What are your plans for “after?”

annie720

Tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of my last haircut, so that will be #1. Maybe go out to a bar afterwards and actually talk to people face to face.

These are only the very first things. My family members are all very far away so anything to do with them will have to wait. Maybe plan a vacation and purchase theater tickets.

Last edited:

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
I'll be going to see my stepsister and family in Logansport, and give them all hugs. I'm also bringing fresh yellow roses to put on my stepmom's headstone at the cemetery. My stepsister will be with me, and I'll be able to tell my stepmom that I'll see her in Heaven. I think this has been the hardest of all because I wasn't able to be there. I miss her so much! :cry:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Why would there not be an after?
I guess....and I am in CA where they just put the North Bay on lockdown until further notice....it feels like forever and never ending.
Houses in foreclosure, small businesses closing permanently. With people in able to work how will people have money to feed and clothe their children?

I am lucky. I own my own business and have been able to pay my employees.
So people may be ********* free...but the effects will last for generations.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
So that will be after.

I don't know that anyone thinks after is going to be the same as before.
If you find out when after is would you please let us know? I don't want to miss it. The thing I miss most is hugging my grandkids.
I don't know if I mentioned this before. My
Daughter runs a. Business for moms... mommy and me, post partum, sleep training, etc. The grandparents cannot see their new baby grandchildren. That is sad. And something you can't do later.

And I am sure there are lots of things like that to say nothing of the people who lost loved ones.

Immortelle

A shopping, theatre and restaurant weekend, staying in a 5 star hotel in Melbourne. And a trip to New Zealand!
That’s for starters, then hugging my aunties in the UK, doing the Camino in Spain; Switzerland to hug my cousin, then Vienna, Budapest and onto St Petersburg and Moscow...and then home via Tokyo and Kyoto 😊

I think I’m gonna have to save up A LOT of annual leave 😂

million$momma

I guess....and I am in CA where they just put the North Bay on lockdown until further notice....it feels like forever and never ending.
Houses in foreclosure, small businesses closing permanently. With people in able to work how will people have money to feed and clothe their children?

I am lucky. I own my own business and have been able to pay my employees.
So people may be ********* free...but the effects will last for generations.
After does seem very far away. We are in strict lockdown and my group is scheduled for vaccine July-Sept.

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
I guess I've been safe because it really wasn't much of a change for me. There were already places I could no longer go, friends I could no longer visit because they only have flights of steps or stairs to go up for me to enter into their homes. You can't do that with a walker. Most of my best friends live in towns that are close to Shreveport or they live in Shreveport which is too far for me to drive because it's about a 40 minute drive or more. My doctor restricted me from driving that far because of the chance I might have a leg spasm. I can drive for about 15 minutes which is just enough time to get to where my family lives in Logansport. Anything longer than that time is when I could easily get a leg spasm, and more than likely, I might have a wreck because my spasms are really severe sometimes. I had to agree with my doctor about driving long distances before he would give me the authorization I needed before the DMV would allow me to have a drivers license. Since I only drive mainly to the grocery store or somewhere in town like a drive thru, my doctor gave me the authorization papers I needed which also allowed me to have a handicap placard.

I've always been at home mostly with my disability, and most of my friends came to visit me. Of course with this Beer Burden, they haven't been able to visit. Since the Beer Burden, I only go to the grocery store maybe every other month. If there's anything else I need, I usually order online, etc. Since I'm already use to being at home alone (since 2012), I've been pretty safe. So it was never hard for me to get used to staying at home when this Beer Burden mess started. That is until my stepmom passed away, and I couldn't go to the funeral.

I'll have to wait for the vaccination since I'm 62, and I only have HBP. My BP meds keep it very well in control, and I have no chronic illness. I guess that will be around Spring maybe when I can get the vaccination. Until then, I'll remain home. And as far as I know, I haven't had any symptoms of the Beer Burden. Heck, I may be the only one on this planet that hasn't been exposed yet. Who knows! LOL!

Lilia A

When it's all over, I would like to hug my family (well, not everyone, only the ones I like hugging lol), visit Iceland, maybe a winter trip to northern Canada (as cold and pricey as that may be), and honestly to just go to a store and relax. I agree that I won't take things for granted. Also, I won't be too disappointed when things don't go as planned. It's not the end of the world if a trip or event gets cancelled.
I know I'll be among the last to get vaccinated, and I'm okay with that, I can wait so those who really need it can get it first. So, I know it will take a while.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
Travel is a big one. There are several trips I want to take. The big one is Switzerland. When my grandmother was still living, we would watch Rick Steves’ Europe episodes. During one on Switzerland, she made me promise I’d go someday. My best friend and her spouse also want to go, so I am very much looking forward to that.

I also plan to make good on a wish I made 20 years ago on my dream place to live location-wise. I hope to buy a house in a year and a half to two years.

I’ve spent some time thinking about bucket list items I want to do in life and how to make those happen even if it doesn’t look like I imagined they would when I was younger.

millyskate

See family. Spend a week in France with my parents and spend time with my nephew and niece. And book another holiday.
And go to London to see my friends.

It all seems really far off from here (the UK). I'm not really anticipating any move out of lockdown style measures for another year.

manhn

My parents and I had American Airlines tickets to Prague/Budapest/Vienna, which was cancelled due to YKW. The travel credit was going to expire the end of this year. I doubt a Euro trip is in the cards this year. And the tickets are expensive, so a simple AA trip to some random American city would be a money loser (I could not use any remaining funds for a second trip). But they extended to end of March 2022!

Those extra 3 months will be helpful. Europe in the winter sounds not fun, and AA does not have many routes to Asia. But New Zealand in Jan-March sounds nice, no? I hear weather in Austalia during that time is dreadful, just based on me watching the Australian Open.

attyfan

Originally, my husband and I had reservations for a Danube Rhine river cruise in October (when I turn 65 and he turns 75). We just moved the reservations to October of 2023.

once_upon

On March 27th - the 2 week date post 2nd dose - we are planning to go out to eat with our fully vaccinated friends. At our favorite restaurant around 3, when not so many people would be out (they don't open until 3 pm).

We researched an American Queen Riverboat Cruise in July or August. All cruisers and crew must present proof of vaccination (CDC or other approved document) prior to boarding and have negative C-19 test. Even if our friends don't want to go, I'd say we are 99% sure we will go.

flyingsit

We have plans to visit my family Memorial Day weekend and my husband’s family later in June.

All of the adults will be fully vaccinated by the end of April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information