TV and streaming coverage

mollymgr

Debbie S

For those with NBC Gold, it looks like they will be streaming practices at 1 pm ET on Thurs, 10:15 am ET on Fri, and 10:15 am ET on Sat.

victorskid

Happily ignoring pontificators & know-it-alls
Just when you thought you knew what was going on....

The ISU posted their "where to watch" list which indicated that CBC would be streaming Skate America!

Questions were asked by lots of folks (including me) - by e-mail, twitter and phone.

Now there has been a tweet from CBC Sports
⛸ CBC SKATE FANS ⛸

We will stream the @ISU_Figure Grand Prix (except @SkateCanada) beginning with this weekend's #SkateAmerica.

AND...

Watch for the @YouTube
premiere of 'That Figure Skating Show' with @DylanMoscovitch
& @AsherHill
on Sunday!
Their online schedule has not yet been updated to reflect this information (posted more than an hour ago)

What a bizarre start to the season!!!

Skate Talker

I am watching practice on NBC Sports Gold. Very poor camera work, no close ups just large arena view. Disappointing
iirc that's pretty typical of practice coverage - no camera operators and no directors to switch from one camera to another to follow the action. I think that would insanely increase costs when you think of all the practice hours. Not much cost at all to just turn one wide-view camera on and connect it to stream.

Doggygirl

Going through FS withdrawal after GPF
iirc that's pretty typical of practice coverage - no camera operators and no directors to switch from one camera to another to follow the action. I think that would insanely increase costs when you think of all the practice hours. Not much cost at all to just turn one wide-view camera on and connect it to stream.
And I'm so glad they do this!! So much better than nothing!

Cherub721

YEAH!
Looks like more coverage will air on a delay on the Olympic channel, like last year: http://heatherw.com/mk/sch.htm

DayDateTimeEventNetwork
Sat.Oct. 19midnight-
2a
LIVE
Skate America (Ladies Short)NBCSN
Sat.Oct. 196-8
LIVE
Skate America (Mens Long)NBCSN
Sun.Oct. 201a-3aSkate America (Ladies Long)NBCSN
Sun.Oct. 20noon-1Skate AmericaNBC
Sat.Oct. 218-9Skate America (Pairs Short)Olympic
Channel
Sat.Oct. 219-10:30Skate America (Pairs Long)Olympic
Channel
Sun.Oct. 228-9:30Skate America (Mens Short)Olympic
Channel
Sun.Oct. 229:30-
11:30
Skate America (Mens Long)Olympic
Channel
Mon.Oct. 238-9:30Skate America (Rhythm Dance)Olympic
Channel
Mon.Oct. 239:30-11Skate America (Free Dance)Olympic
Channel
Tues.Oct. 248-10Skate America (Ladies Short)Olympic
Channel
Tues.Oct. 2410p-
midnight
Skate America (Ladies Long)Olympic
Channel
Sat.Oct. 264:30-6Skate AmericaNBC

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
Well, it's happening again this year with my local NBC station. From 11 a.m. to 12 noon (central time) on Sunday, October 20th, Broadmoor Baptist Church is filling that time slot. I might have seen the Grand Prix skating once or twice last season on my local station.

However, it is showing up on my NBC Sports app: It says to tune in to catch all of the very best action from 2019 Skate America - 10/20/2019 - 11 a.m. -12 noon central. Not sure how much or what will be shown, but at least I'll be able to watch on the NBC Sports app.

Sedge

Anyone having any luck with the CBC live stream...mine still says 'coming up'

victorskid

Happily ignoring pontificators & know-it-alls
CBC - After saying "coming up" for some time it says "live" & "click on the video player" but there is none to click. Fortunately they have not geoblocked the ISU YouTube.

Skate Talker

I can get both working on my desktop but for some reason my laptop has gotten too slow to stream properly in the last month so I'm stuck watching at my desk. The CBC stream is quite a bit behind the ISU stream for me.

alilou

Ubercavorter
This is the correct link for CBC live streaming.

Wait 'til close to competition time and find the stream in the LIVE broadcasts listed.

There is a new stream for each portion of the competition.

Last edited:

npavel

with hola, from Russia

marmalade

Stalking Cizeron's Instagram
As I recall from last year, Gold only had commentary for Skate America. The rest was the ISU feed.

Sylvia

Wishing I could go back to the Lake Placid JGP
NBC TV coverage/DVR alert (4:30 to 6 pm ET) Skate America recap is happening now.

H/D's FD led off the broadcast (eta: looks like the top 3 free dances will be shown).

Also shown were 5 men's free skates (Brown, Bychenko, Messing, Aliev, Chen).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information