What about those Senate and House races

MsZem

As of today there are still four unresolved House races: two in California, both of which are districts Democrats flipped in 2018 and now look likely to flip back; Iowa-02, which is headed for a recount and currently has a Republican ahead by around 50 votes; and NY-22, in which nobody seems to know what exactly the vote count is, or what's left to count, but the margin is very very tight, also with a Republican ahead.

FiveThirtyEight is keeping track, of course:

Meoima

As of today there are still four unresolved House races: two in California, both of which are districts Democrats flipped in 2018 and now look likely to flip back; Iowa-02, which is headed for a recount and currently has a Republican ahead by around 50 votes; and NY-22, in which nobody seems to know what exactly the vote count is, or what's left to count, but the margin is very very tight, also with a Republican ahead.

FiveThirtyEight is keeping track, of course:
Will the Dem keep the control of the House if all these 4 races flip for Rep? I remember they say the Dem still has the majority, just not much.

MsZem

Will the Dem keep the control of the House if all these 4 races flip for Rep? I remember they say the Dem still has the majority, just not much.

Yes they will.
Yes, Democrats already have 222 seats and 218 is enough for a majority. But it's not going to be as big a majority as they had in the outgoing Congress, and it's possible that it will be gone after the midterms - making the Georgia runoffs all the more important.

caseyedwards

Is probably going to be 222 to 213 which seems narrow and difficult but democrats had no divisions in the last (or current) congress. They were unanimous on everything. Sometimes a blue dog or New Democrat can have a higher liberal rating than a member of the progressive caucus according to national journal percentages. So in 2022 with redistricting possibly making some democrats nervous may there be problems!

caseyedwards

There are plans to restrain Biden? That’s new. trump supporters may boycott Georgia race to punish republicans like Toomey who want to help Biden pass gun control and graham who wants to help Biden pass pathway to citizenship for all undocumented. But if they do that they get those things anyway. Any way you look at it Biden is getting gun control and pathway to citizenship for all undocumented

Fiero425

They'll hold the majority, but it's tenuous with Republicans always trying to fan the flames of dissention and of course sow the seeds of doubt that Pelosi can hold it together! These fools haven't learned that old lady has these guys by the throat! She brings in the money like no other Democrat in the HOUSE! AOC can get on her soapbox and Fox News can feature her more on their pathetic network as some kind of bomb thrower to try toppling the Speaker! Idiots!

The country's so split and been so divided for the duration of it's existence! In my lifetime, the only difference is if Dems have a bad candidate we don't mind voting for the other guy! Republicans have had legitimate landslides winning 40-49 states! Dems have never gotten that respect even with the best of candidates! Republicans have successfully demonized all Democrats to be "Gawd-less, liberal baby killers" who don't deserve a chance with the likes of AOC and Bernie Sanders being their standard bearer! As a "senior," I guess I'll go that extreme route with them and think all Republicans are psychopathic, hypocritical, power-grabbing narcissistic a-holes who really don't GAF about their country over making money for themselves personally like Donald Trump, Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell, & Mike Pence!

I should try and taint them like they do to people they should have more regard for who tried to do a good job for the country like Obama, The Clintons, and Pelosi! Demonizing them into their graves will inevitably drag us all down; heaven knows the contempt I have for ALL Republicans! Allowing a creature like Trump anywhere near the presidency was the last straw for me! There's just no way to explain or reason with me over such a choice! We've only just begun with this guy! He isn't gone yet! We were warned years ago that he wouldn't leave quietly; probably will have to drag his arse out of the OVAL Office! What a pathetic and shameful group Republicans have turned themselves into; mon Dieu! :rolleyes:

Susan1

Kelly Loeffler has YKW.
"U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler is quarantining after receiving mixed results from recent ******** tests, a day after she campaigned with Vice President Mike Pence..........."

