US elections 2021-2022

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
That ad ("He loves Mitt Romney!" :lol: ) has been running in our market area for two weeks now. They often play it shortly after a J.D. Vance for Senate ad.

The problem with the anti-Vance ad is that it could actually encourage anti-Trump GOPs and independents to vote for Vance and consider him only on a superficial level ("Oh, that's the Hillbilly Elegy guy") without the deeper dive into his total hypocrisy. IMO Tim Ryan would have a better chance running against the already know evil devil Josh Mandel (like Sherrod Brown successfully did) than he would have with a Ryan vs Vance matchup.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Teen Vogue thinks DC should be a state and make a pretty good case for it:

The article says it should be a bipartisan issue because it's about taxation without representation. But, of course, they would most likely go Blue so the GOP will be against it IMO.
most likely! :rofl:

The ultimate issue here is the Senate. So just abolish the Senate and D.C. can become a state. ;)

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Here's some potentially good news on the most recent election. Glenn Youngkin is alienating righwingers who now are scremaing he's a RINO because he hired an LGBTQ staffmember and said he would not oppose local mask and vaccine mandates. There is hope! He might be the normal Republican he pretended to be to the larger public rather than the rightwing zealot he signaled rightwingers he really was.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Here's some potentially good news on the most recent election. Glenn Youngkin is alienating righwingers who now are scremaing he's a RINO because he hired an LGBTQ staffmember and said he would not oppose local mask and vaccine mandates. There is hope! He might be the normal Republican he pretended to be to the larger public rather than the rightwing zealot he signaled rightwingers he really was.

:biggrinbo Love it. These GOPers are so triggered.

caseyedwards

Republicans have nothing against Rick grenell. They love him. This seemingly has more to do with this particular person being one of those pronouns people that than a homosexual

caseyedwards

The worst news for Pennsylvania democrats imaginable in the senate race. Parnell has dropped out and now others may enter who haven’t been accused of attempted murder and child abuse

sk8pics

So today on the news they had a piece on a guy running for the lone seat in the House of Representatives that Delaware has. He is a Republican and he is running against “divisiveness.” What does that mean, you ask? Well, he says, he’s against CRT and against teaching it because “it’s divisive.” And a couple of other things like that. Then the interviewer asked him if he was going to work with any Democrats on any of these things. He said, “No.” :rolleyes::lol:

caseyedwards

Democratic Representative Tom Suozzi leaving house to make another run for governor of NY. Democrats are totally acting like republicans did in 2017 and 2018 with much less reason. I mean suozzi has wanted to be Governor for decades and even ran an extreme long shot primary against Spitzer in 2006. But he was not re-elected very impressively last year so is leaving. Italians historically do well in NY democratic gubernatorial primaries so maybe he could beat Hochul

once_upon

Believer in woman's right to own healthcare decisi
If I hear one more time (which most assuredly will happen I'm the next 30 minutes), that Charles W Herbster has been endorsed by Donald J Trump as THE candidate for Ne Governor, I will scream.

Not that it will do much, because in true red Nebtaska State Herbster will most likely be the candidate and win the governor race.

caseyedwards

Charlie Baker, Republican MA governor, announces that he will not run for re-election:

Sounds like he would have faced a primary from a Trumpist candidate.
He could be like Romney and be the 2024 Republican presidential candidate lol. Romney was more liberal than Baker

Dobre

Oregon's redistricting map:

"Republicans did not appeal their loss in Oregon. This case is done, done. Congrats to
@DemRedistrict, @EliasLawGroup and the State of Oregon on the first fully litigated victory of the redistricting cycle. 1-0.

"The court determined that the map is lawful and dismissed the case with prejudice, holding that 'the extensive record in this case establishes that, far from being motivated by partisan purpose, the Legislative Assembly drew the enacted map based on public input and neutral criteria—resulting in a fair map that was not drawn for a partisan purpose.'"

Vagabond

NEW: Rep Devin Nunes is retiring. I'm told he “got a job offer that he can’t refuse” --- CEO of a new Trump media org.
This media organization is under SEC investigation.
He isn't retiring in the sense that he won't be standing for re-election: he's quitting.

