U.S.-Iran Crisis

mag

that is a serious breach of trust.
I don’t think this administration has any understanding of either “trust” or “breach of trust.” If your statement was put to Pompeo or any of the Trumps, or Kushner or Esper, I think you would get a nonsensical answer because they would have no idea what you are talking about. Furthermore, they have no interest in learning.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I don’t think this administration has any understanding of either “trust” or “breach of trust.” If your statement was put to Pompeo or any of the Trumps, or Kushner or Esper, I think you would get a nonsensical answer because they would have no idea what you are talking about. Furthermore, they have no interest in learning.
The point though is to put it to the nation at large rather than let the Trump administration flout serious standards one more time. Granted the Republicans in the Senate have little interest in holding Trump accountable, but at the very least these kinds of actions must not be allowed to pass without objection.

Vagabond

I am posting this here because, as it transpires, the plane crash was related to the subject of this thread and was caused by a political act.

Anatomy of a Lie: How Iran Covered Up the Downing of an Airliner

For days, they refused to tell even President Hassan Rouhani, whose government was publicly denying that the plane had been shot down. When they finally told him, he gave them an ultimatum: come clean or he would resign.

Only then, 72 hours after the plane crashed, did Iran’s supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, step in and order the government to acknowledge its fatal mistake.
Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, commander of the Guards’ Aerospace Force, said later that his units had asked officials in Tehran to close Iran’s airspace and ground all flights, to no avail.
The officer on the missile launcher near the airport heard the warnings but did not hear a later message that the cruise missile alert was a false alarm.
“They advocated covering it up because they thought the country couldn’t handle more crisis,” said a ranking member of the Guards who, like others interviewed for this article, spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. “At the end, safeguarding the Islamic Republic is our ultimate goal, at any cost.”
This is no way to run a country. :mad:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, commander of the Guards’ Aerospace Force, said later that his units had asked officials in Tehran to close Iran’s airspace and ground all flights, to no avail.
This is heartbreaking and appalling. It was obvious even before we knew that the plane was shot down that no planes should have been flying. This is one of the worst instances of politics overriding military decisionmaking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information