WARN Act help— USA employment issue

Jayar

Next week my company is laying off 25-30% of our staff— about 1000 employees. We received notice one week ago that they layoffs would begin this week and would be rapid with immediate termination. I am wondering if the company’s bottom line gives them the ability to execute this outside of the WARN ACT. We got real raises and some got bonuses just a few short months ago, and now they tell us we are in serious trouble— directly in front of a major merge. Despite my anger with the way that they are doing this, do I have a case to ask for WARN ACT protection?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The company might just hide under the “failing company” or “unforeseeable circumstances” loopholes. It wouldn’t hurt to contact your congressperson and senators as well as local media. Heck, tweet the sh!t out of it and see if it gets picked up.

attyfan

Call a local legal referral outfit and talk to a lawyer who knows the WARN Act about any potential remedies.

Jayar

Today was d-day, and I survived. They eliminated 70+ filled positions and a larger number of open positions. My office is closing next month, but we are all being converted to virtual positions. This is about the best outcome I could have hoped for. WARN Act was in effect for several reasons, and they offered very fair severance packages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information