US Presidential Race Returns - PBP

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed

BREAKING: Pennsylvania federal court DISMISSES Trump lawsuit WITH PREJUDICE--meaning Trump cannot refile it. A total victory for the voters of Pennsylvania.

Trump and his allies are now 2-34 in post election litigation.

Order granting the motion to dismiss:

This decision is humiliating, and I mean humiliating, if you are a lawyer who cares at all about your reputation. Which of course excludes Rudy:rolleyes:

Judge Brann is a card carrying member of the Federalist society. He was chair of the Bradford County GOP, which is beautiful country and the heart of Pennsyltucky. But somehow the Trumpalos will blame this on big city libs:lol:

Meoima

The Michigan and national Republican parties have asked the Board of State Canvassers to delay certification of the state's election results in a bid to investigate "anomalies and irregularities" alleged to have occurred in Michigan's Nov. 3 election.

Michigan Republican Party Chairwoman Laura Cox and Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel asked the state to conduct a "full, transparent audit" before certification, noting other states like Georgia "have taken discretionary steps" in determining their results.

The Board of State Canvassers is scheduled to meet Monday to consider certification. The request from Cox and McDaniel came the morning after Michigan Republican lawmakers met with President Donald Trump at the White House for an hour.
from https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...ay-certification-election-results/6373717002/

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, Three A's, T&M, P&C
I posted this in another forum. Paraphrasing myself-
Trump and his lawyers know that their lawsuits are meaningless and will not hold up in Courts. They are not trying to win those. They are trying to run out the clock by filing cases and appeals so that certification deadlines will be missed and it may go to the SCOTUS where Trump has a 6-3 advantage. The repeated recounts are also helping his plan to steal the election.

It is not the only thing he is doing. He is pressuring republicans in swing states to give him the electors even though the popular vote went to Biden.

I am very uncomfortable with what is happening. So far the judges have followed the law And saved our democracy. At some point if one judge crumbles under the relentless pressure by Trump, things could change. We are not out of the woods yet. I am not 100 percent sure that Biden will take the oath on January 20th, and that is a scary thought.

Susan1

No SNL last night. My DVR is set to record new shows and it didn't, so I looked it up. They are probably back Dec. 5. They missed the best week for skits yet, which is saying something. Every week of the the trump presidency is his "worst week yet".

caseyedwards

Trump and his lawyers know that their lawsuits are meaningless and will not hold up in Courts. They are not trying to win those. They are trying to run out the clock by filing cases and appeals so that certification deadlines will be missed and it may go to the SCOTUS where Trump has a 6-3 advantage. The repeated recounts are also helping his plan to steal the election.

It is not the only thing he is doing. He is pressuring republicans in swing states to give him the electors even though the popular vote went to Biden.

I am very uncomfortable with what is happening. So far the judges have followed the law And saved our democracy. At some point if one judge crumbles under the relentless pressure by Trump, things could change. We are not out of the woods yet. I am not 100 percent sure that Biden will take the oath on January 20th, and that is a scary thought.
It’s not 6-3. Roberts is nevertrump. He attacked Trump by name and that’s very rare.

Maybe not so much cnn or NYT, WAPO , msnbc or dailykos. A Few days away from the outrage machine can make things a lot clearer! Like that Biden is 100% going to president. Like it’s not even a Question

Early 2017 I had to limit my cnn and msnbc and NYT because it was so baffling and strange why trump wasnt impeached and removed unanimously for collusion- In like March or April

Maybe watch some fox special report where Biden is called president elect

Last edited:

Meoima

My question is: Are the Dems thinking of any of this? If they think these actions are unconstitutional and against the law, why are they not moving?

