US Presidential Race Returns - PBP

Susan1

:barrel:wuzrobbed:violin::rollin:

VGThuy

I feel liberated. I feel like the majority of country is liberated. I feel like Joe’s life has prepared him for this exact position he is in. We couldn’t have asked for a kinder more empathetic person to lead the country right now.

Also, you guys...remember all the stress and worry from the primaries on? IMO, I think it was good to have that clown car number of people running. It made people feel more heard and more accepting of the primary results compared to Hillary 2016. Some Bernie or busts peeps were complaining still but it was a lot quieter and had much less traction.

Lorac

The concession speech is not required. Its usually a graceful attempt to unite the country.

We know that not only can he not accept defeat, but he never wanted to unite the country.
The Washington Republicans need to start stepping away from him - McConnell especially. I notice that Pence seems to have gone into hiding - I'm sure he wants nothing to do with Trump now!!

love skating

Clueless American
So beyond thrilled, mostly relieved - though I am concerned about these last two months, but for today I will be singing and dancing all day long!

I gotta give thanks to Tony for keeping me from going off the ledge Tuesday night. Yes I wanted to slap you when you told us all to relax that night lol, but reading your posts and the political pundits who were confident in the win did help me remain optimistic. I still am dismayed at 70 million Americans who voted for the internet troll, but am pleased with the majority of us out there!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
IMHO, it's not just Biden who needs to try to bridge the gap in this country, but all of us. Biden cannot act like Trump and choose to denigrate and ignore those who didn't vote for him. It's going to be a challenge, but there is an opportunity.

That being said, MSNBC is already predicting Lindsey Graham to suddenly reverse course and start praising his old friend Joe. :lol:

tony

I have some super close friends that were much worse than any of you were (well, as much as you shared 😂). One of them is super knowledgeable in politics and trends yet he was melting down on Tuesday night so much that I had to text STFU (not abbreviated) AND GO THE F TO BED. YOU’RE ANNOYING. And then I delightfully shared the conversation all over his social media by Wednesday night.

Lorac

I have some super close friends that were much worse than any of you were (well, as much as you shared 😂). One of them is super knowledgeable in politics and trends yet he was melting down on Tuesday night so much that I had to text STFU (not abbreviated) AND GO THE F TO BED. YOU’RE ANNOYING. And then I delightfully shared the conversation all over his social media by Wednesday night.
I was glad to be here in the UK - 5 hours ahead of NYC, 8 ahead of the West coast - so had zero intention of watching anything live. Waking up on Wednesday I was disappointed to see no clear win but after reading this thread - and especially your clear comments - felt confident it would eventually be called for Biden. Thank you for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information