U.S. Protests - There's Something Happening Here

demetriosj

Toshi_Berra

From Back in May...

The protests in Seattle were an opportunity for Jordan Davis-Miller to demand a better future for black Americans. But it disturbed him to watch some of the thousands of people gathered downtown seize a different opportunity: to smash windows and loot retail stores. Many of them, he pointed out, were white.

So the "progressive" wing now consists of white agitators destroying black businesses.....for the sake of the black community? You can't get more pathetic! Time to discard you people like yesterday's trash!

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
There's people on here who think its all "worth it". Can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs, ya know ? ;) Coincidentally, those who rationalize violence and property destruction are never the ones directly effected by it.
They will insist all forms of protest are acceptable...up until it reaches THEIR doorsteps. Then SUDDENLY they will cry and scream for the police to protect them. So laughable!
You laugh??

My dad was murdered in 1995. My acquaintance with the police is personal, and not positive. Dad was a very popular guy, and the police were under a lot of pressure to arrest somebody, anybody.

I have watched them try to pin the murder on poor people, black people, (Arrest The Usual Suspects, like Inspector Clouseau) a gay relative (because HomoCide, they are all murderers), finally to decide 20 some years later that it was my brother but they couldn't definitively prove it. My brother is rich and white, so back in the day it couldn't have been him :rolleyes:

Not all the police I have met were arrogant, hugely biased shites- only about half-but sadly including the district attorney.

"The police lie. They always lie. They lie even when they don't have to lie," as a friend who was himself had been a district attorney told me.

So I would not trust the white guys were BLM just because the police said so. Certainly a number of those apprehended for violence have been Proud Boys, or from one of the militias, or from some other white supremacist groups.

Until they are captured and convicted you can't say.

And yes I believe arsonists and thieves should be prosecuted. But so should murdering police and vigilantes like Kyle Rittenhouse.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
From Back in May...

So the "progressive" wing now consists of white agitators destroying black businesses.....for the sake of the black community? You can't get more pathetic! Time to discard you people like yesterday's trash!
And your point is?

You are behaving like the thugs that was posted in the video posted previously. Your attitude is disgusting and akin to bullying behaviour. Time to put you on my ignore list.

DORISPULASKI

Watching submarine races
Good. So what issue do you take with my post?

Your assumption that you know who the looters and arsonists are or what their affiliations are.You don't.

Your assumption that I would go running to the police ...I have no trust in them... I would more likely call the fire department.

Your assumption that you know what drives any of the people you meet on line, including me. You don't.

Toshi_Berra

Your assumption that you know who the looters and arsonists are or what their affiliations are.You don't.

Sigh...you know what would increase your credibility? Actively calling out bad behavior among your supporters....but instead 🙈🙉🙊

Your assumption that I would go running to the police ...I have no trust in them... I would more likely call the fire department.

It's the same number.

SkateSand

Cat Servant

Judy

I think that all this violence and attacks are horrible. There are awful people on both sides.

I should clarify though. I don’t believe the type of idiots doing violence and illegal acts truly represent BLM. Peaceful protestors don’t get attention. But the idiots doing this should be dealt with. I also understand that it’s a crisis in the U.S. and the fact that Trump has never even acknowledged BLM in anything but a negative way is adding a lot of fuel to the fire.

demetriosj

I should clarify though. I don’t believe the type of idiots doing violence and illegal acts truly represent BLM. Peaceful protestors don’t get attention. But the idiots doing this should be dealt with. I also understand that it’s a crisis in the U.S. and the fact that Trump has never even acknowledged BLM in anything but a negative way is adding a lot of fuel to the fire.

Better clarify before you get canceled.

Toshi_Berra

Color me surprised. As I said before, 99% of modern white liberals are only involved in activism for their own self-enrichment and ego boost. I've never witnessed an exception personally.

demetriosj

You mean like on Fox News? Where highly paid commentators on a major cable channel complain that their voices are silenced :rofl:

No. What do you think would happen to big corporations etc if they refused to be blackmailed by BLM and refused to donate millions to BLM? Currently, corporations are falling like dominoes to put up the boilerplate nonsense on their websites about systemic racism and not understanding it in the past because they are not black, pledging to hire more blacks, blah, blah, blah, basically paying protection money in the hopes that BLM will leave them alone. If these companies weren't falling like dominoes, the boycotts would make your head spin.

overedge

G.O.A.T.
No. What do you think would happen to big corporations etc if they refused to be blackmailed by BLM and refused to donate millions to BLM? Currently, corporations are falling like dominoes to put up the boilerplate nonsense on their websites about systemic racism and not understanding it in the past because they are not black, pledging to hire more blacks, blah, blah, blah, basically paying protection money in the hopes that BLM will leave them alone. If these companies weren't falling like dominoes, the boycotts would make your head spin.

Please show me a reliable source that any major company has been forced to shut down because it was threatened by BLM for not having enough black employees, or for not giving enough donations to BLM.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Staying at home
Please show me a reliable source that any major company has been forced to shut down because it was threatened by BLM for not having enough black employees.
Or that they are donating millions to "Black Lives Matter" which, since it's not an organization, I'm not even sure how that would work. Unless he meant "The Movement for Black Lives" which is an organization. But I'm not sure he knows that.

ETA I'm watching football and imagining certain people's heads exploding. 🤯

Last edited:

once_upon

or for not giving enough donations to BLM.
Not a major company. But 11worth Cafe in Omaha said they closed because they weren't going to contribute to an organization.
Although, I suspect it had more to do with C-19 and restaurants restrictions than that.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Color me surprised. As I said before, 99% of modern white liberals are only involved in activism for their own self-enrichment and ego boost. I've never witnessed an exception personally.
I have, so I'll comment on another blanket statement (99% - I'm sure you know them all lol) made once again without much research or consideration.

One example - Environmental organizations are often the ones footing the bills for lawsuits against polluters in many inner city areas when the cities won't take action. These groups get a bad rap by your ilk citing they don't always have bigger membership numbers by underrepresented groups. I don't disagree they may have such problems and need to make improvements, but a lot of them still put their money where their mouths are even though the majority of their membership or supporters may not reside in poverty ridden neighborhoods. It's because of the belief that human rights include clean air and water for all. Since a lot of these neighborhoods don't have the money to fight against big businesses with unethical and usually illegal anti-environmental and dumping practices, they step in.

I can tell from reading your posts that you don't really give a crap whether people in these neighborhoods have clean, toxic free living conditions. People who have to take two or three buses to work or to find a grocery where they can get fresh vegetables are simply there for your use when it suits your political talking points, not because you have much interest in seeing improvements in the actual quality of their lives. Because really if you believed otherwise, you would be looking at these things on a program by program basis instead of making the royal pronouncements by stereotyping "99%" of any group. You would support finding, developing and using resources rather than wasting time with the constant insults and name calling.

Last edited:

overedge

G.O.A.T.
Not a major company. But 11worth Cafe in Omaha said they closed because they weren't going to contribute to an organization.
Although, I suspect it had more to do with C-19 and restaurants restrictions than that.

From this story it sounds like they kind of brought it on themselves, with the owner's son making social media posts that protestors should be used for "target practice".

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information