U.S. Protests - There's Something Happening Here

demetriosj

Black Lives Matter website:

They can believe what they want, but they need to stop forcing this garbage down everyone else's throat. People have a right to have opinions other than "what-we-believe" without fear of extortion, looting, rioting, and anarchy. Most people do not want to "disrupt the nuclear family" or defund the police. It's a small, very vocal minority who preach this nonsense.

Sparks

I cannot for the life of me see how any of this is "garbage".

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

Why is the BLM movement so scary to some people?

VGThuy

He's posting that and reinterpreting what is clearly stated...again? You tried that last time and we already went over this. Ok, no more responding to that sea lion.

jenny12

Black Lives Matter website:

They can believe what they want, but they need to stop forcing this garbage down everyone else's throat. People have a right to have opinions other than "what-we-believe" without fear of extortion, looting, rioting, and anarchy. Most people do not want to "disrupt the nuclear family" or defund the police. It's a small, very vocal minority who preach this nonsense.

Expressing an opinion is not shoving it down someone’s throat. Unless of course you are so weak you swallow at the mere mention of something that threatens your sensibilities. Also, I didn’t know the WNBA was rioting and committing anarchy.

Also, thank you for posting what Black Lives Matters believes. What a beautiful vision of the world that I hope we can get to someday.

demetriosj

I cannot for the life of me see how any of this is "garbage".

Why is the BLM movement so scary to some people?

Love how you cherry-picked the four benign lines in the manifesto.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
I take it you already forgot about the Flint Water Crisis. (of course you did) The 10th most liberal city in America , run overwhelmingly by Democratic politicians for decades...how could this atrocity have occurred when your party has all the answers and SUCH CONCERN for the underprivileged? Doesn't really add up.

Honestly, which inner city community has the Democratic party ever managed to lift out of poverty? Name a few. Funny how you don't bother providing any evidence of measurable improvement in these communities....you consider your own vague personal impression as "good enough" to prove the Democratic parties efficacy. But it really isn't--so drop the self-delusion and show me some actual results.
#1 - Democrats - Not my party, as many posters here already know. If you prefer rabid partisanship, that's your choice, but I normally refrain and try to focus on actions and issues. I commented this time because of your non-stop stereotyping and ad-hominem attacks and your inability or unwillingness to delve beneath the surface of them. Also, the post I quoted of yours was about "99% of modern white liberals" (apparently you are familiar with all of them except the 1%) and not about Democrats. The two articles were about the same seven people who were not identified as Democrats. I did not support or defend the people in the articles. I challenged the exaggeration of your over-the-top 99% assessment.
#2 - Flint - As I noted in my post, environmental organizations (Not the Democrat or GOP party or who governs Flint, MI, but people of all backgrounds who support environmental protections) frequently take legal and grassroots action when governments don't act.
#3 - There is substantial documentation easily available to you or anyone about environmental groups taking legal action as I discussed. I made no "vague personal impression" of the Democratic party at all. Stop making things up and shortchanging people with the "of course you did" remarks when you are the one who didn't take the time to read properly.

overedge

G.O.A.T.
2 women charged with hate crimes, steal MAGA hat from terrified 7 year-old boy:

We can all use Google too.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
And

Everyone failed Flint, over a series of years.

Early in 2016, <Governor Rick> Snyder <Republican> acknowledged a share of the responsibility, saying, "Government failed you at the federal, state and local level. We need to make sure this never happens again in any Michigan city."

As the Republican governor during the situation, who appointed the Republican emergency managers, Snyder has a lot of the blame, but some of the people who played a significant role in the disaster were Democrats.

MacMadame

Staying at home
Last edited:

Toshi_Berra

#2 - Flint - As I noted in my post, environmental organizations (Not the Democrat or GOP party or who governs Flint, MI, but people of all backgrounds who support environmental protections) frequently take legal and grassroots action when governments don't act.

Which is GREAT. But this is hardly enough to conclude that liberals have made do on their promises to black communities. If anything that particular group has been nothing but a cancer on black majority districts--why aren't they held accountable? I don't like Republicans either but that's not who posts here, and that's not who has monopolized political control over black communities.

#3 - There is substantial documentation easily available to you or anyone about environmental groups taking legal action as I discussed. I made no "vague personal impression" of the Democratic party at all.

Then post it. Why do you demand sources from me and yet you get to skate by without? "Google it" isn't an argument.

Toshi_Berra

Some myths about Antifa. Two that keep coming up here:

(1) Antifa is an organization - it is not. Say Antifa is a terrorist organization is like saying feminism is a terrorist organization.

(2) Antifa was the organizer of the violence that happened around some of the BLM protests. Even the FBI even says this is not true.

So now the FBI, with its systemic racism and long history of corruption, is 100% credible. MacMadame refuses to even call cops when she needs them...but the top level cops (FBI) are to believed no matter what? :confused: What a fun fantasy world you live in...:rolleyes: Is there unicorns too?

Susan1

So now the FBI, with its systemic racism and long history of corruption, is 100% credible. MacMadame refuses to even call cops when she needs them...but the top level cops (FBI) are to believed no matter what? :confused: W]
I know you are a troll, and it is pointless to try to point out facts to you, but the FBI is not "cops". They are the Federal Bureau of INVESTIGATION. They have "police" divisions but they are not "the" police.

