Things I’m sick of tbh.....

Jenny

From the Bloc
Germans also tend to be convinced that they get a cold, a stiff neck, an inflammation of the middle ear or worse if they sit in a draft :lol: , so I think that habit is really hard to break.

:lol: at memories of my German mother insisting I put on an undershirt every time she felt a draft when I was a child!

hanca

Values her privacy
:lol: at memories of my German mother insisting I put on an undershirt every time she felt a draft when I was a child!
Or put on socks and don’t walk barefoot on the cold floor, because you could catch cold and get ill.

Actually, often when I got ill, at first I was told off that it is my fault because I hadn’t been dressing up warm enough, and only after that I got the loving care.

Susan1

Or put on socks and don’t walk barefoot on the cold floor, because you could catch cold and get ill.
Always with the wear a sweater. Or don't go out without a coat. No sitting on the ground or grass between Labor Day and Memorial Day either. When I had my broken leg and was on a walker, my dad was at my house raking my leaves - 70's in October - and he helped me put my walker in the grass and let me rub my left foot that I still wasn't allowed to put any weight on on the grass. Who knew grass could feel so good. He said "don't tell your mother". :)

hanca

Values her privacy
Always with the wear a sweater. Or don't go out without a coat. No sitting on the ground or grass between Labor Day and Memorial Day either. When I had my broken leg and was on a walker, my dad was at my house raking my leaves - 70's in October - and he helped me put my walker in the grass and let me rub my left foot that I still wasn't allowed to put any weight on on the grass. Who knew grass could feel so good. He said "don't tell your mother". :)
Of course, sweater! And zip the jacket completely up so that your neck is covered. Do you have a scarf and gloves? You do? Why don’t you put it on! :)

mikey

...an acquired taste
Something I am sick of? Satisfaction surveys! Every time you do anything, it is followed by a satisfaction survey. They were fun maybe a decade ago, but now I hate filling them out. I hate getting them at work. Enough already.

Susan1

Something I am sick of? Satisfaction surveys! Every time you do anything, it is followed by a satisfaction survey. They were fun maybe a decade ago, but now I hate filling them out. I hate getting them at work. Enough already.
Then send me one every tine I pick up a prescription at CVS. Down an empty aisle to the back of the store, usually no other customers around, don't have to sign anything anymore, sanitize, back down an empty aisle and out. I should have mentioned having to stand behind a maskless couple last month. Not that that would do any good.'

It's too bad they don't have the Kroger surveys for fuel points anymore. I could have mentioned the maskless employee yelling down the aisle twice.

Jenny

From the Bloc

Not long ago I was on the phone with the cable company and while the guy is waiting for something he says all chatty, "so how is your day going so far?" So I said "not great because I'm wasting it on the phone with the cable company." He actually laughed. I guess it's part of their script or something.

clairecloutier

I'm sick of wearing this freaking mask and my glasses fogging up no matter how many different things I try to stop it from happening. I've tried everything. Still happens. Can't see. Get pissed off cause I can't see. Always forget stuff when I finally do go to the store cause I just want to get the hell outta there cause I can't see. :mad:

@BaileyCatts I hear you about your glasses fogging up. That's been a problem for me too!

These masks were the answer for me. They have a very light, thin metal piece (covered with cloth) that goes over your nose, which helps prevent glasses from fogging up. And they are a nice light cotton poplin material.

Susan1

@BaileyCatts I hear you about your glasses fogging up. That's been a problem for me too!

These masks were the answer for me. They have a very light, thin metal piece (covered with cloth) that goes over your nose, which helps prevent glasses from fogging up. And they are a nice light cotton poplin material.

I have not had as much trouble since it has been cooler out. Plus, I bent the last mask I'm using to a point, not just curving it over my nose. I guess the air goes up past the point to the nose piece? I don't know. It still gets in the way of the bottom of my right eye though. My face is crooked.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
I am f’ing sick of people who can’t follow the basic precautions. Today’s trip to the grocery was full of nose dicks, wrong way carts and checkout violations. And our town was just raised to Red. I guess it’s time to switch back to old people shopping hours.

