TV broadcasts & live streaming options for Worlds 2018

Thread starter #1

Sylvia

Club comp. season is underway & I'm not ready yet
Ratings
ICENETWORK SCHEDULED (ALL TIMES EASTERN)

Wednesday 3/21/2018
5:45am Ladies Short Program
12:30pm Opening Ceremony
1:20pm Pairs Short Program

Thursday 3/22/2018
5:05am Men's Short Program
1:55pm Pairs Free Skate

Friday 3/23/2018
6:00am Short Dance
1:30pm Ladies Free Skate

Saturday 3/24/2018
5:00am Men's Free Skate
10:20am Free Dance

U.S. TV BROADCAST schedule: http://www.usfigureskating.org/events?id=84206
All times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change

Wednesday, March 21
Ladies Short 6 a.m. - 12 p.m. Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA (Live)
Ladies Short 12 - 2 p.m. NBCSN
Pairs Short 2 - 6 p.m. Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA (Live)

Thursday, March 22
Men's Short 5 - 10 a.m. Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA (Live)
Pairs Free 3 - 5 p.m. NBCSN

Friday, March 23
Short Dance 6 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA (Live)
Ladies Free 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. NBCSN (Live)

Saturday, March 24
Men's Free 5 - 9 a.m. Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA (Live)
Free Dance 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m. Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA (Live)
Free Dance 12 - 2 p.m. NBCSN (Live)
Men's Free 5 - 7 p.m. NBCSN

Sunday, March 25
Exhibition 8:30 - 11 a.m. Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA (Live)

Sunday, April 8
World Championships: Recap 3 - 6 p.m. NBC

-----

@nuge has posted a thread for U.K. Europsport's coverage in the TV Alerts thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/uk-eurosport-worlds.10364

Skate Talker

Replaced the display under my name
Ratings
CBC is supposedly streaming everything live but is showing me stupid times - some pages it claims are shown in ET, some it says are my timezone, but none of them match the correct event times. As usual I will go with the official event times because that's what CBC streams regardless of what their schedule says.

CBC TV is showing only tape-delayed packaging as follows (according to their schedule)
Wed Mar 21 - 7-9 pm local time
Thu Mar 22 - 7-9 pm local time
Fri Mar 23 - 7-10 pm local time
Sat Mar 24 - 2-5 pm ET (it says but is also 2-5 pm in my time zone so check your listings)

skatingguy

Golden Team
Ratings
The times look pretty good.
Live Streaming EDT
Wed Mar 21 5:45 AM - Ladies Short Program
Wed Mar 21 1:20 PM - Pairs Short Program
Thu Mar 22 5:05 AM - Men Short Program
Thu Mar 22 1:55PM - Pairs Free Program
Fri Mar 23 6:00 AM - Ice Dance Short Dance
Fri Mar 23 1:30 PM - Ladies Free Program
Sat Mar 24 5:00 AM - Men Free Program
Sat Mar 24 10:20 AM - Ice Dance Free Program

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/broadcast

My TV guide says the coverage on the CBC in the first few days is for the World Junior Championships. :D

Elka

Ratings
Russian TV Match Arena is showing everything live. Those, who use TVteka, look for МАТЧ! Арена. In the view showing all the channels it is third row, third from the left. Арена is in white letters on a red background.

grimey

Skating + photography = my heaven :)
Ratings
Anyone know if CBC's website will have video access from the live streamed event after it has happened (To watch later on in the day).

Skate Talker

Ratings
Anyone know if CBC's website will have video access from the live streamed event after it has happened (To watch later on in the day).
Don't know for sure and have never seen them ever say they were archiving the live stream but I can't recall a time when they didn't. The only thing is sometimes it is available almost immediately and other times you just have to wait and wait.

Another thing you can try though is the ISU archive of the live stream. IIRC CBC has not been enforcing their right to geo-blocking on that site for some time now. Actually for replay that might be the better option because I don't think the CBC player allows one to skip or fast forward through zamboni breaks, etc. and I believe the ISU player does.

