Voting: What’s Happening in your State

DCA

True. But almost everyone I know still planned on voting in person today. And most people usually vote either early in the AM or late afternoon/evening. I still expected a LONG line outside and several wrap arounds inside.
Arlington County reports that 63% of active voters voted early.

Susan1

They had people in different places this morning on the noon news. The consensus seems to be that everybody got in line at 6:20 a.m., took about a half hour to an hour and a half and it was pretty dead by 10 a.m. They figured it would pick up at lunch time and after 5.

They talked to the governor and Fran standing in line outside in Cedarville.

Bellbrook's machines went down early this morning, and they had to switch to paper ballots.

I wish I would have kept the flyer that I got from the Democrats that said who they endorsed (after I already looked up the ones who didn't have a party affiliation before I filled out my ballot). So I found it online and wrote everybody down so I can follow the crawl tonight, and look them up in the morning.

MacMadame

Staying at home
I wish I would have kept the flyer that I got from the Democrats that said who they endorsed (after I already looked up the ones who didn't have a party affiliation before I filled out my ballot). So I found it online and wrote everybody down so I can follow the crawl tonight, and look them up in the morning.
That's a good way to tell who the Dems are. But not necessarily who to vote for. For example, I voted for a Green Party candidate in a local election and also in CA you can have two Dems against each other so if the party picks one, that may not be who I pick.

And I definitely don't agree with them 100% on the propositions. :D

Do they have Propositions in OH? I hate them.

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
UPDATE: Yep, I was first in line. Entered poll at 6:00am and left by around 6:10am. It took me longer to fill out my ballot (it was a paper scanner ballot) than it was for them to check my ID and verify my information.

There was still just a short line when I left. Every other presidential election since 2008, I’ve arrived at the polls from 5:30-7:00am and I’ve waited between 1-2.5 hours.

Hmm......🤔 Did THIS many people vote early/by mail?
I decided to vote in person too, as my polling station in Alexandria tends to be speedy. Got in line at 6:28 and was walking home at 6:48. Lots of people, but the lines moved quickly.

Received an ‘I voted’ pen instead of a sticker this year.

Susan1

That's a good way to tell who the Dems are. But not necessarily who to vote for. For example, I voted for a Green Party candidate in a local election and also in CA you can have two Dems against each other so if the party picks one, that may not be who I pick.

And I definitely don't agree with them 100% on the propositions. :D

Do they have Propositions in OH? I hate them.
I didn't have the flyer till after I voted. I had to look up the judges and things that did not have a party affiliation listed while I was filling it out so I could go straight Dem down the ticket. I didn't have to choose between Dems on anything. I should have written them down somewhere, but I didn't. (I was too stressed out trying to make sure I did everything right.) If there was just a pick one of one and I looked them up and they were endorsed by any republicans, I didn't fill in their circle. They'll still "win", but they will win by less. So there. :p (to them - not you!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information