WHAT HAS THE RETURN TO PUBLIC SKATE AT YOUR RINK BEEN LIKE?

FSWer

Ok, I can't really tell much about my Rink yet, as I haven't returned myself yet. So all I can really say is that it looks like my rink is mostly having Public Skate at 7:30 at night, and I haven't heard anything about were your supposed to wear a mask (as far as on or off ice goes). So I'll let you all know if I hear anything. But what I want to know from you all is what has the return to Public Skate at YOUR Rink been like?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The recreation centre I go to is having staff shortages because of COVID. There's not as many public skating sessions as there were before, and some of the sessions are open to anyone but they're for specific kinds of skaters, e.g. puck-and-stick sessions for hockey players. There's no requirements for masks or social distancing or anything like that, but I'm wearing a mask when I go there because it's a public place with lots of people.

livetoskate

I haven't been back much lately but was sort of surprised that there were so many people skating on public sessions again. Not as much as pre-covid but fairly close to it. Less than half wore masks. If I'm able to get on a public session this week, I'll continue to wear a mask. The local rinks have also been making people register online & prepay for sessions, which is kind of a drag & might discourage casual skaters from popping in at the rink. I don't think they take cash/payments from those who want to drop by & skate.

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain
Several of the rinks near me still haven't brought the public sessions back. Only one has, that I know of. The price is much higher than it was before Covid - it's the same price now as a freestyle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information