2023 Skate America Women FS - Not Landing

beckab81

The smiles don't really fit the mood of the music, and they are most certainly choreographed in because she would plaster them on her face during the little bits of choreo she did in practice earlier, too.

Almost all the triples looked tight.
Maybe she’s supposed to be going for a flirtatious smile, and it’s just not working?

jenny12

I do like that Claire Seo seems to really enjoy skating but her expression doesn't fit the music. Some nice qualities but the jump technique doesn't look solid. At least she seems invested in what she's doing which doesn't always come through in some skaters.

Sally1214

Clare should be pleased with that performance overall. A couple of errors early on but a good strong comeback in the 2nd half of the performance. Moving up from juniors to the big leagues, it was a very decent debut.

VGThuy

Clare Seo gives off the feeling that she was conditioned to smile broadly even in the face of personal torment to the point where it’s now her default expression. That seems harsh to say about a 17-year-old, but there’s some vibe I’m getting from her broad smiling.

skatingguy

decently
Seo, Clare 🇺🇸
Coach: Tammy Gambill
Music: Liber Tango, Oblivion by Astor Piazzolla

3Lzq+2T
1F
3S - weight back on the landing

2A
Ch Combo Spin 4
Choreo Sequence
2A - was to be the 3 jump combo

3Lzq+2T
3Loq

Fly Ch Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 4

Fly Camel Spin 4

Solid skate for Clare. Non-jump elements were the strength of the technical content. Rotation on both Lutz jumps were tight.

105.63 = 1st Place
163.77 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Now, by contrast, we have Wi with no expression at all. She's ticking off the jumps, though, so maybe "no expression" works for her.

And it's the first Exogenesis of the day.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Just this once, Johnny's assessment was correct about Clare's program choice. I still enjoy her skating, though.
For those watching without commentary pretending like we know and understand just what in the sparkly cutout hell is going on, what is Johnny saying?

VGThuy

Yeah. You'd think the skaters would have clued in to the pattern by now.
Most skating parents who hire her are probably local and don’t have the knowledge of skating fans, and the Bay Area may have a limited amount of coaches who coach at this level and think it’s amazing their kid has made it this far. And the skaters are young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information