Your First Celebrity Crush

Cachoo

I guess I'm enjoying these trips down memory lane though this one, for me, is cringeworthy. Who was your first, childhood celebrity crush?

Mine: Donny Osmond

At least I followed that up with a guy who looked like he would be comfortable on a surfboard; an actor named Vincent Van Patten.

So who caught your eye during your preteen/early teen years????

skategal

Bunny mama
Eric Estrada from CHIPS. :grope:

I had a yellow sweatshirt with his photo on it. My most cherished possession...:rofl:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
It wasn't a crush, it was real love. I fell in love with Bobby Darin & to this day when I think about him & how young he died it hurts my heart. I was convinced I was going to marry him when I grew up. Along the way I also swooned over Peter O'Toole. I think those 2 were it for me. I loved Freddie Mercury too but it wasn't really a crush because I knew he was gay & not available. :lol:

Japanfan

I had a huge crush on both Robert Redford and Al Pacino when I was 13/14. My dad had a drugstore that sold magazines, so I had ready access to the entertainment ones.

Susan1

I guess I'm enjoying these trips down memory lane though this one, for me, is cringeworthy. Who was your first, childhood celebrity crush?

Mine: Donny Osmond

At least I followed that up with a guy who looked like he would be comfortable on a surfboard; an actor named Vincent Van Patten.

So who caught your eye during your preteen/early teen years????
What in the world is cringeworthy about David Cassidy (duh!) Bobby Sherman, Donny Osmond? We all had "crushes" on them. And yeah, Vincent Van Patten! :) He was the oldest son on some family show with a grandpa - Apple something. I'll go look it up. He's a commentator on the World Poker Tour shows. He's still cute. (My dad always complained about me saying boys were cute! Puppies are cute. Boys/young men are handsome or good looking or whatever.)

I'm back - "Apple's Way is an American drama television series which aired Sundays at 7:30 pm (EST) on CBS from 1974 to 1975. It was created by Earl Hamner Jr." I forgot that Kristy McNichol was his little sister.

Last edited:

Sparks

Vincent Van Patten is married to Eileen Davidson.
I loved Bobby Sherman too.

quartz

scratching at the light
My secular entertainment was somewhat limited until I was 12, so my first crush was David Cassidy.
Once I hit high school, it was Peter Frampton, Jim Morrison, Roger Daltrey, Robert Plant.

hanca

Values her privacy
When I was ten, I fell in love with Pierre Brice, a man roughly 40-45 years older than I was! To my defence, it was at the time when we didn’t have internet, so I didn’t realise that the films I was watching were already 20 years old and that the man that looks in the films quite young may not be as young at the time I watched it. Also, I really only had an opportunity to see him in three films, so our age difference stayed hidden for quite a while. But he was portraying a native American who was fighting for all the right values. He was my hero. (Clearly, at that time I didn’t realise that he has nothing in common with the real native Americans. At ten I was quite naive.)
The one on the left
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...0i273j46i273.WZ4o8OSvw_Y#imgrc=YZfa5awuITQ3aM:

KatieC

Robert Wagner, in It Takes a Thief, so handsome. James Mason and John Garfield, I watched a lot of old movies.

Cachoo

What in the world is cringeworthy about David Cassidy (duh!) Bobby Sherman, Donny Osmond? We all had "crushes" on them. And yeah, Vincent Van Patten! :) He was the oldest son on some family show with a grandpa - Apple something. I'll go look it up. He's a commentator on the World Poker Tour shows. He's still cute. (My dad always complained about me saying boys were cute! Puppies are cute. Boys/young men are handsome or good looking or whatever.)

I'm back - "Apple's Way is an American drama television series which aired Sundays at 7:30 pm (EST) on CBS from 1974 to 1975. It was created by Earl Hamner Jr." I forgot that Kristy McNichol was his little sister.

I actually liked the "Partridge Family" songs and still laugh and sing when I hear them. But "Puppy Love" and "Go Away Little Girl"----they are the worst. Poor Donny though I liked some of his choices as an adult. For me the embarrassment was less about the guy and more about some of the choices made for the guy.

Jenny

From the Bloc
For those interested, David Cassidy did a very interesting autobiography a few years before his death - a fascinating look into what it was really like to be Keith Partridge by day and mega star David Cassidy on weekends, and then his long struggle to pursue the music he really wanted to play. Lots of great detail and interesting storytelling.

Robert Wagner has also written several easy-to-read nostalgic memoirs about growing up in Hollywood, his career and the many famous people he's known and worked with.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Before high school, I can't remember having any significant crush. Then, I discovered the Doors and Jim Morrison. As for a movie star, not very original but Leonardo Di Caprio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information