Things I’m sick of tbh.....

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
You have been so resourceful in dealing with the limitations imposed by your changed circumstance.
Few people could have done so well!

Thanks, my sweet friend. You and I both know that's because of the strength that God has provided within. You see, you're an inspiration to me. You've lived all your life with your disability and had the determination from the beginning.

You're a trooper and a fighter to me, and until this happened to me, I never really understood the strength and determination it takes to go on with life for a handicapped/disabled person. I've understood now for 9 years, and I intend on still fighting to make it another 9 years. 💞💓

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
I am batshit sick of hoarders. The supply chain is slowly getting back to normal, yet they swoop in and buy in bulk. Today at Costco, despite the multitude of 1 per customer signs, several people tried to buy multiple humongous packages of toilet paper. Fortunately, the register people will ring only 1. The pile of “tried to buy too many” was probably 10 feet tall.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I'm not sure I totally agree. If sane people are planning several months out, and in the process limiting their exposure in the community to a couple of encounters rather than weekly shopping runs, maybe they're doing society a favour. Obviously I don't mean emptying the shelves so that there's nothing left for others, but I don't see an issue with buying several packs of something if there are whole pallet loads with more up on the shelves as is often the case at Costco.

Also, consider those who are shopping for others. When you see someone with a loaded cart, they may have a large family to feed and care for, they may be housing some people who cannot get to their distant homes, or they may be buying for elderly relatives or shut-in neighbours as well as themselves.

My much more petty "sick of" is that there are so many pinned threads in this forum I have to scroll scroll scroll before I get to the new stuff. With apologies to @MacMadame of course who is doing a great service to everyone in creating them :)

MacMadame

Staying at home
I told them that they should be thankful that at least they can walk normally and don't need a wheelchair or walker to be able to get around and they should thank their lucky stars that they have good health and hopefully not take it for granted ever again. Period. :shuffle:
You should tell them that when this is all over, they need to remember how they felt and help you get out more.

My much more petty "sick of" is that there are so many pinned threads in this forum I have to scroll scroll scroll before I get to the new stuff. With apologies to @MacMadame of course who is doing a great service to everyone in creating them :)
I could combine some of them. The Kids thread ended up kind of small.

Hedwig

WoolSilk Fanatic
maybe they could be unpinned altogether? the health forum is not that big that they will be overlooked. I feel the same when I come here for news. :shuffle:

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
I don't see an issue with buying several packs of something if there are whole pallet loads with more up on the shelves as is often the case at Costco.
This was senior hour. One person per household and you’re supposed to be shopping for your household only. And there was only one pallet out with a huge “one per customer” sign.

syzygy

I am batshit sick of hoarders. The supply chain is slowly getting back to normal, yet they swoop in and buy in bulk. Today at Costco, despite the multitude of 1 per customer signs, several people tried to buy multiple humongous packages of toilet paper. Fortunately, the register people will ring only 1. The pile of “tried to buy too many” was probably 10 feet tall.
I'm so annoyed by that. I just want some toilet paper and some frozen fruit, I need like four rolls for now and like one bag of frozen strawberries but I can't even find that.

Susan1

I'm not sure I totally agree. If sane people are planning several months out, and in the process limiting their exposure in the community to a couple of encounters rather than weekly shopping runs, maybe they're doing society a favour. Obviously I don't mean emptying the shelves so that there's nothing left for others, but I don't see an issue with buying several packs of something if there are whole pallet loads with more up on the shelves as is often the case at Costco.

Also, consider those who are shopping for others. When you see someone with a loaded cart, they may have a large family to feed and care for, they may be housing some people who cannot get to their distant homes, or they may be buying for elderly relatives or shut-in neighbours as well as themselves.

In Meijer yesterday, the whole "paper" aisle was full. I didn't need anything, just walking by to get to the yogurt.

Last week in Kroger, I was behind a person with a half full cart, thinking they would go fast, but they had 4-5 separate orders. Shopping for others, probably. I was patient.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I hate the term "the new normal." There is no normal right now, these are abnormal times and there won't be normalcy until this whole thing is over. And we don't know the extent of the change from pre-********* to post-********* and all the speculation in the world is worth no more than scribbles with crayons.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Sorry for back to back post but I'm also sick of the media and politicians hyping preliminary research for clicks and to promote pre-existing agendas.

Such as this

Presidential candidates, agency regulators, oil lobbyists and members of Congress from both parties are using the preliminary research to advance their own political priorities — well before it has a chance to be peer-reviewed.