Japanfan

Ratings
CBC's TV coverage looks terrible, not much more than highlights - they've given twice as much in past years. I'm wondering if this is a trend, or if it's because they blew their budget on the Olympics.

I don't know if I can ever get into watching stream. For certain, it's highly unlikely I'll ever be able to watch stream live.

I've said before that CBC threatens to destroy my love of FS, and that threat feels very real at the moment.

I so envy Americans who have access to Ice Network. :(

Frau Muller

Make American Figure Skating Great Again!
Ratings
I’m in the USA and am looking forward to watching live on my beautiful big-screen TV, through Olympic Channel...action begins this Wednesday at 6am Eastern...in just two days from now. (Men’s SPs on Thursday even earlier...ready with strong coffee ☕️.) GO, RUSSIAN AND USA LADIES!!! I’m expecting a big nice surprise from Bradie Tennell!!! Totally pumped!!!!

kalamalka

Ratings
They did last year (we watched the evening events from Helsinki live in the morning Pacific time, and then caught up with some of the earlier event), and the CBC figure skating video site still has the streams from this year's World Juniors up.

kalamalka

Ratings
This is the CBC coverage:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winter/figureskating/broadcast

click on streaming or tv, whichever you are going to watch.
This is probably correct for the streaming, but the times they have posted for the CBC TV broadcast seem to be wrong - for PDT, they have it as 4 pm local time, whereas the full CBC TV schedule elsewhere on their website shows the broadcast at 7-9 pm on Wed-Fri, as do the Shaw cable listings. So check carefully for your own location.

kalamalka

Ratings
Potential to co-watch streaming in Vancouver

CBC's TV coverage looks terrible, not much more than highlights - they've given twice as much in past years. I'm wondering if this is a trend, or if it's because they blew their budget on the Olympics.

I don't know if I can ever get into watching stream. For certain, it's highly unlikely I'll ever be able to watch stream live. :(
I don't usually do well with watching streaming myself, and prefer some commentary, but have found it to be kind of fun to watch with company. Rosaleen and I will be watching the live events that start in the later morning in a hotel suite in downtown Vancouver, and if any of the locals are able to join us for streaming TV with coffee and snacks on any of the three weekdays (FD on Saturday starts at 7:20 am, so may be a bit early for us), PM me - we'd love an extra snarker or two!

victorskid

Skating supporter
Ratings
Anyone know if it is possible to watch the stream delayed on CBC, without getting spoiled?
If you want to stay unspoiled you will need to stay away from the Internet as well as TV and radio :)

CBC generally archives their video but, as someone said above, it may take a while for it to be available following the end of each part of the event.

Japanfan

Ratings
Last edited:

Japanfan

Ratings
If you want to stay unspoiled you will need to stay away from the Internet as well as TV and radio :)
I've become pretty good at staying unspoiled, and do avoid all media - not difficult, as I'm working (work at home). If I weren't working on deadlines, it would be much more likely that I could watch live.

Skate Talker

Ratings
Anyone know if it is possible to watch the stream delayed on CBC, without getting spoiled?
So this link might even be a bit better for you, since it takes you directly to the CBC player page specifically for figure skating full shows only.

CBC Player - Figure Skating - Full Shows

Hopefully that can keep you from any of the other skating vids they post with spoiler info in the titles. It is possible though that there will be more of a delay before they show up here. Give the link a try now and see what you think.

WildRose

Ratings
CBC has got it all covered and we don’t even have to pay for it 😃. Thanks to everyone for the links, it seems pretty straight forward to me:

LIVE COVERAGE
Begins on Wednesday at 6 a.m. ET with the women's short program, followed by the pairs short at 1:20 p.m. ET here:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/f...re-skating-live-world-championships-1.4581681

TV COVERAGE:
On CBC Television Wednesday through Friday at 7 p.m. local time and Saturday at 3 p.m. ET.

REPLAY:
http://www.cbc.ca/player/sports/Figure Skating/Full Shows

Per

Ratings
Since NJ will be snowed in tomorrow, Olympic Channel from 12-6pm seems like an idea.

Now, if there will be electricity is another matter. Overhead wires still well into the 21st century:violin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)