What about those Senate and House races

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C

Please do!
For once, republicans are talking sense. Now get rid of McConnell, Graham, Collins, Ernst......Oops! We have to wait until their re-election. Too bad. There are others though.

Last edited:

Fiero425

I know it's very hard to get numbers up for a non-presidential/less significant elections. We've been hammered here many times because an anti-tax group managed to pass a law saying that tax-related measures can't be passed to raise taxes if less than blank (50%?) of the populace votes in the related election. So lots of attempts to raise money for schools have had majority support on the ballot and failed because not enough people vote in off-year elections. Most people hoping to pass bond measures have gotten wise to this fact and planned accordingly about which elections to fight their financial fights in, but it still hurts schools & communities in their ability to respond to needs within the community.

All so the owner of Shiloh Inns & his cronies could keep property taxes from going up on their hotels/businesses:p.

Unfortunately Trump and his support base have shown "they're not very bright!" Kansas has been used as a Petrie dish to experiment on "the cause" on "the right!" They have lowered taxes to the bone, cut welfare to the bare minimum, enacted draconian legislation to limit abortion, and have had rabid support no matter the hardship over the years! I started hearing how towns were dying! With no $$, they had to start closing down hospitals and schools! Without schools, parents have no other choice but to move! This has been going on for years and smarter people didn't see the consequences of these measure! I'm glad the Chiefs are on the other side of that narrow border! :rolleyes:

caseyedwards

Fact is republicans biggest problem in Georgia is cornyn graham and grassley all saying they want a republican majority so they can pass bidens pathway to citizenship bill. They have eliminated many republicans idea that a republican senate would be a check on Biden. There is no indication it would be. Republicans number one priority is what is called amnesty by many republicans. Now I absolutely no longer believe republicans have any shot in these runoffs.

Last edited:

caseyedwards

I was wondering what Mcconnell was doing to fix the damage of so many republican senators vowing to pass bidens plans to legalize all the undocumented immigrants in America! It turns out he is running ads on Fox with loeffler and Perdue saying they will never vote to give voting rights to non citizens -possibly undocumented immigrants- like what was passed in Boston and San Francisco or amnesty. So Mcconnell knows the real problem is not liberal trolls on Parler saying no trump voters will vote for Georgia republicans because they certified Biden- but that many will not vote for them because many republicans top priority is making all undocumented people citizens

Last edited:

MsZem

They are still leading in the 538 polls.
FiveThirtyEight does not conduct polls. If you mean that the poll tracker there has them ahead, note that there's not much polling, nothing from the past week, and much of what is there isn't from highly ranked pollsters. And even that is painting a mixed picture.

Susan1

Trump also said he planned to campaign in Georgia for two Republicans in Senate runoffs set for January. The races are key to the party keeping the majority. Trump said he may go as soon as Saturday, though a White House spokesman later said he meant next Saturday.
From https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...83351c-303b-11eb-96c2-aac3f162215d_story.html
Yeah, next Saturday. I wonder where he will be playing golf.

Someone should tell the people in Georgia that if they want a stimulus package in their lifetime, they need to vote the Democrat senators in.

Fiero425

Yeah, next Saturday. I wonder where he will be playing golf.

Someone should tell the people in Georgia that if they want a stimulus package in their lifetime, they need to vote the Democrat senators in.

Chil', you're trying to talk rationally to people who are by definition "irrational!" It wasn't that long ago, really just 2 years ago Alabama was ready to elect Judge Moore their senator! Even with all the news about his predilection of picking up young girls in his 30's & 40's, banned from a mall, he only lost by a point and a half! The Dem. was one of them, but that "D" behind his name made him unacceptable to those Neanderthals! The red state SOUTH is a fk'n mess where if the conservative intelligentsia tells them something, they believe it without question! It is understood "in their minds" that Pelosi is dangerous, AOC will be running $#!t on the "QT," and the assembly line of abortions will start if they don't get out there and vote Republican for those 2 senate candidates! They're both involved in stock manipulation, selling quite a bit before CV-19 went "viral;" (no pun intended)! Even with all that was going against Trump, with "blood on his hands," his base will support him to the end! He actually had more votes to save his wrinkled old arse than the last time! I'm personally appalled and will have to be leery of my closest friends now because these people hide in plain sight! They really have little shame and will argue with you in public over some sick act of our gov't perpetrated in Trump's name! I still can't believe my college roommate is one of them! After 40+ years of friendship I find he's a Trump-ster and proud of it! We haven't spoken civilly since! That's on me because I won't tolerate that kind of mindset in my circle! Whole families have probably been torn asunder! :blah:

MsZem

ballettmaus

Gavin Newsom is miserable about picking a replacement for Harris:

From the article:
For the moment, Mr. Padilla downplayed the urgency of Mr. Newsom’s decision.

