Why is everyone buying GameStop (GME) stock?

becca

I absolutely regret not buying into Nokia versus AMC because Nokia is a legitimate company with a future.

MacMadame

Staying at home
I absolutely regret not buying into Nokia versus AMC because Nokia is a legitimate company with a future.
How is AMC not a legitimate company? I also disagree with you about Nokia's future vs. AMC but let's focus on how a company with over 4000 employees and almost 5.5 billion dollars is not a legitimate company...

becca

How is AMC not a legitimate company? I also disagree with you about Nokia's future vs. AMC but let's focus on how a company with over 4000 employees and almost 5.5 billion dollars is not a legitimate company...
My words are bad. AMC almost went into bankruptcy. And it may be quite a long time before the economy recovers. I am glad for them the got the extra revenue to pay of debts but it’s going to be a really long time.
The stock surge saved them.

Nokia no longer involved cell phones. They are positioning themselves in the 5G network getting some major contracts. The messing around with their stock (short companies is frankly not a game) Although some may want their assists.

So you have one company in a struggling industry that may eventually pick up but will be a while. And another company that is Majorily involved in inovating for the future.

On a personal note I am really glad for AMC they got this infusion of cash. But do I think right now they are the best place to put my money long term no. (And I regret it but it is what it is.). What I am saying their are good long term reasons to hold on to Nokia.

plus in my case I bought into Amc way to high.

I may get stock in Nokia’s competitor Erickson too. I could have gotten in with them for less than I paid for AMC.

The point maybe is Nokia isn’t a pump and stock . Buy us now we all make you a load of money in the short term. They are though a good long term investment. And they could sky rocket in this next couple of years or (get a major) buy out merger due to their involvement with some critical technology.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Staying at home
Well, I have faith in AMC. There are certain movies that you just don't want to watch the first time at home and also they can position themselves as an entertainment company and everyone is going to go crazy buying entertainment services once we get past the worst of the *********.

As for Game Stock, now that the Chewy guy is involved, I think they will be fine. Chew.com is one of the best online pet stores out there and he built that company up enough that PetSmart bought them. I think he can do the same for Game Stop.

becca

Well, I have faith in AMC. There are certain movies that you just don't want to watch the first time at home and also they can position themselves as an entertainment company and everyone is going to go crazy buying entertainment services once we get past the worst of the *********.

As for Game Stock, now that the Chewy guy is involved, I think they will be fine. Chew.com is one of the best online pet stores out there and he built that company up enough that PetSmart bought them. I think he can do the same for Game Stop.
I think they will have movies to but I think I bought their stock for way to much.
Gamestock I think will be fine too but not sure their stock will be worth over $300 for a long time if ever. If I had bought Amc for $4 or 6 I wouldn’t be so upset. It is hard to know though especially when stocks of coins are on a run.
I have done some research on crypto currency and I got to say the future looks amazing especially with Bitcoin and Erth. Will be hilarious though if dogecoin becomes coin of future mainly because the wealthy or hording Bitcoin

MacMadame

Staying at home
Two articles about the aftermath and what it means for our system:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information