Who did the first 4T-1Lo-3S combination?

seabm7

I heard Hanyu did the first 4T-1Lo-3S in the second half of a free program. Then who did the combination in the first half for the first time?

bardtoob

Dick Button called 1Lo of Yagudin "a step-out" :lol:

Uncle Dick called it "a step-out" because he was doing live commentary and two jumps connected by a half loop were uncommon for about a quarter of century because some on the ISU technical committee thought that all three jump combinations should be actively discourage.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Uncle Dick called it "a step-out" because he was doing live commentary and two jumps connected by a half loop were uncommon for about a quarter of century because some on the ISU technical committee thought that all three jump combinations should be actively discourage.

Yep. And to be honest, aside from skaters like Bonaly, Lipinski and Butyrskaya in her latter years, many times when we did see 'half loops', it was some cover-up for a mistake on the first jump.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
5.8s and 5.9s for tech and presentation????

He got one 5.9 for technical merit. And he only had one mistake, still completing a 4T+3T and 4T+.5Lo+3S. Some of the landings were dodgy, sure, but I believe at that time that the judges were to consider a 0.1 addition to the technical merit mark for a clean quad. I don't see any problem with the marks.

Marco

Like Slutskaya's 3 jump combos at 2001 Worlds. Those were not pleasant to see.

Marco

Were they that rare? Someone upthread already mentioned Lipinski, Butyrskaya and Bonaly landing the 3toe - 3sal when they were elite seniors in the 1990s or early 2000s. Ito did 2axel - 3sals all through the 80s.

Subsequent to 2001, there's also Cohen and Rochette in the elite division doing the toe - sal.

In the mens, Plushenko was doing - 3flip combos in the early 2000s too but I believe only nailed the axel - flip finally at 2002 SLC Olympics. I don't remember if Filipowski was doing -3sals or not when he won Worlds.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Like Slutskaya's 3 jump combos at 2001 Worlds. Those were not pleasant to see.
It may not have looked pleasant, but Irina was the first skater to successfully complete it in a competition.

Marco

It may not have looked pleasant, but Irina was the first skater to successfully complete it in a competition.

Which one? The 3sal3loop(1/2 turn cheated)2toe? or the 3lutz3loop(cheated and stepped out)2toe?

Her attempts in 2005 were much cleaner.

bardtoob

Which one? The 3sal3loop(1/2 turn cheated)2toe? or the 3lutz3loop(cheated and stepped out)2toe?

My 6.0 eyes never saw them as successful, but I think it was worth trying.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World

All I know is that she was the first to successfully complete the Triple Salchow/Triple Loop/Double Toe Loop at the 2001 World Figure Skating Championships. Not only is it listed with the link I gave in my earlier post, it's also listed on Irina's Wikipedia page. Irina Sluskaya. Just scroll down to where it lists Records & Achievements.

She was also the first skater to land the Triple Lutz/Triple Loop combination at the 2000 Grand Prix Final.
She was also the first Russian skater to win a Silver Medal at the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information