What about those Senate and House races

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikWilliam

No doubt both democrats are going to win with over 60% of the vote now and the races are not going to be close. What Kemp and raffensberger have done with their full embrace of universal mail in and drop off boxes combined with trumps defeat is ruin any chance trump voters will vote in the runoffs! If trump wasn’t defeated in Georgia as a result of their policies they may have voted but now they will not. They also are saying they won’t change anything. So now even if the white republican women of Georgia who hated trump both vote for Perdue and loeffler it won’t be enough to save them.
Works for me.

FiveRinger

I'm sending another batch of 250 postcards to registered voters in GA encouraging them to vote early and telling them how to find voting locations. I get that it takes repeated communications to get some people to act, but I'm pretty sure most of those postcards will get lost in all of the other holiday season junk mail. Not sure it was money & time well spent, but I tried.
I would love to do this. Are you in GA? Can you tell me how you did this?

KCC

I'm sending the postcards on behalf of the NAACP, and a friend of mine is a member and a regional organizer. She gets me the lists of names and addresses and the script. You do pay for the postcard stock (I get from Amazon) and the stamps. My printer didn't like the thicker cardstock, so I had the UPS store print the text side for me on my paper for about $10 and I address them by hand. If you are still interested, I can ask my friend for more names and get that info to you. Just PM me if you (or anyone else) wants to send postcards. To answer your question, no, I'm not in GA (I'm in Idaho).

Dobre

Newsom is dealing with 15,000+ new-case days in California and possibly having to shut down more businesses in more counties. I think the man is, in fact, very busy earning his salary at the moment; and I very much doubt his constituents would prefer he focus on one appointment. There are plenty of Democrats in California. I'm sure he will be able to name one.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Newsom is dealing with 15,000+ new-case days in California and possibly having to shut down more businesses in more counties. I think the man is, in fact, very busy earning his salary at the moment; and I very much doubt his constituents would prefer he focus on one appointment. There are plenty of Democrats in California. I'm sure he will be able to name one.
Yes, at the Monday press briefing, Dr. Ghaly mentioned that this week is critical and it's all hands on deck.

I think that Newsom does want to wait until he's sure his pick won't get scooped up by the Biden-Harris administration as noted above but also is very busy with C0vid. I expect he'll wait until after the New Year to figure it out. There's no measurable benefit to doing it now anyway.

caseyedwards

Here's Lin Wood telling Georgia Republicans NOT to vote for Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue next month. "They have not earned your vote. Don't you give it to them. Why would you go back and vote in another rigged election for god's sake! Fix it! You gotta fix it!" https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1334227769115484161?s=20
Of course! If they don’t say the election was rigged they have to admit rich white republican women of the Atlanta suburbs hated Trump. But what’s bad about saying that? It’s the truth. The rich white republican women of suburban Atlanta hate Trump so much! They just hate him! Do you know minority share of Georgia electorate went down because of the wave of rich white republican women voting against trump? Lol!! Kemp knows this! That’s why he chose rich white republican woman and 2016 nevertrumper kelly loeffler senator and not Trump ally collins! Very interesting

Meoima

The NRSC, Senate Republicans’ campaign arm, had $36.8 million in the bank, as of Oct. 23, to help fund its defense of the two incumbents. It also reported raising over $75.5 million — including an $8 million loan — in the roughly five-week period the report covers, a major fundraising boon for the party. (For comparison’s sake: the NRSC reported raising $32.7 million in September, the last full month covered in a single FEC report.)

Republicans have launched an all-hands-on-deck fundraising effort for the pair of runoffs, with famed Republican strategist Karl Rove helming a joint fundraising committee between the NRSC and the two GOP candidates that has already raised tens-of-millions of dollars.

Senate Democrats’ DSCC, meanwhile, raised about half that in the same time period. The party committee reported raising $35.6 million, without taking in any loans. Republican also maintain a cash advantage, carrying $36.8 million in reserves (with $18 million in debt) to Democrats’ $17.5 million in the bank (with $20.6 million in debt).
From https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/03/trump-pac-fundraising-442775

ilovepaydays

Just wondering - If the Dems win both these GA Senate races - is anyone else not going to be surprised if Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) switches parties (or goes Independent and says he will caucus with the GOP)?

Remember Jim Jeffords in 2001? Just sayin’!

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Just wondering - If the Dems win both these GA Senate races - is anyone else not going to be surprised if Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) switches parties (or goes Independent and says he will caucus with the GOP)?

Remember Jim Jeffords in 2001? Just sayin’!

Either way the Georgia races go, Manchin as a Democrat is in the catbird seat to be the person who can make or break any deals.

No he's not going to make himself just another Republican by switching.

MsZem

He won't. Manchin is much more powerful as the key vote in a majority Democratic Senate. He could have switched to the Republican party at any time and has chosen not to.

If anything, I wonder what might happen if the Georgia Senate races end up split and Republicans have a 51-49 majority. Lisa Murkowski will be the most popular person in the Senate.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
He won't. Manchin is much more powerful as the key vote in a majority Democratic Senate. He could have switched to the Republican party at any time and has chosen not to.

If anything, I wonder what might happen if the Georgia Senate races end up split and Republicans have a 51-49 majority. Lisa Murkowski will be the most popular person in the Senate.

Manchin and Murkowski, as odd ducks as they are in this political climate, are sitting pretty to be wooed with all kinds of legislative gifts. That's going to make them valuable to their states, and the voters.

VGThuy

And that makes me want to barf. That's one huge disappointment I'm hanging on to, even if the Dems pull off both wins in GA. Manchin is grinning like a cheshire cat at his position. He and the coal industry wins. You couldn't write a better plot.

caseyedwards

Manchin is a liberal. His record was exactly like kamala Harris’ except on presidential nominations but then even that stopped. A liberal democrat is not going to become a Republican. Being from a coal state means he votes pro coal but he is a liberal. Never voted with trump on any issue.

Facts are facts- national journal. Manchin 70% liberal

MsZem

Manchin and Murkowski, as odd ducks as they are in this political climate, are sitting pretty to be wooed with all kinds of legislative gifts. That's going to make them valuable to their states, and the voters.
And neither has to worry much about reelection. Manchin won't be up until 2024 and with Alaska passing Measure 2, Murkowski is now in a better position to play independent.
And that makes me want to barf. That's one huge disappointment I'm hanging on to, even if the Dems pull off both wins in GA. Manchin is grinning like a cheshire cat at his position. He and the coal industry wins. You couldn't write a better plot.
It's the best you're going to get out of West Virginia: he votes with Democrats on the things that really matter, and anything that reduces McConnell's power is a net positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information