TV & streaming coverage for SCI21

Sylvia

Rooting for underdogs!
Skate Canada's press release yesterday (Oct. 27): https://skatecanada.ca/2021/10/skate-canada-invites-you-to-join-the-new-live-stream-broadcast/
Skate Canada has put together an extraordinary team of former high performance athletes that will bring a fresh approach to skating coverage. We welcome Kevin Reynolds (Men), Kaetlyn Osmond (Women), Kaitlyn Weaver (Ice Dance), Meagan Duhamel (Pairs), Elladj Balde (Art of Performance), and Patrick Chan (Art of Skating) with host Ted Barton to provide us with excellent, honest, and compassionate coverage of performances.
We invite our community to join us with the launch of this new broadcast this week at Skate Canada International. Join us and engage with our broadcast team by asking questions to the commentators about the event, sport, and their own journeys. Send in your questions through email to [email protected] or text 1-604-418-3157.

"Tessa Virtue, Meagan Duhamel and Patrick Chan will join CBC Sports as special analysts for Skate Canada International, the Grand Prix event that begins on Friday in Vancouver." (Oct. 28): https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...da-international-preview-cbc-lineup-1.6227627

I would like to hear Canadian fans' feedback re. the new commentators this weekend since those of us outside Canada (without a VPN) won't be able to watch/listen.

Canadian TV broadcast schedule: https://skatecanada.ca/2021-skate-canada-international/#tab-id-3
Skate Canada International Entire Event Will be Live Streamed on CBC.CA and CBC Gem.

In the USA:

Peacock Premium Streaming Schedule
All times Eastern. Subject to change.
Friday, Oct. 29
4 p.m. - Pairs short program
5:35 p.m. - Men's short program
8 p.m. - Rhythm dance
9:45 p.m. - Women's short program

Saturday, Oct. 30
4 p.m. - Pairs free skate
5:47 p.m. - Men's free skate
8:30 p.m. - Free dance
10:31 p.m. - Women's free skate

NBC Recap Show
Saturday, Oct. 30 - 4-6 p.m.

ETA that NBC is scheduled to broadcast the NASCAR Cup Series live on Sunday afternoon.

SBS will have live & same-day replay coverage in Australia (refer to the link in the TV Alerts thread): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...e-skating-series-2021-22.108760/#post-6089411

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love!

NBC Recap Show
Saturday, Oct. 30 - 4-6 p.m.
Odd that NBC would recap as the Men’s finals are happening & well before the Women’s Finals. They’ll probably show top-3 Women’s SPs and direct viewers to Peacock in the evening (10:30pm est).

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Odd that NBC would recap as the Men’s finals are happening & well before the Women’s Finals. They’ll probably show top-3 Women’s SPs and direct viewers to Peacock in the evening (10:30pm est).

I think the date is wrong and it will be on Sunday october 31

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
My TiVo shows it as Saturday at 4 Eastern, with a description of “Ladies (not woemen’s) and men’s free skates from Skate Canada, an ISU Grand Prix event in Vancouver, BC. Also, a look at pairs and ice dancing free skates.” Since the frees don’t even start until 4 Eastern, I have no clue what will air. NBC has a commitment to NASCAR on Sunday afternoon.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love!
My on-screen Comcast guide also indicates 4pm est Saturday. I too thought that it was an error, so I also checked Sunday afternoon but, no; NBC will show live NASCAR racing at that time.

Oh well, I get Peacock but was thinking of others. As BaileyCatts pointed out, there’s always Olympic Channel for reruns during the week...what I used to watch before Peacock came on the scene.

beepbeep

Krud Karen
YouTube streams are currently geoblocked in countries where they should not be (like Brazil, in my case). Let’s hope they’ll get it fixed before the competition starts.

ETA: it’s fixed :cheer:

Last edited:

skatfan

Thanks for posting. I somehow only just now clued into the fact that this competition is in Vancouver. I kept subtracting three hours to all the times -LOL!

quartz

scratching at the light
Thanks for posting. I somehow only just now clued into the fact that this competition is in Vancouver. I kept subtracting three hours to all the times -LOL!
That’s what I did last week for Skate America - got used to calculating time differences for events east of me instead of west of me.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
I had to print the detail sheets and write it down next to the PST time. I never do that for European time zones.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
My on-screen Comcast guide also indicates 4pm est Saturday. I too thought that it was an error, so I also checked Sunday afternoon but, no; NBC will show live NASCAR racing at that time.

Oh well, I get Peacock but was thinking of others. As BaileyCatts pointed out, there’s always Olympic Channel for reruns during the week...what I used to watch before Peacock came on the scene.
Maybe NBC and Peacock are testing us to see how creative we can be.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
FYI - the CBC TV coverage today is highlights of three of the short programs from yesterday - Men, RD & Women - followed by live coverage from the Pairs FS. Brenda Irving did the men's coverage with Andi Petrillo & Patrick Chan in the arena. I've got it recording so that I can watch live beginning now :)

Sylvia

Rooting for underdogs!
NBC broadcast is starting now... Tanith is hosting with Johnny & Tara is back.

Replay of Women's SP being shown first, starting with Mai Mihara! :cheer:

ETA: Then Mana Kawabe, Madeline Schizas & Wakaba Higuchi from the 1st group; plus all of 2nd group.

Last edited:

Sylvia

Rooting for underdogs!
Men's SP replay on NBC just started with Makar Ignatov! :cheer:

ETA - top 5 shown so also Evgeni Semenenko, Keegan, Jason, Nathan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information