Your moment of the games?

paskatefan

Israel winning two gold medals & hearing "Hatikvah" (the Israeli National Anthem)
Redemption for Jade Carey (the floor exercise)
Katie Ledecky & Caeleb Dressel's amazing competitions & accomplishments in the pool
That American wrestler Mensah-Stock (sorry, I don't remember her first name offhand) talking about how proud she is to be an American & how much she loves her country!
Rebecca Andrade

Last edited:

Spiralgraph

Ahh lots of moments I loved. The American swimmers Katie Ledecky, Caeleb Dressel, Lydia Jacoby, Bobby Finke et al, Tom Daley winning gold with Matty Lee, Simone Biles winning bronze, Suni Le's gold and Jordan Chiles etc. The Italians; the two high jumpers sharing gold! I enjoyed seeing all the reactions from the families back home
What I also liked I didn't hear the phrase that so and so "settled for silver" gosh I much prefer won the silver medal.

clairecloutier

Nothing that I saw happen at this Games was as memorable as what didn’t happen: Simone Biles not competing for most of her events. Her story is what I’ll remember most, because her very celebrity and greatness made it front-page news, and forced everyone to think about the issues she was facing and what it all meant.

Dan Rather has written a great essay about it:

Jimena

I have a few moments that I will remember
  • Artur and Nikita placing their medals on each other when Russia won MAG. I'm so happy they won. And Artur is truly a warrior. I still can't believe he competed at all. That he did so well is just incredible.
  • Rebeca Andrade's performance and medals
  • Zverev beating Djokovic. And Carreño-Busta beating Djokovic.
  • Jasmine Camacho-Quinn winning 100M hurdles 🇵🇷🇵🇷🇵🇷🇵🇷
  • Warholm WR
  • De Grasse winning the 200M
  • Duplantis. He's amazing.
  • High jump shared gold
  • Hafnaoui winning from lane 8
  • Italians winning 4 x 100M. And Tortu bawling his eyes out.

Last edited:

MsZem

I think if someone did a poll the high jump OGM would win on its own ;) And Simone Biles would get a special citation.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Raven Saunders speaking up for athletes' rights and human rights.

Simone Biles not competing. The example of her stepping away for her own health/safety is going to be huge for other athletes, at all levels.

The US fencers wearing pink masks in support of their abused teammates, while standing next to the abuser.

The shared OGM in the high jump.

Tom Daley knitting! (and getting some hardware too)

And....not a specific single moment, but at the very last diving event (men's 10m platform), during the final round, after each diver finished, the announcer called their name, and the audience gave all of them huge rounds of applause - no matter if the diver was from their country or not. That was really nice to see.

Last edited:

floskate

Vacant
Nothing that I saw happen at this Games was as memorable as what didn’t happen: Simone Biles not competing for most of her events. Her story is what I’ll remember most, because her very celebrity and greatness made it front-page news, and forced everyone to think about the issues she was facing and what it all meant.

Dan Rather has written a great essay about it:

That was a truly moving piece. Thank you for sharing. :)

Cachoo

I watched when the US men finally received their coveted gold medal in track on a relay on the last day. But while they were relieved and happy the team from the Netherlands was insanely happy finishing second. I wanted the camera to stay on them. They were so much fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information