Those who have recovered

A.H.Black

Any here?

I just found myself wondering about this group of people. Could they be a great resource? I'm assuming that once someone has recovered they will not be susceptible to the disease again and they will not be able to pass it on. Could they help with research? essential services? health care? Just my thoughts.

MacMadame

Staying at home
There is some indication that people who recover can get it again. (Though with lack of testing, it's possible they didn't really recover, just had their symptoms ease for a bit.)

Erin

Any here?

I just found myself wondering about this group of people. Could they be a great resource? I'm assuming that once someone has recovered they will not be susceptible to the disease again and they will not be able to pass it on. Could they help with research? essential services? health care? Just my thoughts.

I read an article in the Atlantic that one of the vaccines being tested uses the antibodies of people who have had the disease, so that’s one possibility.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
There is some indication that people who recover can get it again. (Though with lack of testing, it's possible they didn't really recover, just had their symptoms ease for a bit.)

There was a small study in monkeys in which they were not able to be reinfected. My suspicion is the “re-infected” were a testing issue and not actually reinfected.

Cachoo

At the basketball site that I love we have heard from a couple in Colorado who are sick but improving. They are mid-40's, both drink, ex-smokers and are not overweight. They were moderately active. Neither were hospitalized but both felt horrible though she was worse as her lungs were more affected. They believe she might have been infected in Baltimore then passed it to him. Their teenager is not symptomatic.. She was initially diagnosed with bronchitis before taking the test. She has been sick for two weeks and he for 10-11 days. They are improving each day.

MacMadame

Staying at home
My friend in NYC is out of the hospital too. She's in her 40s, not sure if she had asthma before this but I vaguely remember she did. She's still coughing but says the worst is over as she even made herself lunch today! No one in her family got it from her as far as anyone knows.

ChiquitaBanana

There are now two strains of the ***** as it has mutated. So you could possibly get the other strain but with lesser symptoms.

MacMadame

Staying at home
There are now two strains of the ***** as it has mutated. So you could possibly get the other strain but with lesser symptoms.
I read something that said that's pretty typical of viruses. The mutation tends to be weaker. The author said it's only in the movies that the mutation is more deadly. (He was being flip. Earlier in the article it said that it wasn't impossible for it to be deadlier, just unlikely.)

ChiquitaBanana

I read something that said that's pretty typical of viruses. The mutation tends to be weaker. The author said it's only in the movies that the mutation is more deadly. (He was being flip. Earlier in the article it said that it wasn't impossible for it to be deadlier, just unlikely.)

https://academic.oup.com/nsr/advance-article/doi/10.1093/nsr/nwaa036/5775463#authorNotesSectionTitle

The second strain was more virulent than the first one. They think there are up to 8 strains outthere right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information