What are your plans for “after?”

Japanfan

I'm looking forward to going to a restaurant also. There are four of us who go out for each other's birthday, treating the person whose birthday it is. We've missed all four birthdays this past year. Next birthday is in May, so I hope we will all be vaccinated by then. Our vaccination roll-out is slower than that in the US.

ribbon

I had to cancel my Italy/Croatia trip. So, I hope to be able to rebook that, although I usually plan my trips a few years ahead and this year 2021 was supposed to be Paris with my niece and 2022 was supposed to be Scandinavia with my nephew, and 2023 was going to be New Zealand with my best friend, so my solo trip may have to wait much, much longer than I wanted, especially if I have to push everything back another year.

In any case, travel is what I’ve missed. November 2019 was a solo trip to Brazil, and I’m so grateful I did it late in the year because it made 2020 much more bearable.

flyingsit

I saw friends last night, indoors. Several of us are fully vaccinated, one is almost ready for her second shot, and two aren’t vaccinated at all yet but we’re comfortable being around the rest of us (and they are both getting their first shot this weekend). It was AMAZING.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
But New Zealand in Jan-March sounds nice, no?
Yes, yes, yes! Christchurch NZ close in latitide to Seattle, and Jan-March is like June-Aug here.

I traveled there at the end of Feb-mid-March twice, and the weather was great. Both the North and South Islands are fantastic. One of the people on my bicycle trip was taking a train the length of the country between islands after our trip. A loop in the South Island from Christchurch west to the coast and around is like visiting 10 different types of landscape.

Spikefan

Hair, pedicure and massage all scheduled for two weeks from now. Anniversary weekend trip planned in May. We still aren’t ready to fly so are just going to Oklahoma City. We needed somewhere we could drive to in under five hours and where we haven’t been before (and still has a mask mandate). An Omni just opened there so we will enjoy some opulence, eat at some interesting places, and see the OKC Memorial. It will be so weird but exhilarating to actually travel again (but everything can be canceled if need be).

Last edited:

Erin

Hair, pedicure and massage all scheduled for two weeks from now. Anniversary weekend trip planned in May. We still aren’t ready to fly so are just going to Oklahoma City. We needed somewhere we could drive to in under five hours and where we haven’t been before (and still has a mask mandate). An Omni just opened there so we will enjoy some opulence, eat at some interesting places, and see the OKC Memorial. It will be so weird but exhilarating to actually travel again (but everything can be canceled if need be).

I liked OKC when I was there a few years ago. The Memorial is really moving and well worth visiting. Enjoy your trip.

Yehudi

I speak the bull****
I booked a trip to Puerto Rico in May after the efficacy kicks in. Unfortunately, in NYS, you still have to quarantine if you travel internationally so I’m sticking to US and territories

attyfan

My husband and I are planning on a trip to Yosemite last week in April ... we are getting our second Moderna shots next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information