“He’s a deliberate person with tons on his plate,” said Mr. Padilla. “There are wildfires. There’s *********. He has a budget due in January. This is just one more significant item.”

Uh, yes, that's why he lives in the fancy mansion and gets called Governor. If - and I know it's a big if but still, if Democrats managed to win both seats in Georgia then they would need Harris' replacement to pass things like YKW relief and other legislation which the state of California would also benefit from and I'm sure Mr Padilla knows that. So I'm not quite sure why he'd downplay it - or maybe I am, as I'm assuming that as a potential contender, he doesn't want to come across as eager. I don't think the above is preferrable, though.

MacMadame

Staying at home
If - and I know it's a big if but still, if Democrats managed to win both seats in Georgia then they would need Harris' replacement to pass things like YKW relief and other legislation which the state of California would also benefit from
Oh, good grief. Harris has that seat until Jan 20th. That's 50 days from now, over a month and a half. Newsom has until then to pick a replacement. He's not going to let the seat go vacant.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Gavin Newsom is miserable about picking a replacement for Harris:

Newsom has to wait for Biden to pick any cabinet positions. For example, he might want to pick Karen Bass, but he has to be sure Biden doesn' t scoop her up first.

Last edited:

ballettmaus

Oh, good grief. Harris has that seat until Jan 20th. That's 50 days from now, over a month and a half. Newsom has until then to pick a replacement. He's not going to let the seat go vacant.
And the article left me with the impression that Mr Padilla thinks, if Newsom has a replacement until then fine and if not, fine as well because there are more pressing matters to attend to.

MacMadame

Staying at home
That article makes me think the author gets paid by the word.

There is nothing in there that suggests Newsom isn't going to pick someone before the deadline. Padilla's comments are along the lines of "Newsom doesn't need to do it right this second." And he doesn't.

KCC

I'm sending another batch of 250 postcards to registered voters in GA encouraging them to vote early and telling them how to find voting locations. I get that it takes repeated communications to get some people to act, but I'm pretty sure most of those postcards will get lost in all of the other holiday season junk mail. Not sure it was money & time well spent, but I tried.

caseyedwards

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger: "Anyone telling you to boycott an election is not on your side."
From https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1333523950928793606?s=20
From the comment section, it seems like the GOP voters might participate less? Hopefully then...
No doubt both democrats are going to win with over 60% of the vote now and the races are not going to be close. What Kemp and raffensberger have done with their full embrace of universal mail in and drop off boxes combined with trumps defeat is ruin any chance trump voters will vote in the runoffs! If trump wasn’t defeated in Georgia as a result of their policies they may have voted but now they will not. They also are saying they won’t change anything. So now even if the white republican women of Georgia who hated trump both vote for Perdue and loeffler it won’t be enough to save them.

ErikWilliam

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger: "Anyone telling you to boycott an election is not on your side."
From https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1333523950928793606?s=20
From the comment section, it seems like the GOP voters might participate less? Hopefully then...
Pretty please!! Democrats should invest in billboards statewide saying Support Trump by Boycott! Or Write In His Name on the Ballot!!

I was just reading that Biden says he wants to forgive student loans. Which is great because I also read an article that something like 13 or 23K new age eligible voters can now vote in this run off that couldn't vote in November. Call me cynical... LOL. Hey, it's what Trump would do... haha

skatingguy

Golden Team
Pretty please!! Democrats should invest in billboards statewide saying Support Trump by Boycott! Or Write In His Name on the Ballot!!

I was just reading that Biden says he wants to forgive student loans. Which is great because I also read an article that something like 13 or 23K new age eligible voters can now vote in this run off that couldn't vote in November. Call me cynical... LOL. Hey, it's what Trump would do... haha
But this is very un-Democrat, because they, like most liberals, believe that everyone should vote. In addition this is playing a very dangerous game that could encourage violence, like the planned kidnapping of the Governor of Michigan, and liberals, and other centrists never do well in thse situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information