 5'2". Which one of the girls is short enough to be his partner? Don't forget the dance heels adding height as well.

screech

I looked it up and both Witney and Allison are apparently 5'3. They seem to be the shortest. Don't forget also, the men have small heels as well (not as high as the girls, but still), and he can also wear lifts.

But when I saw his name I immediately thought Witney.

jkl

I immediately thought Witney also. DWTS tweeted out that he is confirmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information