Meoima

Now PA Repubs are claiming PA's entire vote-by-mail law is unconstitutional. I may regret this as I've seen only the parts
@bradheath has tweeted, but here goes: It seems this suit is falsely premised on a belief that a requirement in PA's constitution is also a limitation.
Here's the primary provision on elections in PA's constitution: Art VII, Sec 4. "All elections by the citizens shall be by ballot or by such other method as may be prescribed by law". The Republican complaint focuses on Art VII, Sec 14, which says: "The Legislature shall, by general law, provide a manner" by which people who are absent (b/c of listed circumstances) or can't get to their polling place (b/c of listed circumstances) may nevertheless vote.
On the one hand, the Repub plaintiffs claim that, for people who do not come to vote in person, Sec 14 establishes an "exclusive" list of excuses for allowing those people to vote by mail. But... Otoh, Sec 14 on its face doesn't say that. Nothing on its face suggests it embodies a limitation. Sec 14 tells the legislature what it "shall" do; it doesn't tell the legislature what it may not do.
FUN FACT: While PA Republicans are now claiming Act 77 is unconstitutional... the PA Repub Party just two months ago told the PA Supreme Ct that that very same Act 77 embodied "a grand bipartisan compromise" to modernize the state's election system.
From https://twitter.com/KDbyProxy/status/1330258523129860097?s=20

Cachoo

Trump and his cronies will live in infamy for their attempts to disenfranchise votes to steal an election. Talk about Loser with a capital L...Constitutional historians will make sure Trump is remembered in a most unflattering light. As if he already had not distinguished himself for a malignant presidency...

Susan1

jeffisjeff

Trump and his cronies will live in infamy for their attempts to disenfranchise votes to steal an election.
I hope to live a long life so I can see how history will judge Trump, the Republican Party of the 2016-2020 era, and a significant portion (albeit a minority) of the American electorate. While I am sure there will be efforts by some on the right to rewrite history, I am also sure that the consensus version will not be kind.

Judy

Are there any lawsuits left?
No SNL last night. My DVR is set to record new shows and it didn't, so I looked it up. They are probably back Dec. 5. They missed the best week for skits yet, which is saying something. Every week of the the trump presidency is his "worst week yet".
I know right? 😫😫😫. Dec 5? 😢😢😢😢

canbelto

Why are people so afraid of Trump? Seriously? And then reap the wrath of the voters.

His followers are not really followers but stans. In MAGA world there literally is no one else they like other than Donald Trump Jr. Many of them seriously want him to be President for life.

P.S. In MAGA-land he WON the election. No other narrative is allowed.

canbelto

To give you an idea of how MAGA thinks, I used to work with this woman. She's a very intelligent math teacher.

Here's what she has to say:

Susan Emmi
@SusanEmmi

·
19h

Why would anyone seek to certify an election in a state where the votes are greater than the number of registered voters in 71% of the precincts? Any official in Michigan who certifies the results under these circumstances is negligent in doing their job, and should be removed.

Susan Emmi
@SusanEmmi

·
23h

What did the Dems think? That we were going to stand by and let them steal the election with illegal Biden ballot dumps in the middle of the night. Not happening. Legally, not by savagely burning down cities (which is what they would have done) but legally, we will #StopTheSteaI.

Susan Emmi
@SusanEmmi

·
Nov 21

I'm still aghast that in Detroit trucks pulled up in the middle of the night after the counting had presumably ended (with Trump leading) containing boxes and boxes and garbage cans and bags packed with ballots whose circles were filled in by machine and only for Biden. 100,000's

Susan Emmi
@SusanEmmi

·
23h

If this breach of democracy had happened to Biden and Kamala, every media outlet would be reporting it 24/7 and our cities would be burnt down by now. But because Republicans are not acting savagely but instead pursuing it legally, the media is ridiculing us and not reporting it.

Susan Emmi
@SusanEmmi

·
Nov 20

Needs-to-grow-a-pair Kemp is going to throw the Senate to the Democrats. Shame.

Yazmeen

Shake it then, shake it now, shake it forever
Um so apparently one of the MI GOP legislators wants to overturn the results. Guess the trip to the WH struck the fear of God in him.
Where is there evidence for this? I'm not picking on you, but I can't find anything that backs this up.

Yazmeen

Shake it then, shake it now, shake it forever

Says a "constitutional crisis" could overturn the result
That's what I thought you were getting at; however I also read this:

"Many legal experts believe if the board doesn't certify the results, the courts will order the results BE CERTIFIED. State Sen. Jeremy Moss, D-Southfield, referenced this expectation, highlighting a 2005 Court of Appeals ruling where the panel was forced to certify a petition.

"GOP leaders know this, instead choosing to sow doubt," Moss tweeted. "But our system will work."

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information