Representative Devin Nunes, a California Republican who emerged as one of former President Donald J. Trump’s most loyal and pugnacious allies, announced on Monday that he would resign from Congress after 19 years to become the chief executive officer of Mr. Trump’s new media and technology company.

Mr. Nunes faced almost impossible odds in being re-elected to the Central Valley district that his family has farmed for three generations. A new map emerging from an independent citizens’ redistricting commission was almost certain to flip it from a district Mr. Trump won handily to one President Biden would have won.

I had to remind myself that FSU would actually let me link to a URL with Nunes' name in it rather than forcing me to put it through TinyURL. :lol:

ilovepaydays

caseyedwards

Being the leader of the Georgia Republican Party and responsible for the parties success I don’t see why Kemp shouldn’t be blamed for all the Georgia republicans losses and the parties collapse! Trump went to Georgia and ordered all the republicans to vote but he couldn’t undo what kemp did and making things like Drop boxes for ballot harvesting which democrats like but republicans don’t!

But yes it’s true that the rich Republican white women hated trump and turned out in huge numbers to vote against loeffler who was one of them but turned into trump fanatic to win the primary. Loeffler was huge Romney backer who gave nothing to trump. This is why Kemp appointed her. Because in their minds she would run as someone who hated trump but was a conservative republican. But then Collins primaried her and forced her to abandon her plan.

Kemp should have just appointed Collins

Kemp had a plan: every kind of Republican on the ballot. Total failure as strategist.

Last edited:

ballettmaus

Charlie Baker, Republican MA governor, announces that he will not run for re-election:

Sounds like he would have faced a primary from a Trumpist candidate.
I'm torn over retirements where those primaries are the reason (I don't know if it really was his reason, so this is mostly in general). On the one hand, I understand that Republicans facing a Trumpian candidate think they don't have a chance and don't want to go through that. On the other hand, it seems like they're surrendering their party to fascism. If all sane Republicans stop running, that leaves only one kind of Republicans... And Youngkin should have proven that non-Trumpists stand a chance. Sure, he may not have been nominated had there been a primary but Republicans set the rules, don't they? Shouldn't they be able to keep holding conventions instead of primaries if they want to?

With regards to Virginia, I read that Loudoun County turnout was what lost it for McAuliffe; McAuliffe would have needed to win by a larger margin.
But it's the same old song: turnout. Did anyone hear if McAuliffe had a good ground game?

The other day, Youngkin announced that he wants to use an EO to pull out of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative. He claims, it'll save residential customers a little under $5 a month on their energy bill. I guess, those at the coast will save even more once their homes are under water and those who are in the fishing business will also save a lot more on electricity when they lose their livelihoods and become homeless once their businesses go down the drain.

Sarcasm aside, it's questionable if Youngkin can do it per EO but it still makes me want to cry. Literally. There has been so much progress and it hurts that he wants to roll it all back. It's stupid, senseless and short-sighted. How about initiatives that make us more electricity conscious so that we use less and save money that way?

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Oh dear! Dr. Oz is being cancelled because the Phildadelphia Inquirer says they will refer to him by his full name (Mehmet Oz) just as they do for all other candidates. How can this happen? :lol: :rolleyes:
My campaign is gaining momentum, so the @PhillyInquirer and the @theView believe it’s time to cancel me because of my strong conservative values...well, I am not going to let that happen.
And an extra :rolleyes: for putting the newspaper on a comparable level with The View.

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
Oh dear! Dr. Oz is being cancelled because the Phildadelphia Inquirer says they will refer to him by his full name (Mehmet Oz) just as they do for all other candidates. How can this happen? :lol: :rolleyes:

And an extra :rolleyes: for putting the newspaper on a comparable level with The View.
Do they also mention Mehmet is from NJ? Has never lived in PA?

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Imagine his shock and tweets when the reporters starting checking out the in-law's home to see if he's actually living there. Breaking news: "The furniture is still covered with dropcloths and there have been no cars in the driveway."

I can't wait. Take us back to the old Rick Santorum days Philadelphia Inquirer. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information