US elections 2021-2022

once_upon

Believer in woman's right to own healthcare decisi
Nebraska has term limits on Governor and state legislators, and primaries will be in May.

One gubernatorial candidate has been running ads since last Nov. Charles W. Herbster who has one of his "selling" points is that he has been hand selected and endorsed by President Trump. (For a short moment I thought did wonder if he really change his name to sound like Herbie Husker mascot, but it really is his name).

Another one is running an ad with a rifle in his hands, cocking it while he is talking claiming Washington doesn't have a clue, and Biden is as lost as last year's Easter Egg and Fauci don't get me started. Then aims the gun to the field saying something like he knows what's good for Nebraska. (Never mind that most if not all Washington legislative people from Ne are Republicans).

One says he's for the farmers as he grew his own small family farm to employing hundreds. (Never mind that his "family" business is one of those big corporations gobbling up family owned farms). That he will always have Nebraska interests.

One talks about starting his own local newspaper at age 9, a bunch of other stuff. Passed one of the most sweeping anti abortion bills (I assume Ne unicameral), a bunch of other stuff, is a self declared nerd. Then says BECAUSE.NERDS.GET.THINGS.DONE

One us a former NU football player who talks about bringing God and Jesus back to Nebraska, family values and it's time for younger ideas by a new generation.

I cant remember which is claiming his opponent candidate was (is?) a Board of Regent rep for University and brought CRT to campus with someone who encourages violence.

Or who is saying he will return NEBRASKA to an Era of beating OKLAHOMA (seconds later saying just kidding).

Or who is saying we need to rid the state of the liberal back transgender ideas and return our beloved Nebraska to us.

Primaries aren't until May. I think there are 11 declared Republicans running for governor - these are only 5 running ads now. It's going to be a looonnnggggg ad season

Last edited:

once_upon

Believer in woman's right to own healthcare decisi
I can’t believe it’s already been 8 years for Ricketts! I wonder if he will try for senate
You haven't live in Nebraska. It seems like a 100 years

With Sasse and Fischer sure bets to be reelected, why would he?

caseyedwards

You haven't live in Nebraska. It seems like a 100 years

With Sasse and Fischer sure bets to be reelected, why would he?
Depends on if trump became republican nominee again with sasse campaigning and voting for Biden in 2024. Then that provides an opening for lots of Nebraska republicans

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
Would be interested in seeing how Lily Tang Williams does in her bid for the Republican nomination to run for Congress in New Hampshire. For me at least it would be, since she previously ran under the Libertarian Party banner, twice.

Vagabond

Several days before Tuesday's primary election, some right-wing websites reported on an interview with Tania Joya, who said she had an affair with Taylor that lasted from October 2020 to June 2021. Joya, of the Dallas suburb of Plano, told The Dallas Morning News on Monday night that she had met the congressman through her work as an ex-jihadist helping to reprogram extremists.
Taylor's official House website says that he is married and the father of three.

His campaign website shows him walking hand in hand with his wife. :yikes:

caseyedwards

Mitch McConnell doesn’t really want anyone who is a true believing trump person! Hershel walker should have so much more money! But McConnell really hates him and sought anyone else to run! He begged (for some reason) Kelly loeffler 2016 nevertrump. He begged so many others but walker had overwhelming support. So now you have a Republican candidate in Georgia without any support among republican money people. McConnell would be happy to lose Georgia rather than get a Tom Cotton! McConnell fantasy is every state have a republican nominee like Romney or sasse

ballettmaus

Another one crawled out of the GOP woodwork. https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/03/08/gop-candidate-rape-2020-election/

A Republican candidate favored to win a seat in the Michigan House said he tells his daughters to “just lie back and enjoy it” if raped, as he attempted to make an analogy about abandoning efforts to decertify the results of the 2020 election.

“Upon reviewing the video, I think he was actually talking about the 2020 election and saying that Republicans shouldn’t concede that Biden won fairly,” De Angeli said, adding that Regan apologized for his comment.

