Things I’m sick of tbh.....

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I managed to have a summer because I live in the country, enjoy the long summer evenings and like to work outside in my yard.

Not so sure about this winter. It already gets dark so early. We may get up to 4" of snow tomorrow. It's going to be a long winter.
Summer? I think I read about it in a book once. Sure didn't have one around here.....missed an entire season of riding. And at my age, I don't have that many seasons left.
:sick:

I am sick of people arguing and not listening. And the HATE!

Susan1

I've lost 3 earrings since April.

I yearn for the day when I live mask free and earring safe!
That's when I discovered I can not wear my little silver hoops (that just "hoop" around to the back of my ear) that I was just sticking in to run to the store or wherever. The elastic kept getting stuck inside the hoop. Now it's just post earrings.

Miezekatze

Summer? I think I read about it in a book once. Sure didn't have one around here.....missed an entire season of riding. And at my age, I don't have that many seasons left.
:sick:

Is horseback riding not allowed in the US?

That's one of the few "hobbies" that one can/coud do pretty much all the time here in Germany (with some occasional restrictions on taking lessons and on group stuff of course). Or do you mean competitively?

MsZem

I've had enough of going out to exercise and seeing couples taking wedding pictures in the scenic portions of my route. It's very nice that they're getting married, everyone deserves to be happy - but the odds of them having small, socially distanced weddings are somewhere near zero.

Also, I'm really over all the cute names that people here use for CoV19. I know we can't use the real name, but some of the alternatives just grate. Personally I feel like @PRlady has found the best solution by calling it the veerus, which happens to be the Hebrew pronunciation ;)

Last edited:

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
I've had enough of going out to exercise and seeing couples taking wedding pictures in the scenic portions of my route. It's very nice that they're getting married, everyone deserves to be happy - but the odds of them having small, socially distanced weddings are somewhere near zero.

Also, I'm really over all the cute names that people here use for CoV19. I know we can't use the real name, but some of the alternatives just grate. Personally I feel like @PRlady has found the best solution by calling it the veerus, which happens to be the Hebrew pronunciation ;)
Works for me. Is there a Hebrew pronunciation for the actual C?

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Is horseback riding not allowed in the US?

That's one of the few "hobbies" that one can/coud do pretty much all the time here in Germany (with some occasional restrictions on taking lessons and on group stuff of course). Or do you mean competitively?
Riding is allowed. Even Horse Shows.......lots of restrictions, like limiting the number of people you can bring in per horse. (Groom, trainer, rider). Then you are supposed to abide by social distancing and mask when not riding.

Regular lessons are fine.....following the same restrictions. And there is a limit to the number of people in the ring at one time.

I had to take a lot of time away from riding due to my age and a heart issue....it was risky for me to ride. Still not cleared by the doctor.

The world looks better on the back of a horse!

Oh that is my horse (duh) in the picture. He is a Yugoslavian Warm Blood......and a really good man. Slower than molasses on the flat, but when he sees a jump straight and true.

MsZem

Just korona in everyday conversation. But that's very similar to various unacceptable words, and I think we're meant to avoid that unless it's a misspelling of a similarly named currency ;)

MsZem

I'm sick of people wearing a mask with their nose sticking out. Oh and let's not forget those who remove their mask, sneeze, then put the mask back on. OYE
I told some guy in the checkout line yesterday that his mask appeared to have slipped. We both knew it hadn't just slipped, but he had to pull it back up :D

Toddlers have more self-control than some people.

Susan1

I told some guy in the checkout line yesterday that his mask appeared to have slipped. We both knew it hadn't just slipped, but he had to pull it back up :D

Toddlers have more self-control than some people.
It bugs me seeing people on t.v. talking and it slides down. That's what happens when you talk. They keep pushing it back up at their nose. Adjust it back by your ears, bend it over your nose first, or get something that fits better.

million$momma

It bugs me seeing people on t.v. talking and it slides down. That's what happens when you talk. They keep pushing it back up at their nose. Adjust it back by your ears, bend it over your nose first, or get something that fits better.
Agree...I teach all day and my mask does not slide off of my nose. My kids work fast food and their masks stay put all shift long. Both of these jobs require a lot of talking. We all have a different kind of favourite mask. Different masks fit different faces best.

Vagabond

I'm sick of people wearing a mask with their nose sticking out. Oh and let's not forget those who remove their mask, sneeze, then put the mask back on. OYE
My neighbors down the street hang out in their garage (with the door open) dressed in leather from head to toe, with only their eyes, nose, and mouth uncovered. I'd be sick of seeing this even if there weren't a you-know-what. :shuffle:

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
Just korona in everyday conversation. But that's very similar to various unacceptable words, and I think we're meant to avoid that unless it's a misspelling of a similarly named currency ;)
Maybe MySharona, like the song....

Susan1

The commercial that says "do nothing for 15 seconds" while there is the sound of rain in the background. Then a voice comes on and screams "CALM". I know they are not screaming, but after the quiet, it is unnaturally loud and not calming whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information