US Nationals Fan Breakfast to Benefit Alysa Liu

Status
Not open for further replies.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
If it wasn’t important to you you would not have bothered to post. And your assumption that you know how the rest of us “ think”’has a few flaws, doesn’t it? Next time, you post you should realize that when you post your posting only what your thoughts are not speaking for the entire community
You sound very very angry. My wife and me have been on this sight since 2003 but we do not come often any-more because of post's like this.

Maybe someone put Cole in your Christmas stalking? One year when I was in the navy I thought that happened to me but it was really excrement, turns out that was a "prank" done every year by our sergeant who's nickname was The Rectifier. What a guy!

I hope that you find peace before the end of the holiday time's, what your posting does not speak for me in the meantime though

becca

I am very conservative Catholic but I don’t know what her fathers decisions have to do with her.

Or why she should not receive money for her talent because of his choices. No one gets a say on how they came into the world.

Besides He is not having children he cannot afford to support or take care of. People are free to make their own life choices and it’s not like he is asking the government to pay for his kids.

His kids will help fund my social security.

Figure skating is expensive. I think the sport would do well in the United States to set up more merit based funding.

Carolla5501

You sound very very angry. My wife and me have been on this sight since 2003 but we do not come often any-more because of post's like this.

Maybe someone put Cole in your Christmas stalking? One year when I was in the navy I thought that happened to me but it was really excrement, turns out that was a "prank" done every year by our sergeant who's nickname was The Rectifier. What a guy!

I hope that you find peace before the end of the holiday time's, what your posting does not speak for me in the meantime though

If you disagree with me, I know I’m on the right side. Thank you for your affirmation.

I’m praying that people like you learn love and tolerance in the new year, but I have a feeling it’s a lost cause

(And by the way it’s Coal not Cole, unless you found Nat King Cole in your stocking. Of course the “prank” Was probably meant to deliver a message to you.)

Last edited:

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
If you disagree with me, I know I’m on the right side. Thank you for your affirmation.

I’m praying that people like you learn love and tolerance in the new year, but I have a feeling it’s a lost cause

(And by the way it’s Coal not Cole, unless you found Nat King Cole in your stocking. Of course the “prank” Was probably meant to deliver a message to you.)

Do you honestly not realize that SGL is a pseud/troll?

MIsty Blades/Skate Mom

Banned Member
I'm sure that the Lius could also have a fund-raising event here in the SF Bay Area. I moved from Detroit to the East Bay and I can appreciate the expensive of living out here. My husband makes around $1M/year depending on his bonuses, but I went back to work and cut back on my spending to live more comfortably in the East Bay.

Alysa Liu's father is a successful lawyer; however, paying for skating, plus raising a family in the SF Bay Area is costly. A recent CNBC article says that a family of four living on about $117k/year in San Francisco is considered low income. If they have 5 kids and own a home here, even a $300k annual income in their situation leaves very little for non-essentials like entertainment and vacations.

I’m all for organizing fan get-togethers to cheer-on favorite skaters. However, isn’t at least one of Alyssa’s two fathers a wealthy attorney and CEO? Not sure about the need to raise funds to defray training expenses, especially when there are other skaters with less privileged circumstances.

sjs5572

The fundraiser breakfast has been canceled. The new schedule that just came out requires Alysa to be at exhibition rehearsal (assuming she is invited) between 8:30 AM and 10;30 AM on Sunday. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Lacey

The fundraiser breakfast has been canceled. The new schedule that just came out requires Alysa to be at exhibition rehearsal (assuming she is invited) between 8:30 AM and 10;30 AM on Sunday. Sorry for the inconvenience!

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

CaliSteve

I understand that you are trying to raise money for this skater, and that you don't want to publicize her family's financial situation. But "her dad isn't wealthy because my relatives doing the same job aren't wealthy" is not really a credible argument.

Her dad is not wealthy. It was also stated that he supports 5 kids.

Also, the San Francisco Bay Area has the highest cost of living in the nation.

CaliSteve

I want to see a GoFundMe page for Alysa and make a contribution. I love the fact that her parents are wealthy attorneys and the family has money. I don't care what their needs are, and if there are "those less privileged". I want to support a girl, who is talented and who has a family of ACHIEVERS and "breeding of success".

Social Darwinism rules! strongest survive... :D

Is there a GoFundMe of Alysa?

Her father is an attorney and is NOT wealthy as he supports 5 kids and lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.

You can be a high achiever and not be wealthy.

CaliSteve

Thank you. I am just a fan just like the rest of you. I am actually quite surprised that my good faith effort to help a great skater and create some great memories is so controversial.

This type of volunteer work is like a second full-time job so I appreciate all that you are doing for the skaters.

Im not going to Nationals, is their a fund I can contribute too?

