Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Average International Scores from this season (GPs/Challengers/Senior Bs including Philadelphia International):

Bradie Tennell 195.26
Mirai Nagasu 185.42
Ashley Wagner 183.94
Karen Chen 178.51
Angela Wang 175.81
Courtney Hicks 174.51
Mariah Bell 174.42
Caroline Zhang 169.39
Amber Glenn 150.65
Polina Edmunds 149.99
Starr Andrews 149.91
Tessa Hong 149.07
Olivia Shilling 134.78
Paige Rydberg 119.71

And with 4CCs & Worlds from last season added:

Bradie Tennell 195.26
Ashley Wagner 188.74
Mirai Nagasu 187.80
Karen Chen 180.33
Mariah Bell 177.52
Courtney Hicks 174.51
Angela Wang 175.81
Caroline Zhang 169.39
Amber Glenn 150.65
Polina Edmunds 149.99
Starr Andrews 149.91
Tessa Hong 149.07
Olivia Shilling 134.78
Paige Rydberg 119.71
Thanks! For those interested, I've posted SP/FS/Total scores from these international comps in my blog: https://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/scoretracker/current-senior-ladies-scores/

Seerek

Actually my post that you quoted was made in response to the short program. That program was choreographed by Brown. But I must admit the long program looked like Brown's work to me...and he was sitting next to Bradie in the K&C. What other programs/skaters has Benoit R. choreographed? Anyway, I hope Bradie moves on from him next year too.

This season, Benoit Richaud is choreographing at least 1 program for:

Kaori Sakamoto, Mai Mihara, Mae-Berenice Meite (maybe Ivett Toth depending if she keeps last year's programs)
Michal Brezina, Chafik Besseghier, Denis Ten, Romain Ponsart

Seerek

Last edited:

mtnskater

This season, Benoit Richaud is choreographing at least 1 program for:

Kaori Sakamoto, Mai Mihara, Mae-Berenice Meite (maybe Ivett Toth depending if she keeps last year's programs)
Michal Brezina, Chafik Besseghier, Denis Ten, Romain Ponsart

Thanks for the info. Tell me he didn't do Meite's horrid free Skate!?! That has got to be the worst program I have ever seen...at least in recent memory.

B.Cooper

per Wagner's instagram:

ashwagner2010 This is a post I don’t really know how to write. A little over a week ago I was diagnosed with an ankle infection inside of my right foot. I came into this event mentally willing myself to push through this, but every step I took on the ice was shooting nauseating pain into my body. After my first axel, the padding on my foot shifted and pressure was put directly onto my injury. I tried to fight through the next two jumps. Sometimes, you have to take yourself out of the shoes of an athlete and put yourself into the shoes of a professional. My goal is to be national champion. My goal is to make it to the Olympics the way I want to. I’m the only one in control of this destiny and I have proven time and time again that I am a fighter. I weighed my options with a very heavy heart, and decided it was best for me to stop trying to prove to everyone how strong I am, and accept that I needed to heal. My heart is heavy and I know that I have so much more to offer as an athlete. Thanks to the amazing staff at @usfigureskating for supporting me through this. Thanks to Raf for standing by my decision. Thank you to everyone out there sending their love my way. I feel it and it’s because of all of you and your support that I know I will come back stronger than ever and be the fighter I know I am
I question the decision to compete. Wondering what course of medical treatment was taken, with prophylactic antibiotics an obvious choice of treatment at the time of diagnosis a week ago, and drainage of any obvious abscess(es). IF this was diagnosed over a week ago, I would have also suggested a TUE (therapeutic use exemption) for a local anesthetic for her to train/compete if the pain was persistent. She seemed to compete in the SP without any obvious signs of pain. And, quite frankly, there were no obvious signs of distress during the portion of her long program that she skated. Wagner is a performer, to which we all have no doubt. So, either she sufficiently masked the pain during the competition, or she was rattled enough during the portion of the long program (after doubling the 3T to the 2T), that she realized that her chances of medaling were slim. It hasn't been often where Wagner has been truly challenged by another US lady in recent years (probably going back to 2010 season, when Nagasu and Flatt skated lights out at US Nationals) and with Bradie's performances this past week, I wonder as to the mental strength of Wagner under pressure from other US ladies. If she was indeed struggling with an injury, it all certainly plays into the mental strength of the athlete, and perhaps she thought she just could not push thru the remainder of the program. Hard to really know what she was thinking in the moment. I think she has left the door open to the US Olympic Team selection panel , considering the international results of the top US ladies this season....Wagner will have to make a profound statement on the ice in San Jose.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Imo, what with the scores she's put up this season - best of the Americans - Bradie is assured a spot on the Olympic team. She still has to do Nationals but they'd be insane to leave a 200+ scorer who can rotate her jumps off the team. Not only that - I believe she's earned a spot in the Olympic Team event. Again, for the same reasons I just stated, they'd be nuts to leave Bradie out of the team event.

TOTES!!!!!!!

And an international judging panel awarded her with scores she deserved.... So she already seems favorable to them.

It would be just GREAT if we could have ONE lady who the judges know they don't have to review any jumps!!!!

She has the highest SP score, free score and total score.... no reason at all not to send her.

I also think she should go to 4CC. She should have the stamina.

I also don't expect her to have Carolina Kostner artistry now. That should come. She totally on the right track.

Carolla5501

Interesting, what did Karen skate to? Was the appearance to promote her new book?

I think the "book" is just one symptom of the problem. She wins one National Championship (at an event not overflowing with outstanding skaters) and she writes a book? About what?

And now she's spending time promoting the book? The book gets released tomorrow. The publisher expects her to support the book, not learn yet another new program :)

GullyGirl84

I think the "book" is just one symptom of the problem. She wins one National Championship (at an event not overflowing with outstanding skaters) and she writes a book? About what?

And now she's spending time promoting the book? The book gets released tomorrow. The publisher expects her to support the book, not learn yet another new program :)

Karen's book promotion is starting-here is an article featuring an interview with Karen, where she talks about the book, and assesses her Skate America performances (looks like this was from her Today show appearance...).

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/karen-chen-plans-polish-programs-nationals

Strangely, they make it sound like her next competition isn't until nationals. Isn't she signed up for Golden Spin?

I don't have much to say on the book thing. It amuses me, but it is a children's book, and I'm sure they'll keep it light. I would rather read about someone (like Ashley? Mirai? Gracie?) who has had more ups and downs in their career, but again, the book isn't targeted for me. ;)

Carolla5501

I am ok with the idea of the book, why not? But... it's the timing and the promotion that worries me. She has a month until Nationals. She is on program 4 (at least, who knows what we might have missed :) ) She's not jumping well, that program looked like a shell of the program we saw last year.....

And I think the book adds pressure (One hit wonder won't sell as many as if she's a repeat champion!)

Vagabond

I've got lots of friends in San Jose
Do you know the way to San Jose?
Can't wait to get back to San Jose!​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information