What else can I call this forum?

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Okay I have been not paying attention to much over the last day. What is Beer Burden that people are talking about here?

caseyedwards

There are loopholes! I just noticed ****** or even just *****.

Last edited by a moderator:

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
Some people on line around town here are calling it “the crud”. Our neighborhood online blog has a section called the ”Crud Chronicles“ where people can post all things relating to the crud.

MsZem

Would it be possible to just use an 0 or * in place of the letter o? It feels kind of in poor taste to have posts about people sick and dying of "beer burden".

SHARPIE

Administrator
Staff member
Would it be possible to just use an 0 or * in place of the letter o? It feels kind of in poor taste to have posts about people sick and dying of "beer burden".

Whatever. This is not a forum to mourn the dead or dying of it is it?

millyskate

I actually find all the expressions oppressive at this stage and value being able to talk about everything without seeing the words everywhere.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I do wonder if we should come up with another substitute term.

This is how fast things are moving that something light like beer burden seemed fine two days ago but now maybe its too jarring for people.

maybe just use the word burden?

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
There's a joke floating around on social media that some new Aussie slang might be invented...perhaps...the 'rona?

Frau Muller

Sailing the Seven Ultra-Cs!
Actually, I speed read that email initially and yes it is. What can we call it?

👎🙅🏻‍♂️Firstly, we have found that using words like 'Beer Burden' and 'Beer Burden-19' in articles has had a negative effect on advertising spend. This is probably due to advertisers not wanting brands to be associated with the negativity surrounding the *****. As such, we would advise against using these words.”

Oh, ridiculous. In Latin America, all of the pre-shows before the all-important Miss Universe pageant are “Camino a la *********” (road to the crown). So anything with the word “crown” will be banned? And now the above will turn into “Camino a la Beer Burden...” which should be CERVEZA (Beer)?

snoopy

Oh, ridiculous. In Latin America, all of the pre-shows before the all-important Miss Universe pageant are “Camino a la Beer Burden” (road to the crown). So anything with the word “crown” will be banned? And now the above will turn into “Camino a la Beer Burden...” which should be CERVEZA (Beer)?

it’s unclear now that all the original terms were changed but the order of events was

1) sharpie was losing ad revenue because we were talking about ********* *****. The advertisers apparently didn’t want to be associated with that

2) she substituted - through code, it happens automatically - beer burden whenever someone types the technical terms to help bring back her ad revenue

she is based in England so they are going with the English defaults.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Complaints should be addressed to the advertisers who don't want their ads associated with the name of that which is causing the world's great problems today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information