Further -
"Antifa is a moniker, not a single group with a clear organizational structure or leader. It is a decentralized network of activists who don’t coordinate. Their common ground is opposing anything that they think is racist or fascist. In recent years, antifa activists appeared whenever there was a large gathering of white nationalists.

And white nationalists, as counterintuitive as it might seem, have been known to attend Black Lives Matter rallies. That is what could then draw attention from antifa forces, according to Seth G. Jones, director of the transnational threats project at the Center for Strategic and International Studies."

Politico (yeah, you won't believe them because they are not faux "news") - "Two later draft versions of the same document — all of which were reviewed by POLITICO — describe the threat from white supremacists in slightly different language. But all three drafts describe the threat from white supremacists as the deadliest domestic terror threat facing the U.S., listed above the immediate danger from foreign terrorist groups.".....

.....None of the drafts POLITICO reviewed referred to a threat from Antifa, the loose cohort of militant left-leaning agitators who senior Trump administration officials have described as domestic terrorists. Two of the drafts refer to extremists trying to exploit the “social grievances” driving lawful protests."

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Then post it. Why do you demand sources from me and yet you get to skate by without? "Google it" isn't an argument.
I didn't demand any sources from you when responding to your post. I posted directly based on the premise and articles you provided - 99% of modern white liberals do nothing except pursue selfish interests. According to two articles you posted, there were seven people. In order to get closer to 99%, you might have to add a selfish white liberal infant to the count, but I assumed maybe you knew one. Since you have no personal pipeline to the overall population for the 99% measurement you pronounced, I dismissed it as outrageous and gave a general example demonstrating when it is not the case.

However, I will add if other people haven't wanted to take time to document additional news articles for your reading pleasure, it's probably because what they get for it in return is lots of "of course you did", "you're this, you're that" blah blah baseless personal attacks instead of earnest pro and con discussion matter. That's a problem of your own making. I disagree with people all the time here and we almost always do it without the name calling you use on a regular basis. I provide documentation all the time when needed but I'm quite sure in this case most people here don't need me to post a link to a Sierra Club lawsuit to recognize the point I made. I especially won't do it just because you want to subvert a discussion instead of having a genuine and meaningful one. I'll leave it at that and hopefully we can now get back to the issue of the protests.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
An in-depth article from the WP about the escalation of violence at protests. Note the lead photo of unmasked people physically assaulting congressional candidate aides. They punched a 65 year old woman in the chest who was passing out voter registration forms because she was in the way when they went after the congressional candidate who did nothing to provoke them. They beat the candidate's aide and assaulted the aide's mother.

These are among the people who are bringing most of the guns to the protests and rallies these days, supposedly to "protect" the citizens.
In a spate of exchanges that have spanned from Kalamazoo, Mich., and Bloomington, Ind., to Chicago and Portland, Ore., people on both sides of the United States’ political and cultural divide have been filmed exchanging punches, beating one another with sticks and flagpoles, or standing face-to-face with weapons, often with police appearing to be little more than observers. ...

“We are sort of at the stage of polarization where there are more and more people who are seeking confrontation, where they are not simply satisfied with disagreeing with the other side or yelling at the other side, but they want to confront,” said Mark Pitcavage, a historian and senior research fellow at the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism. “We are not just a polarized society — we are increasingly a confrontational society now.”
Arnold said the numbers of counterprotesters are being swelled by “a bunch of ordinary individuals” who are now physically engaging protesters and activists whose politics they do not agree with. Large crowds are being mobilized online after inflammatory and often false information is posted online by what Arnold described as “fake social media accounts.” “They are accounts that have been created within the last month or so, do not have a picture or other identifiers that you could use to believe they are more legitimate accounts,” Arnold.

The social media posts are quickly spread, including by self-described militias and more-mainstream conservative groups, and they often give the impression that a specific community faces imminent danger or the potential for violence, Arnold said. They often use images from past protests or riots in other cities combined with phrases such as, “This is happening in Weatherford right now,” he said. Other social memes falsely claimed that police were asking residents to “come assist us,” Arnold added.

Japanfan

Some myths about Antifa. Two that keep coming up here:

(1) Antifa is an organization - it is not. Saying Antifa is a terrorist organization is like saying feminism is a terrorist organization.

Unfortunately some people believe it is - hence the term Feminazi. Incel would probably fall into this category.

(just one article among a plethora of articles)

overedge

G.O.A.T.
I think there's a difference between movements that are labeled as terrorists by others, and movements that define themselves as terrorists. Feminists don't call themselves feminazis, but incels call themselves incels. And the more extreme incels are terrorists, because they want to kill women to get revenge for women refusing to go on dates with them or sleep with them (I can't imagine why :rolleyes:)

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Latest episode of Planet America. They had an interview with former Homeland Security official Elizabeth Neumann.

She talked about the terrorist threat from left and right. Left is more geared towards property damage. The Right is actually geared towards people. And she also advised that Trump is a threat because of his rhetoric.

gkelly

She talked about the terrorist threat from left and right. Left is more geared towards property damage. The Right is actually geared towards people. And she also advised that Trump is a threat because of his rhetoric.

I would love to see this stated in one of the president's security briefings. "You, Mr. President, have been identified as one of the biggest threats..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information