TV & streaming coverage for Skate America 2021

Sylvia

Rooting for underdogs!
For people in the USA:

2021 GUARANTEED RATE SKATE AMERICA ON NBC and NBCSN
(Eastern time; subject to change; check local listings.)

Friday, Oct. 22 | 9 p.m. - 12 a.m. | NBCSN (Live)
Saturday, Oct. 23 | 5:30-8 p.m. | NBCSN (Live)
Saturday, Oct. 23 | 10 p.m. - 1 a.m. | NBCSN (Live)
Sunday, Oct. 24 | 3-6 p.m. | NBC (Live)

2021 GUARANTEED RATE SKATE AMERICA PEACOCK PREMIUM STREAMING SCHEDULE
(Eastern time, subject to change)

Friday, Oct. 22 | Pairs short program | 8:58 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 22 | Men's short program | 10:23 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23 | Rhythm dance | 4:45 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23 | Women's short program | 6:20 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23 | Pairs free skate | 9:18 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23 | Men's free skate | 11:01 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 24 | Free dance | 2:10 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 24 | Women's free skate | 4:04 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 24 | Skating Spectacular (not available for streaming) | 9:30 p.m.

From USFS' press release:
Terry Gannon will handle play-by-play responsibilities and will be joined by reporter Andrea Joyce throughout the event. Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski, three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir will call the action with Gannon for the women's, men's and pairs events, while 2006 Olympic silver medalist Tanith White will join for the ice dance segments.
Peacock Premium will provide live and on-demand coverage of the entire event. Additionally, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA will present encore coverage from Skate America® and all Grand Prixes this season the week following the competition's conclusion.
I believe people outside the USA will be able to watch the Ice Desk coverage?
The Ice Desk will stream live from Las Vegas on U.S. Figure Skating's Facebook and YouTube pages. Ali Reid will host the coverage with Olympians Mirai Nagasu (2018 Olympic Team Event bronze medalist and 2008 U.S. champion) and Polina Edmunds (2014 Olympian and three-time U.S. medalist) joining for commentary with a variety of additional guests.
ISU will publish their "how to watch the Grand Prix series" worldwide viewers' guide this week.

Last edited:

SLIVER

It’s all on the Eurosport Player Live for anyone who has access. Of course with a smart a TV you can watch it via your TV screen.

sk8girl

For those in Canada it will all be streamed by CBC but there is no scheduled TV coverage. See: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winter/figureskating/broadcast

There will be access to the limited NBC TV coverage, of course.
Is anyone else thinking that the CBC times are all an hour too early, or am I confused? It says the times are EDT and daylight savings time doesn't end until November, so it's not one of those things where the clocks will change during the competition weekend.

NBCSN: Friday, Oct. 22 at 9 p.m. Eastern
Peacock: Friday, Oct. 22 at 8:58 p.m. Eastern
coloured schedule: 18:00 Vegas time (= 9 pm Eastern)

CBC:
Fri Oct 227:48 PMChampionship Figure Skating: Skate America

danafan

Canadian ladies über
ISU will publish their "how to watch the Grand Prix series" worldwide viewers' guide this week.
It's posted.

Again this year CBC is streaming it in Canada but it has an * indicating youtube will also be available here. And I'm already seeing the Skate America feeds as upcoming on youtube.

Sally1214

Is anyone else thinking that the CBC times are all an hour too early, or am I confused? It says the times are EDT and daylight savings time doesn't end until November, so it's not one of those things where the clocks will change during the competition weekend.

CBC:
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. At the top of the CBC page that comes up for Atlantic Canada, it says "all times ADT." But, NS is 4 hours behind Vegas, so how can an event starting at 18:00 (6pm in Vegas) begin at 8:48pm in Halifax? It HAS to be 9:48pm, right? The listing on the ISU Channel for the Pairs SP beginning at 10:00 pm ADT looks correct

Doggygirl

Peacock drives me nuts. Right now, all I can find for Skate America upcoming is on Sunday afternoon. Is anyone else seeing the upcoming events for Friday and Saturday yet on Peacock?

Side vent: Mr. Doggy and I recently (finally!) "cut the cord" and only have internet based TV service. We went with Youtube TV, which we love. Shortly after we made the switch from Comcast, we got the notification that NBC Universal and Youtube were at an impasse renewing the contract. Turns out, NBC wanted to force YouTube TV to shove Peacock down their subsribers throats, and YTTV said no. They worked it out and all the NBC stations are still on YouTube TV, but it pi$$es me off that Peacock is such [email protected] to try to search and navigate, and they want to shove it on everyone. /vent

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
@Doggygirl I don’t bother with searching as Peacock tagging is terrible. I use the top menu, select Sports, then scroll down until I get to Figure Skating. Right now, FS is 15 down arrows from the top.

Everything SkAmer is up, starting with practice cams tomorrow at 1:00 EDT. Look for the YELLOW tiles.

For those insisting on searching, it does come up if you enter Skate Am, but you still have to scroll as it’s below 2020 (Blue tiles).

annie720

Peacock drives me nuts. Right now, all I can find for Skate America upcoming is on Sunday afternoon. Is anyone else seeing the upcoming events for Friday and Saturday yet on Peacock?
Mine has the practice cams listed for tomorrow and the Men and Pairs the following day. I'm not doing a search but simply looking at the Live & Upcoming events under Sports.

