What about those Senate and House races

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Someone should come up with a more descriptive name if we are going to name call. The main thing about Mitch McConnell is that he has worked for years to undermine democracy and redistribute wealth upward.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Someone should come up with a more descriptive name if we are going to name call. The main thing about Mitch McConnell is that he has worked for years to undermine democracy and redistribute wealth upward.
I have several. And, the sad thing is the people in KY do not benefit from him. At. all. He's abandoned the coal industry and they still haven't realized it. But, there comes a point where they get what they deserve.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I have several. And, the sad thing is the people in KY do not benefit from him. At. all. He's abandoned the coal industry and they still haven't realized it. But, there comes a point where they get what they deserve.

Why do they vote for him? He's clearly a creature of Washington DC doing the bidding of big business lobbyists. How do they not see that? Or does that not matter as long as liberals hate him?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Why do they vote for him? He's clearly a creature of Washington DC doing the bidding of big business lobbyists. How do they not see that? Or does that not matter as long as liberals hate him?
stubborn and yes. He's cut funds to black lung programs, but there is a mindset apart from Lexington and Louisville that refuses to see the reality around them. WV is exactly the same. They cling to the past rather then look to the future. There are studies about Appalachia that help explain the mindset. There are reasons why the drug problem is so bad, that obesity rates are so high and people refuse to change until it's all gone. Then they wonder what happened.

Susan1

Mike Turner was re-elected by all the white supremacists that want to keep their automatic rifles so they can shoot people who will die because they don't have healthcare.

gkelly

Mike Turner was re-elected by all the white supremacists that want to keep their automatic rifles so they can shoot people who will die because they don't have healthcare.
Are they going to shoot these people before or after they die from lack of healthcare?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
The Red states are doing very well. We were able to flip only AZ and CO. The Republicans flipped AL (this was expected) and one more state, I think. Even Ernst (IA) and Collins (ME) got re-elected. Even Tillis who was behind throughout, won his. I was so hoping to get rid of Collins and Graham! This has been a dismal night.

Last edited:

ryanj07

I can’t believe Collins survived, that’s just insanity. I hoped Ernst and Tillis would go down as well but it’s not happening.

MsZem

I can’t believe Collins survived, that’s just insanity. I hoped Ernst and Tillis would go down as well but it’s not happening.
Maine has not yet been called, and they have ranked choice. If Collins isn't over 50%, that comes into play, and we'll see what happens then.

So far Republicans have flipped a number of congressional seats, though not enough to take the majority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information