"Two staff members for Loeffler tested positive for *********-19 last month. "

Maybe Pence should be contact traced as a carrier.

alexikeguchi

Dobre

To me the likelihood that Republicans will boycott or fail to vote in the Senate races in Georgia is no more likely that the "down ballot" theory was during the main election. If the Democratic challengers in Georgia are going to win with local voters, they need Democratic voters to show up and they need an informed electorate motivated for change.

ilovepaydays

To me the likelihood that Republicans will boycott or fail to vote in the Senate races in Georgia is no more likely that the "down ballot" theory was during the main election. If the Democratic challengers in Georgia are going to win with local voters, they need Democratic voters to show up and they need an informed electorate motivated for change.
But I still think enough could stay home to affect things. It’s a big reason why Doug Jones won that special election for the U.S. Senate in 2017. And Alabama (R+14) is a much more GOP state than Georgia (R+5) is.

Fiero425

History tells us it's a pipe dream this goes any other way but a clean sweep for the Republicans! I've been listening to Dems for years, ripping me off for campaign funds, telling me we're going to get rid of McConnell and Texas is going BLUE! It's always BS! This GA thing is quite shocking, but it seems all due credit has to go to Stacey Adams who was victimized by the system in her run for GOV. 2 years ago! Her supporters didn't forget and somehow the "mail-in" campaign more than compensated for any shenanigans that could be pulled by the STATE! It worked like a charm with GA, MI, WISC, and PA giving same day leads to Trump, but those ballots came rolling in and overtook him quite easily! A few states lagged behind like AZ, but Trump's campaign of undermining the Postal Service and making up conspiracy theories didn't work and it's blown up in their faces! I'm sure they'll find even more ways to embarrass themselves and the country! :rolleyes:

canbelto

This is unbelievable but Trump's campaign is now asserting that Doug Collins won the runoff instead of Kelly Loeffler because Collins has been leading the charge to overturn GA's election results and Loeffler is viewed as close to Kemp who is in the doghouse.

MsZem

NY-22, in which nobody seems to know what exactly the vote count is, or what's left to count, but the margin is very very tight, also with a Republican ahead.
Apparently things in NY-22 are even worse than that. Various Boards of Election didn't follow NY law, and they're not sure if some of the disputed absentee ballots were counted or not.

Iowa-02 is ridiculously close as the recount continues.

Susan1

MsZem

This is a very fun fundraiser for the runoffs (remember that Stacey Abrams is a romance novelist!).
Romancing the Runoff, the fundraiser I mentioned in the above post, has been bringing in $$$ for the Georgia runoffs!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
I am sure there is some fatigue on both sides, but republicans are like sheep. They will follow orders to vote. Democrats in GA need to find all the reserve energy and vote in large numbers like they did in the general elections.

Fiero425

I am sure there is some fatigue on both sides, but republicans are like sheep. They will follow orders to vote. Democrats in GA need to find all the reserve energy and vote in large numbers like they did in the general elections.

Run-offs never have the Democratic staying power that Republicans have to sustain their numbers! The "right" have something on their side that has only gotten worse over the years; "they're the grievance party!" Everything is so negative; even what they do if their numbers don't toe the line! Nothing's more entertaining on FNC than seeing them rationalize or project depending on the need at the time! It's more than a little infuriating to remember how "anything" Clinton and Obama did was "unprecedented" and against the norms! Now with Trump, there are no limits and he has every right to do just about anything; including pardoning his co-conspirators while he has a chance! Flynn has the notoriety of being fired by 2 presidents, prosecuted for lying to the FBI, admits his guilt, and now Republicans have no problem with Trump pardoning him! All concerned are getting kudos as we post! WHY should we be shocked? :rolleyes:

Dobre

I know it's very hard to get numbers up for a non-presidential/less significant elections. We've been hammered here many times because an anti-tax group managed to pass a law saying that tax-related measures can't be passed to raise taxes if less than blank (50%?) of the populace votes in the related election. So lots of attempts to raise money for schools have had majority support on the ballot and failed because not enough people vote in off-year elections. Most people hoping to pass bond measures have gotten wise to this fact and planned accordingly about which elections to fight their financial fights in, but it still hurts schools & communities in their ability to respond to needs within the community.

All so the owner of Shiloh Inns & his cronies could keep property taxes from going up on their hotels/businesses:p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information