Not linking to it because it doesn't matter what it is. The misuse of early findings is becoming a really big problem IMO.

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
I hate the term "the new normal." There is no normal right now, these are abnormal times and there won't be normalcy until this whole thing is over. And we don't know the extent of the change from pre-********* to post-********* and all the speculation in the world is worth no more than scribbles with crayons.
I look at it as in terms of a course correction. The 1918 Plandemic changed the course in direction in which as a people we moved. Same thing with the Great Depression. The course correction I remember is the assassination of JFK in 1963. We had a course correction from the somewhat carefree 50s to the more serious and major upheavals of the 60s.
This Plandemic represents another course change, it doesn't define normal or abnormal.

mjb52

I hate that new Banksy mural, I feel guilty saying so in case there is anyone here who finds it meaningful, but it is mawkish and bad. Good art challenges people and makes them think, it's not a hallmark card affirming easy and sentimental feelings. Maybe my error is in thinking that a person like Banksy is even trying to make good art and not just a brand.

PRlady

I'm sick of not sleeping well. Usually it's one of the things I do best, but I'm often up roaming around in the middle of the night now after vivid dreams wake me up. I'm not getting enough fresh air and exercise, partially because my allergies go even worse outside, but I guess most of it is anxiety.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I'm sick of not sleeping well. Usually it's one of the things I do best, but I'm often up roaming around in the middle of the night now after vivid dreams wake me up. I'm not getting enough fresh air and exercise, partially because my allergies go even worse outside, but I guess most of it is anxiety.

the allergy thing will improve. May is still very rough. Getting outside for walks is really, really good so hopefully soon it won't have this downside.

syzygy

I am so sick of everyone assuming that we all have so much free time right now.
I agree. It makes me so angry. I'm still taking a full course load and doing as much training as much as I would normally, just off the ice. I don't have mOrE fReE tImE. In fact, my schedule is more packed with more and more stuff that I have to do because of the assumption that I have more free time.
Exactly! Being locked in your house is not a new normal. I hope it won't become the new normal.
I'm sick of being sick of things. Would like one day of "insouciance" (not having a care in the world), just one day :drama: and also a deep carefree 10 hours night sleep.
I hope you can have this soon. We will get through this.

MacMadame

Staying at home
This is from the work thread:

I heard someone on TV yesterday saying that the plague would mean the end of hot desking, and that perhaps we'd even go back to people having their own offices.
I am so sick of people saying "after the lockdown, everyone will ______" and whatever it is they are saying we will all do now is not something that makes sense or is likely to happen but something they want to have happen.

No, the world is not going to stop being consumers, get rid of open office plans, stop driving, etc. There will be changes, of course. But many will not be predictable and others will be bad things, not good things. And, yes, some things people have wanted all along may stick. But anything that requires people to do a 180 on will probably not stick, no matter how much people would like that.

Vagabond

To be honest, I'm sick of wonky websites.

To be honest, I'm sick of people who let their growling dogs run free. To be honest, I'm sick of their saying, "Oh, he's friendly."

To be honest, I'm sick of never knowing when someone will come too close to me when I'm out on a walk.

To be honest, I'm sick of always being the one to initiate contact with my friends and relatives.

To be honest, I'm sick of having no one to hug or kiss.

And, to be honest, I'm sick of having so much of my life on hold.

😖

Thank you, @SHARPIE for giving me a place to vent.

Anemone

To be honest, I'm sick of always being the one to initiate contact with my friends and relatives.

Yes! Other than my mother (who initiates contact once a week), I have had to initiate almost all contact with family, friends and colleagues. Four people have initiated contact with me once in the last 6 weeks, and I have received thank you messages from the nieces/nephews for the packages of activities I sent them. Other than that, nothing. Even more annoying/frustrating are the many whose reply to my texts/emails/messages is just a one-liner, or an emoji (or no reply at all). Every time I see one of those stupid commercials on tv telling us that "you are not alone" and encouraging people to connect with others, I want to throw something at it.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
I am so sick of people saying "after the lockdown, everyone will ______" and whatever it is they are saying we will all do now is not something that makes sense or is likely to happen but something they want to have happen.
"Everyone will..." or "everyone is/has/does..." is always a pet peeve of mine, regardless of circumstances. No, everybody won't. "Everybody takes time off over Christmas", "Everyone likes x....".Always guaranteed to raise my anger level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information