Trump, YKW and Fallout

MacMadame

Staying at home
My PCP that I had for decades is a DO. It's a medical degree from a school that teaches them to look at the patient more holistically than MDs do. It's a real degree from a real med school.

Lara

It's JJ style!
Many DOs also go on to the same residency as traditional (allopathic) med school grads. There were some in my own program.

ilovepaydays

I have also had very positive experiences with DOs. And all of them completed residencies alongside MD graduates.

BTW, on a figure skating note - I am pretty sure that former U.S./Latvia competitor Lukas Kaugars just started DO school somewhere in the Northwest.

Lacey

I thought we would be screaming all night that Trump commandeered a limo to take him out of the hospital for a spin.

I cannot get over his insensitivity not only in further exposing others, but also his lack of concern for his own health.

Who else in the world would have ever dreamed of such a ploy. I have lost any respect for his doctors if they let him go.

I think the man is really truly off his rocker, and his lack of judgment makes me concerned for our safety.

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I would not be surprised that Trump would be demanding any treatment that he might have heard about, regardless of whether it is needed or not. No-one is going to refuse him anything because no-one stands up to him. His reputation on how he treats scientist and medical professionals precedes him.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
I'm amused that Melania was asked on Saturday if she was going to visit Trump in the hospital and she apparently said she wouldn't because she didn't want to endanger her Secret Service drivers or something like that, point being she rightfully understood that with her positive diagnosis she should be isolating so as not to possibly infect others. Unlike Trump, who simply doesn't even have the capacity to think that way because, of course, it's all about him. His experience so far hasn't changed him one bit.

Dragonlady

Sew Happy
If another couple of Republican senators have to quarantine this coming week, Mitch won’t have the votes to bring the ACB nom to the floor. There’s never been a virtual SCOTUS confirmation, even appellate judges have gotten only in-person hearings since the crud started.

McConnell refused to allow virtual voting. Pelosi passed a virtual voting Resolution in the House months ago, when a number of Congress critters tested positive. With two Republican members of the Judiciary Committee out with the crud, they may not have enough votes to get the nomination out of Committee. With three Repubicans gone from full Senate, and Murkowski and Collins saying they won't vote to confirm before the election, there may not be enough Republicans to confirm her if they succeed in moving the nomination to the Floor of the Senate.

Furthermore, McConnell can't even pass a Resolution to move to virtual voting, because he can't get enough people into the Senate to vote for it. Hoist on his own petard.

Peaches LaTour

I would not be surprised that Trump would be demanding any treatment that he might have heard about, regardless of whether it is needed or not. No-one is going to refuse him anything because no-one stands up to him. His reputation on how he treats scientist and medical professionals precedes him.

Could we possibly hope he would request a treatment of ingesting bleach?

ballettmaus

@Lacey I'm with you. I can't get over the fact that he went out for a joyride. I mean, we all know him and know how irresponsible he is but this is stupidity and irresponsibility on another level.

McConnell refused to allow virtual voting. Pelosi passed a virtual voting Resolution in the House months ago, when a number of Congress critters tested positive. With two Republican members of the Judiciary Committee out with the crud, they may not have enough votes to get the nomination out of Committee. With three Repubicans gone from full Senate, and Murkowski and Collins saying they won't vote to confirm before the election, there may not be enough Republicans to confirm her if they succeed in moving the nomination to the Floor of the Senate.

Furthermore, McConnell can't even pass a Resolution to move to virtual voting, because he can't get enough people into the Senate to vote for it. Hoist on his own petard.

According to the WaPo link I posted upthread, they still plan to go on with the hearing and vote. It's scheduled for the week of October 12th and they believe the Senators will be back in Washington by then.

Louis

Private citizen
I expected the joyride, too.

I can see some benefit from it: reassuring the public, calming any hysteria about the president's condition, etc. I don't think it was a good idea, but I didn't have the "pure evil" reaction either.

Going to the fundraiser was a worse move, and there was really no public benefit or charitable interpretation of that.

MsZem

I expected the joyride, too.

I can see some benefit from it: reassuring the public, calming any hysteria about the president's condition, etc. I don't think it was a good idea, but I didn't have the "pure evil" reaction either.

Going to the fundraiser was a worse move, and there was really no public benefit or charitable interpretation of that.
He can reassure the public without secret service agents being forced into a small enclosed space with him. It's not the same as the helicopter ride to Walter Reed, which was medically necessary, and it's not the same as secret service agents protecting the president from external threats. This is POTUS deliberately putting people at risk for something that could have been accomplished in other ways.

Melania wouldn't do it, but then Melania does care about some people other than herself.

Susan1

He went to visit other patients at Walter Reed - did I read that RIGHT?
I heard him say that. Something about other military patients or something. I'm not going to look for it.
Not all inhalers used for Asthma or COPD are steriod inhalers. Bronchodilators like albuterol don't contain steriods.
I didn't say all. After my mom was home from the hospital the first time, she was on both at different times of the day
I thought we would be screaming all night that Trump commandeered a limo to take him out of the hospital for a spin.
Different chyrons last night said "joy ride", "drive by" and "photo op". I say typically irresponsible.

" "This is insanity,” Dr. James P. Phillips, an attending physician at Walter Reed who is a critic of Trump and his handling of the *********. “Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary presidential ‘drive-by’ just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die.”

“For political theater,” the doctor added. “Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater.” "

The damn thing is air-tight. They have to be in isolation for 14 days. I wrote down last night that they should have had a plexiglass barrier, like the things they put up in limos for privacy from the driver. Only it could have been clear so they could see if he was dying back there or something.
Going to the fundraiser was a worse move,
They are showing pictures of the part of the Supreme Court thing that was inside, with Barrett's kids. A FB meme said something about her not being responsible enough to take care of her kids, she shouldn't be on the court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information