Violent Vigilantes Require Our Vigilence

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
That's two out of three cases this week with the Charlottesville verdict. So all is not lost.

I wonder if it will give Rittenhouse something to consider while he continues his "winning" tour with Carlson, Trump and company. Hopefully enough voters will think about his case, address the terribly written stand-your-ground laws and and the allowances we make for young immature stupid boys to do anything they want with guns. It will take action by voters because most of the legislatures aren't going to voluntarily address it.
I doubt it.

Judy

Breaking: Travis McMichael - the man who shot and killed Ahmaud Arbery - has been found guilty on all nine charges in the jogger’s death.
More: Gregory McMichael, one of three men accused of killing 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery, has been found guilty of felony murder. McMichael now faces a maximum sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Yes! Very happy about that!

Judy

I can't believe the defense attorney's comment about his "dirty" feet. Wtf. I just saw a clip of that. I couldn't bear to watch the trial.

Susan1

I can't believe the defense attorney's comment about his "dirty" feet. Wtf. I just saw a clip of that. I couldn't bear to watch the trial.
Considering he had shoes on when he was murdered, and the toenails thing was part of the autopsy. What was the jury supposed to think about that? That woman should be disbarred.

Last edited:

MsZem

Considering he had shoes on when he was murdered, and the toenails thing was part of the autopsy. What was the jury supposed to think about that? That woman should be disbarred.
What should she be disbarred for? It was a bad argument, and the jury didn't fall for it. That's not grounds for disbarring someone, AFAIK.

It says a lot that despite the clear-cut evidence in this case, nobody was even arrested for some time after the murder.

(Given the very serious issues this thread deals with, the alliterative thread title seems inappropriate to me - too cute. Also, vigilance is misspelled)

Susan1

What should she be disbarred for? It was a bad argument, and the jury didn't fall for it. That's not grounds for disbarring someone, AFAIK.

It says a lot that despite the clear-cut evidence in this case, nobody was even arrested for some time after the murder.

(Given the very serious issues this thread deals with, the alliterative thread title seems inappropriate to me - too cute. Also, vigilance is misspelled)
An argument for what, that during the autopsy (which she didn't mention) it was discovered that he had dirty toenails so he deserved to be shot? It was cruel, to throw that in there with his mother sitting right there. If I run over to the store in sweats without washing my hair first to get milk and get killed, would she use the excuse that I must have been a shoplifter as a defense?

And there wouldn't have been a trial at all if they didn't record the whole thing, thinking it would exonerate them. Lesson - don't record yourself committing a crime. Or, actually, do.

Last edited:

MsZem

An argument for what, that during the autopsy (which she didn't mention) it was discovered that he had dirty toenails so he deserved to be shot? It was cruel, to throw that in there with his mother sitting right there. If I run over to the store in sweats without washing my hair first to get milk and get killed, would she use the excuse that I must have been a shoplifter as a defense?
Yes, that's why it was a bad argument.

Being cruel and bringing up irrelevant things is not grounds for disbarment. Maybe if this were a form of real incompetence, it would be. But if I'm wrong, I imagine any legally inclined FSUers can correct me.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yes, that's why it was a bad argument.

Being cruel and bringing up irrelevant things is not grounds for disbarment. Maybe if this were a form of real incompetence, it would be. But if I'm wrong, I imagine any legally inclined FSUers can correct me.
This lawyer guy goes through a lot of the trial and responds a bit to what people are saying about it and mentions the dirty toes thing:

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
(Given the very serious issues this thread deals with, the alliterative thread title seems inappropriate to me - too cute. Also, vigilance is misspelled) be "too cute"
The title wasn't meant to be "too cute." As most here know, I take violence of all kinds seriously.

My apologies for the misspelling. I will leave future threads to the more attuned folks of PI.

skateboy

Bidens Approval : Dips further
33/%

Dems are TOAST.
Or Maybe the Next in Status Quo thrones Buttgieg or Kamala can surpass that record ?
But here's the thing: Americans may not be wild about Biden, but that in no way means they prefer the Orange Hemmorhoid.

At the end of the day, the majority of Americans aren't batsh!t crazy. The lunatics of the GQP party (and we all know who they are) may end up being the Dems' best advertisement for 2022 and 2024.

love_skate2011

But here's the thing: Americans may not be wild about Biden, but that in no way means they prefer the Orange Hemmorhoid.

At the end of the day, the majority of Americans aren't batsh!t crazy. The lunatics of the GQP party (and we all know who they are) may end up being the Dems' best advertisement for 2022 and 2024.
Things are looking bleaker for the democrats, will that finally lead to disavowing appeasements from the woke mob, or will that lead to more repercussions. Woke seems to be finally taking some beatings, blm and exteremists co. starting with the "ETERNALS" Flop.
Twitter snd "Cancel Culture" are some of the worst things to happen in this timeline.

and Will the progressives crawling back to their caves hasten American decay ?
They can only have themselves to blame.

skateboy

Things are looking bleaker for the democrats, will that finally lead to disavowing appeasements from the woke mob, or will that lead to more repercussions. Woke seems to be finally taking some beatings, blm and exteremists co. starting with the "ETERNALS" Flop.

and Will the progressives crawling back to their caves hasten American decay ?
They can only have themselves to blame.
Let's talk after the midterms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information