Last edited:

Elka

Channel 1 Russia is streaming all. Looks like it anyway. I have not checked the exact times. Первый канал онлайн спорт. You need VPN.

Doggygirl

@Doggygirl I don’t bother with searching as Peacock tagging is terrible. I use the top menu, select Sports, then scroll down until I get to Figure Skating. Right now, FS is 15 down arrows from the top.

Everything SkAmer is up, starting with practice cams tomorrow at 1:00 EDT. Look for the YELLOW tiles.

For those insisting on searching, it does come up if you enter Skate Am, but you still have to scroll as it’s below 2020 (Blue tiles).
Thanks for the tips.

And to NBC/Peacock... :mad::wall::mad::wall::mad::wall::mad::wall:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I do that too. Once I do that, I then add each event to my Watchlist and then they are on my home screen whenever I log in so I don't have to do that again.

Lizziebeth

I usually go on Peacock at the last minute, click on sports and the figure skating event I want is right there. Of course, I am watching on the internet on my large monitor so maybe that is different than on a TV?

My smart TV is 10 years old and a pain to set up and I think the picture is starting to go. I need a new one!

maureenfarone

I do that too. Once I do that, I then add each event to my Watchlist and then they are on my home screen whenever I log in so I don't have to do that again.
I was also adding to my watch list, but even after I watch the event it stays in that watch list. I also have skating comps that come up under "continue watching?" which never go away even if I watch them again all the way to the very end. Do you know of any method to "disappear" these darn things?
It is possible that this is more of a Roku problem than a Peacock problem since I usually watch on my tv with my Roku.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I was also adding to my watch list, but even after I watch the event it stays in that watch list. I also have skating comps that come up under "continue watching?" which never go away even if I watch them again all the way to the very end. Do you know of any method to "disappear" these darn things?
I remove them from my Watchlist after I watch them. So it's a manual process.

I have no idea how to remove the "continue watching" but they do seem to disappear eventually.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love!
I have no idea how to remove the "continue watching" but they do seem to disappear eventually.
Me too...couldn’t remove “continue watching.” However, I cleaned out “Watch List” of old events - one by one - before adding all SkAm2021 events.

So everything’s set up for Vegas, beginning with today’s Practice Cam...supposedly at 5pm...????? EST???? “6hr5m” must be the duration of the cam. The start times on the Cam and all events seem to be the usual Peacock wackiness. (I know the actual event start times, thanks to the schedule. For ex, P SP comes at my 8:58pm est tomorrow...not 1am, as Peacock indicates.)

Update:
According to schedule, today’s Practices are from 10am-4pm local, 1pm-7:05pm est. Trusova and other Women in the last block. Go, Sasha!

Last edited:

Karen-W

Me too...couldn’t remove “continue watching.” However, I cleaned out “Watch List” of old events - one by one - before adding all SkAm2021 events.

So everything’s set up for Vegas, beginning with today’s Practice Cam...supposedly at 5pm...????? EST???? “6hr5m” must be the duration of the cam. The start times on the Cam and all events seem to be the usual Peacock wackiness. (I know the actual event start times, thanks to the schedule. For ex, P SP comes at my 8:58pm est tomorrow...not 1am, as Peacock indicates.)

Update:
According to schedule, today’s Practices are from 10am-4pm local, 1pm-7:05pm est. Trusova and other Women in the last block. Go, Sasha!
Start time for the practice cam is 10am on Peacock when I checked last night.

I was able to remove one of my "Continue watching" items by fast-forwarding to the end then closing out of the app and re-opening it. Can't get the other one to disappear.

Last edited:

mpal2

The "Continue Watching" disappears on it's own after 30 days. I wish they would allow you to remove it considering that they won't let you disable autoplay and you get garbage in that list.

toddlj

San Jose 2023!
Issue might be that on Peacock, it lists the time of the event in the time zone your computer is set to. My computer is set to Central time, and it says the event starts at noon. (Which is correct; noon is 10AM Pacific.)

Skate Talker

CBC:
This is nothing new to me - the CBC streaming schedule only rarely shows the correct time in my time zone. I always rely on the event/ISU schedule for correct times. The good news is that the CBC stream starts at the correct time and not the incorrect one published in their schedule.

Again this year CBC is streaming it in Canada but it has an * indicating youtube will also be available here. And I'm already seeing the Skate America feeds as upcoming on youtube.
As @danafan said, the ISU YouTube live stream links are already showing up so will not be blocked in Canada. In the past I have used the YouTube stream instead of the CBC stream because you can pause, rewind and skip forward. I always get interrupted or miss something after a break so this is definitely a feature I use. Of course I may check out the CBC stream again just to see if they have made changes to include those features too.
FYI for anyone who doesn't know it yet, this the URL to the ISU YouTube page with the links to live stream by event showing correct time in your own time zone, provided you have your computer set to your own timezone, of course.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SkatingISU

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Will the ISU stream the GPs on their youtube channel in Europe?
I am confused - it says pan-european, then listing countries included.
Germany for example is not on that list, but I can't find SkAm listed in the ISU skating channel for me.

skatingguy

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information