Lemonade20

Former Kurtholic
I am f’ing sick of people who can’t follow the basic precautions. Today’s trip to the grocery was full of nose dicks, wrong way carts and checkout violations. And our town was just raised to Red. I guess it’s time to switch back to old people shopping hours.
I agree, it’s crazy how many people don’t wear their masks properly. Yes, it’s a little uncomfortable but think about it: it’s better than lying in ICU fighting for your life

MacMadame

Staying at home
It still gets in the way of the bottom of my right eye though. My face is crooked.
Everyone's face is crooked. :D

I find that when a mask is getting into the bottom of my eye (my left one so I guess I'm asymmetrical the opposite of you), it's because the mask is too big. I have a small head. 🤷‍♀️

hanca

Values her privacy
I usually have a problem with hair getting into my mouth while wearing the masks.

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
Maybe it is a form of this so called “white privilege”, but 99% of the people who guilty of no mask wearing and other violations that I have seen are white...

Spikefan

On my last trip to the grocery store a man had a red solo cup in the cart cupholder and had his mask down taking sips from his cup. :angryfire

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
There are a couple of things I can't really say I'm sick of but that distress me.

The first is my realization that I haven't driven after dark in months. Part of that is daylight savings time but a lot is I've had no reason to go anywhere in the late afternoon/early evening. My friends and I are of an age where we don't relish nighttime driving, but like any skill it needs practice, and I worry that since I'm not doing it now when the time comes to do it, it will be stressful to the point where I'll just not go.

The second sad thing is I have at least 3 friends who live within an hour of me that I haven't seen since late February/early March and probably won't see for another 6-9 months. Each of those friends has had very specific reasons not to go out any more than they had to, but it's not like things are going to instantly improve in their lives.

I'm reasonably okay with the big losses (like the trip to Spain and France I was supposed to be on this week) but the smaller ones really hurt after a while.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Maybe it is a form of this so called “white privilege”, but 99% of the people who guilty of no mask wearing and other violations that I have seen are white...
1) white privilege is real, not "so-called"
2) in my city at least, the incorrect or non-existent mask wearing is not unique to any one race

FGRSK8

Toad whisperer.....
1) white privilege is real, not "so-called"
2) in my city at least, the incorrect or non-existent mask wearing is not unique to any one race
In your city it maybe do, however in my town it seems to hold true......obviously all areas are different.

And yes, white privilege sucks....

sk8pics

The first is my realization that I haven't driven after dark in months. Part of that is daylight savings time but a lot is I've had no reason to go anywhere in the late afternoon/early evening. My friends and I are of an age where we don't relish nighttime driving, but like any skill it needs practice, and I worry that since I'm not doing it now when the time comes to do it, it will be stressful to the point where I'll just not go.
Practice now. I get it, because I had to drive in the pitch dark the other night and realized I am out of practice. It was fine, but it's important to keep up those skills, or you will isolate yourself. I am tending lately to go to the supermarket around 7:30 in the evening, so it's practice driving after dark, though it is a short trip.

Yazmeen

Shake it then, shake it now, shake it forever

Every time I see a "maskhole" not wearing one or wearing one wrong, I think of the scene at the end of "Ocean's 8" where Ann Hathaway's character is essentially directing Ann Hathaway who looks at her blankly and smiles. And Ann the director walks away muttering "IT'S. NOT. THAT. HARD!!!!!" I have to restrain myself from hissing this at these people.

skatfan

Just heard that over the weekend, one of our couples (in their 70s) had the wedding of their daughter, which they told me was outside. Now I find out that it had over 200 people, and that the reception afterwards was inside but in a "very big space." Argh!

Lemonade20

Former Kurtholic
I agree, don’t tie actions to race. Maskholes are everywhere now and they can be young, old, light or dark skinned, rich or not.

Lizziebeth

I managed to have a summer because I live in the country, enjoy the long summer evenings and like to work outside in my yard.

Not so sure about this winter. It already gets dark so early. We may get up to 4" of snow tomorrow. It's going to be a long winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information