Other comments by Regan surfaced online after a clip of the live stream went viral, including a 2021 Instagram post from the candidate in which he claimed that feminism is a “Jewish program to degrade and subjugate White men.” Regan has also called the Russian invasion of Ukraine a “fake war just like the fake pandemic.

ballettmaus

Where does the GOP find these guys? https://www.huffpost.com/entry/herschel-walker-evolution_n_6230b08ce4b0fe0944dc0e65

“At one time, science said man came from apes, did it not? ... If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it,” Herschel said in an appearance at Sugar Hill Church in Georgia on Sunday.

Walker further dismissed scientific progress, saying science “can’t do” the “conception of a baby.”
“They’re still trying to do that, but they can’t, because there has to be a God,” he said.

Walker remains the front-runner in the race despite facing domestic violence allegations.

He and Tuberville seem intent on proving right every cliché that there is about football players. :shuffle:

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

Matt Gaetz is polling behind his most likely Democratic challenger, Rebekah Jones who blew the whistle in the fake COVID death bookkeeping in the Florida Dept. of Health and had her house raided by cops

Gaetz is being investigated by the DOJ for sex trafficking involving a minor, and election law violations. He had a fundraising tour with Marjorie Taylor Green, too. He is a proponent of the Big Lie theory of the 2020 election.

The author believes a huge rate hike by Florida Light and Power is partly to blame for the bad poll.

This is Florida, and I never believe polling there, but it would be nice to think Gaetz would no longer be in Congress. Jones is up by 6% in a poll where twice as many Republicans were polled than Democrats, so undersampling of Republicans was not a factor.

ballettmaus

Can anyone explain to me what Republicans are doing? First Rick Scott admits that they'd raise taxes on the average American. Then Chuck Grassley admits that Republicans probably won't do anything about lowering drug costs if they win the majority in November. Are they trying to prove that voters will vote for them no matter what?

caseyedwards

Rick Scott was right on target. Americans who pay no income tax should pay something. No more EITC wiping out an entire income tax bill! Americans are the most undertaxed people in the world and everyone needs to pay income taxes. I don’t why he’s saying it! But it’s a good thing to say

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Can anyone explain to me what Republicans are doing? First Rick Scott admits that they'd raise taxes on the average American. Then Chuck Grassley admits that Republicans probably won't do anything about lowering drug costs if they win the majority in November. Are they trying to prove that voters will vote for them no matter what?
These people don't have to try. They just keep demonising the Dems which becomes the motivation for voting for the GQP.

ballettmaus

These people don't have to try. They just keep demonising the Dems which becomes the motivation for voting for the GQP.
My point is, which politician normally stands in front of a microphone and says, here's my tax plan, we're going to increase taxes for most Americans who makes $100,000 or less and put social security in jeopardy and then doubles down after the Minority Leader denounces the plan?
They've always demonized Democrats and they've certainly said a lot of quiet parts out loud. But they were still pandering to a base then. Which base are they pandering to by telling them they're going to raise their taxes? (I don't know if the CEOs think that far ahead but even they shouldn't like it because higher taxes means less money to spend on their products).

What Grassley did make a little more sense because Republicans can campaign on lowering drug costs should they get it done before midterms. But if they don't, Democrats can campaign on what he said.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
My point is, which politician normally stands in front of a microphone and says, here's my tax plan, we're going to increase taxes for most Americans who makes $100,000 or less and put social security in jeopardy and then doubles down after the Minority Leader denounces the plan?
They've always demonized Democrats and they've certainly said a lot of quiet parts out loud. But they were still pandering to a base then. Which base are they pandering to by telling them they're going to raise their taxes? (I don't know if the CEOs think that far ahead but even they shouldn't like it because higher taxes means less money to spend on their products).
A politician whose constituency makes more than $100,000 and who thinks everyone who makes less are filthy "takers," especially those who are POC or old people whose Social Security is a major part of their income.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
A politician whose constituency makes more than $100,000 and who thinks everyone who makes less are filthy "takers," especially those who are POC or old people whose Social Security is a major part of their income.
Yes but there are more of us than there are of them. I mean we all get one vote. You don't get one vote per dollar of assets you have.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I went to Arkansas this week and one of my cousins hosted a fundraising event for Sarah Huckabee Sanders who is running for governor. :yikes: I'm guessing we won't be having a lot of family dinners. I've been gone a long time and had no idea of their politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information