What else can I call this forum?

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
That’s a new one on me.

Instead of a word, how about. X

well I learned that from my mother, I have a feeling it was a WWI thing that she learned from her father who served in the war but I've always hated that word because of that.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico, via Russia - to the World!
it’s unclear now that all the original terms were changed but the order of events was

1) sharpie was losing ad revenue because we were talking about Beer Burden *****. The advertisers apparently didn’t want to be associated with that

2) she substituted - through code, it happens automatically - beer burden whenever someone types the technical terms to help bring back her ad revenue

she is based in England so they are going with the English defaults.

Thanks to you & others for the explanation. Got it. 👍

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I think it works better. It's clearer to people not paying attention so hopefully, you'll get fewer questions.

Prancer

Professional Spuddler
Staff member
I think it's probably both--advertisers are cutting back and being more particular about advertising direction.

Jenny

From the Bloc
The company I work for has pulled all planned digital campaigns indefinitely - it doesn't seem appropriate to promote anything right now, what would that even look like if we did, and we're going to need the funds down the road to bring back the business.

I have to think that anyone who is still advertising right now (and they certainly are) just hasn't got around to dealing with it yet, or is just letting whatever they already had booked ride out.

hanca

Values her privacy
What about calling it TITSNBN (the illness that should not be named)

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
Wow that was straightforward and quick! Didn’t even have to give an email address.

Anyway :inavoid: here is my super accurate reading!

PAST: THE HERMIT
The card shows you that it is time for you to take a step back and focus on your inner-self. Finding the Hermit in yourself allows you to examine your situation and reflect on your decisions. This is also a good time to retreat from the current demands of your position. Your retreat can be either physical or emotional, however only true and honest self-examination will lead to solutions.
PRESENT: WHEEL OF FORTUNE
The Wheel of Fortune means that there is change coming into your life. The wheel represents the cycles of life. The upcoming change will most likely be positive because you are favored by fortune, however as luck may have it, it may also be beyond your control. Care for the things that are under your control and learn to let go of the things that are not.
FUTURE: JUDGMENT
Drawing this card might mean that you or someone close to you is being judged by others, possibly too harshly. If you draw this for your lover, that indicates you are judging each other. In career related questions, this card might indicate an evaluation or assessment. This card is a sign that a big decision is coming up, so take your time and address the question in a well thought out way!

michalle

Is it better for you if we get premium access or if we don't have premium access and see the ads?

kedrin

I have the same question, @SHARPIE as @Michalle. I actually do have a premium access account, but I could extend it early if that would help.
Likewise. The BB info here has been great. That, and the Russian Skating thread....

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Maybe a GoFundMe so those of us with Lifetime Memberships could also contribute?

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
Aw thanks guys for the suggestions. I’ll just have to see how things pan out. I’d rather people stay as premium members though!

I may, for the first time in my life be entitled to some help from the Government at the end of June so we shall see. My big worry is, that if we don’t have any skating planned by July then the shit will really hit the fan.

I also have mentioned elsewhere that I’m unable to work outside the house at the moment which just adds to the problem. My supermarket job doesn’t allow me to shield and the mystery shopping industry died a sudden death a month ago. :(

antmanb

@SHARPIE I have no idea how it all works, I have a premium membership but does it help if we log out and then click on a few adverts a few times a day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information