CaliSteve

Thank you for telling me how I feel about things. I never would have known otherwise :rolleyes:

If someone is raising money to help a skater, it's not trashing the skater or the campaign to ask questions about it. People have a right to know where their donations are going and whether the skater needs the help.

Your right. However, it was the way you asked the follow up question. It came off like you were accusing them of lying.

CaliSteve

I'm sure that the Lius could also have a fund-raising event here in the SF Bay Area. I moved from Detroit to the East Bay and I can appreciate the expensive of living out here. My husband makes around $1M/year depending on his bonuses, but I went back to work and cut back on my spending to live more comfortably in the East Bay.

Alysa Liu's father is a successful lawyer; however, paying for skating, plus raising a family in the SF Bay Area is costly. A recent CNBC article says that a family of four living on about $117k/year in San Francisco is considered low income. If they have 5 kids and own a home here, even a $300k annual income in their situation leaves very little for non-essentials like entertainment and vacations.

Yup! Welcome to my world.

CaliSteve

For many conservative Americans, the lifestyle choices described in the Alysa Liu story (Mercury News article, link below) are not those that they would espouse.

Why donate to uphold these values? Why give hard-earned money to a professional who chose to acquire five children in an unconventional manner through processes that cost so much money (egg donors, surrogates, etc.), no matter how talented one of the kids has turned out? I also find it somewhat disingenuous that someone with a partner in the household — as the Dec 2017 article linked below states — is describing himself as a “single dad”...So his partner doesn’t help around the house? Has the pre-Nationals scenario now changed?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/12...hmond-girl-be-figure-skatings-next-big-thing/

I get it now. You never had any intentions of making a donation. All you wanted to do is attack and criticize a 12 year old figure skater and her family.

You feckless...............

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Her dad is not wealthy. It was also stated that he supports 5 kids.

Also, the San Francisco Bay Area has the highest cost of living in the nation.

You're missing my point entirely. I have no opinion on whether her dad is or isn't wealthy, or how much he might or might not be paying to support his family. But it's not valid to claim you know someone (anyone) isn't rich, and you know that because someone else you know does a similar job and isn't rich. You need a lot more information than that to conclude that someone (anyone) is or isn't rich.

Carolla5501

I get it now. You never had any intentions of making a donation. All you wanted to do is attack and criticize a 12 year old figure skater and her family.

You feckless...............

I had to see who was on the attack. Just put the jerk on ignore. Feeding trolls only encourages them Frau Mueller has been on my ignore list for years. One of those who feeds her ego by trashing skaters. You won’t miss anything by ignoring the posts

CaliSteve

You're missing my point entirely. I have no opinion on whether her dad is or isn't wealthy, or how much he might or might not be paying to support his family. But it's not valid to claim you know someone (anyone) isn't rich, and you know that because someone else you know does a similar job and isn't rich. You need a lot more information than that to conclude that someone (anyone) is or isn't rich.

What is "a lot more information"? Why does anyone have to "conclude" if a parent is rich or not based on a blanket unfounded post.

My problem is that all of a sudden people are questioning the integrity of a fundraiser based on a post that alludes to ones perceived "wealth".

CaliSteve

I had to see who was on the attack. Just put the jerk on ignore. Feeding trolls only encourages them Frau Mueller has been on my ignore list for years. One of those who feeds her ego by trashing skaters. You won’t miss anything by ignoring the posts

Thanks for the advice! Although part of my wants to troll her and call her out on her BS. Its one thing to criticize a skater, but another to make personal attacks on a skater's family. That is unacceptable and should not be tolerated.

sjs5572

Although there is no fundraiser, if anyone wants to get a group together for a meal during Nationals.....let me know. The group meals in Boston and San Jose were a lot of fun. Sam

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
What is "a lot more information"? Why does anyone have to "conclude" if a parent is rich or not based on a blanket unfounded post.

My problem is that all of a sudden people are questioning the integrity of a fundraiser based on a post that alludes to ones perceived "wealth".

At the risk of repeating what's already been said, if donations are being solicited for a cause - any cause - it's entirely reasonable for potential donors to want to be sure that the donations are needed and are going to be used appropriately. It's not questioning the integrity of a fundraiser to ask questions about the campaign and the use of the donations - it's making sure your money is going to actually make a difference. If you want to hand over money for any solicitation without caring where that money is going to end up, you go right ahead.

Carolla5501

At the risk of repeating what's already been said, if donations are being solicited for a cause - any cause - it's entirely reasonable for potential donors to want to be sure that the donations are needed and are going to be used appropriately. It's not questioning the integrity of a fundraiser to ask questions about the campaign and the use of the donations - it's making sure your money is going to actually make a difference. If you want to hand over money for any solicitation without caring where that money is going to end up, you go right ahead.

And if you had ever politely asked a question that would be entirely reasonable. Instead you have come across as rude and arrogant and basically assuming that you know more than anyone else. I am questioning your motives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information