U.S. Protests - There's Something Happening Here

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
MN police forcibly detained multiple journalists who were covering a demonstration, despite a federal court order that prohibited them from doing so:
In another case, they arrested an Asian-American journalist, asked her if she spoke English and forced her to undergo a partial strip search:

MacMadame

Staying at home
She died of a drug overdose. She took lots of drugs before the riot and died there of the drugs she took.
There is video footage of her being trampled. Video. footage.

But apparently, it never happened and it's all made up by the lamestream media. :rolleyes: You people need to seriously STFU with this bullshit.

caseyedwards

Sorry what did they post that was false?
No one was trampled to death. The ME said drug overdose

There is video footage of her being trampled. Video. footage.

But apparently, it never happened and it's all made up by the lamestream media. :rolleyes: You people need to seriously STFU with this bullshit.
The ME is very clear.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
No one was trampled to death. The ME said drug overdose

The ME is very clear.
Did a quick search. A number of media sources, both left and right wing, say she was trampled to death. They have also said she had quit drugs. Do you have a link to the coroner's report that said she died from a drug overdose?

If you don't then you should be very careful what you say.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge

The medical examiner released results earlier this month. He says meth intoxication. The video shows she was trampled, presumably after death?

The NY Times description of the video says her friend kept trying to call for help for her and the frenzied crowd just trampled over her. If she was dying of a drug overdose, he could not get help for her.

But yes let's turn her life into a political football and dismiss her as a drug addict so clearly it doesn't matter*. I find that vile.

Crazed mobs are terrifying. People die in the midst of them. This was a crazed mob. Maybe most of them weren't on actual drugs but they were hyped up on the drug of belief that you can make up your own narrative without any reference to the truth and claim righteousness.

Personally I think a lot of the people at the Capitol took the fall for the armchair activists of the internet who spread the hysteria like our posters here. Shameful.

*And the people doing this are the one's who sneer "All lives matter" when their words indicate what they really mean is No lives matter.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
For that matter, the two guys in their 50's who died of heart attack could likely have been saved in they were n' t in the middle of an insurrection when they had heart attacks.

I think one had a stroke, but yes. They died in the midst of mayhem and might not have had that not been the situation.

Why there is anyone trying to deny that what happened January 6 was an ugly, chaotic out of control mob endangering lives and our very democracy is beyond me. To what end? Is it just the "our side" didn't do anything bad, "you're side" did mentality? Why would anyone see a crazed mob as "their side?" Why can't people acknowledge that a demonstration was driven out of control intentionally by bad actors--Proud Boys and Oath Keepers--and people were primed by the stoking of hysteria "Our country is at stake! It will cease to exist if the election is certified!" to participate in hysterical behavior.

You can hear this insane mob chanting "Hang Mike Pence" in the videos, you can hear it is the voice of hundreds caught up in such ugliness.

What twists peoples minds to such an extent that they are driven to deny what happened that day? In what way does doing that help make the world a better place?

caseyedwards

Did a quick search. A number of media sources, both left and right wing, say she was trampled to death. They have also said she had quit drugs. Do you have a link to the coroner's report that said she died from a drug overdose?

If you don't then you should be very careful what you say.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Oh look ... The judge agreed the people to fear at last year's protests were the police, not the protestors:
A federal judge on Friday issued a preliminary injunction against Columbus police preventing them from using force against non-violent protesters, writing that officers ran "amok" during protests in the city last year.

Algenon Marbley, chief judge for the Southern District of Ohio, began his 88 page opinion with a quote from Martin Luther King, Jr.: "But somewhere I read of the freedom of assembly. Somewhere I read of the freedom of speech. Somewhere I read of the freedom of press. Somewhere I read that the greatness of America is the right to protest for rights."

"Unfortunately, some of the members of the Columbus Police Department had no regard for the rights secured by this bedrock principle of American democracy," Marbley wrote. "This case is the sad tale of police officers, clothed with the awesome power of the state, run amok."
Another woman, who was looking for her 21-year-old daughter but did not intend to protest, was pepper sprayed twice, even as she told officers she simply "wanted to find my baby," she recounted, according to the judge's order. After she was sprayed a second time, she sat down on a sidewalk, screaming for help because she could not see.

"She discerned two officers were walking towards her in riot gear; she hoped help was on the way at last. Instead, CPD officers sprayed her again — now, for the third time," the document said.

Then she says an officer stomped on her kneecap and said: "That’s what you get for being down here, you black, protesting b----."

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
In Memoriam - Kent State, May 4, 1970 - Four Dead in Ohio

The 50th Commemoration last year was cancelled due to the p*ndemic.

RIP Allison Krause, Jeff Miller, Sandy Scheuer, Bill Schroeder.

The Washington Post Magazine has an interesting article about Mary Ann Vecchio, the runaway teen who became known worldwide as "the girl with the Delacroix face" after the Pulitzer Prize winning photograph of her was published with the front page news. The article reviews the ups and downs of her life over the past 51 years, along with a look at the photographer.
That photo, of her kneeling over the body of Kent State University student Jeffrey Miller, is one of the most important images of the 20th century. Taken by student photographer John Filo, it captures Mary Ann’s raw grief and disbelief at the realization that the nation’s soldiers had just fired at its own children. The Kent State Pietà, as it’s sometimes called, is one of those rare photos that fundamentally changed the way we see ourselves and the world around us.
John Filo was a senior at Kent State in May 1970, a student photographer who almost missed out on covering the protests because he’d been in the woods taking pictures of teaberry leaves for his senior thesis that weekend. All the other photographers on the student paper had assignments from out-of-town papers, so John, 21, was working in the newspaper office to help process their pictures. On his lunch break, he grabbed a camera and stepped outside. He went straight toward the action, where a student in the no man’s land between soldiers and students waved a black flag. John snapped a photo thinking, “Okay, I’ve got my picture.” A moment later, the soldiers formed a rifle line. “I put my camera to my eye and trained it on one of the soldiers,” he says. “He aimed toward me, and then his gun goes off. The next thing I know, a bullet hits a tree next to me and a chunk of bark flew off.”

John dropped to the ground and waited out the 13 seconds of gunfire. When the smoke cleared, he stood and patted his arms and legs, checking to see if he’d been hit. “It was like slow motion. I just kept wondering, ‘How come I’m not shot?’ ” Then, not 10 feet away, he saw a body on the ground. John was running out of film as he saw a girl kneel beside the body. “I knew the boy was dead, but I could tell she didn’t know,” he told me. “I could see something building in her, and all of a sudden she lets out this scream and I shoot. I shoot one more picture, and I’m out of film.” By the time he had reloaded his camera, the girl was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information