Things I’m sick of tbh.....

Simone411

Do stand. Do stand six. Do stand six feet from me.
Well, Lord have mercy! I found this power chair online, and it would be perfect for going into stores and other places. You could definitely have safe distancing with it, and I'm pretty darn sure people would get out of the way!

Mind you, I have my Air Hawk thanks to so many of the members here at FSU and I love it. I call it Air Hawk One, and it will go pretty darn fast.

This power chair, however, is for people that love the outdoors, hiking through the woods, and can even be used to go around on the beach.

I do know this much. I have a camouflage mask and a cap that my brother gave me. I could wear that, bring along my cattle prod and go into grocery stores. I guarantee that no one would want to get near me if I was using the Action Trackchair.

If any disabled person wants to get around outdoors with ease, then the Action Trackchair would be perfect for them.:respec:

Vagabond

Last edited:

Vagabond

I'm sick of receiving email that says something like this: "This email was not intended for you and can be disregarded. We apologize for any inconvenience and confusion this may have caused. "

I am also sick of receiving the kind of email that prompts the followup message. :mad:

annie720

I'm sick of wildfires and the smoke they bring. I'm going to be staying at home pretty much round the clock for at least the next five days.

ETA:
Same here! I'm in CO and haven't been able to do my daily walk in a week, and even inside with the windows closed, I'm constantly using eye drops.

Vagabond

Same here! I'm in CO and haven't been able to do my daily walk in a week, and even inside with the windows closed, I'm constantly using eye drops.
I was trying to do at least seven miles of walking per day. I managed to do a couple of miles early this morning, but I'm going to check www.airnow.gov each time I even think about going out.

Aceon6

Isolating from mean people
Do be careful if you’re near the fires. No one needs lung damage ever, but especially now.

Dobre

Smoke. It has been bad off & on here in Eastern Oregon also since a round of lightning storms kicked off fire season three weeks ago, and today is the worst. Thick dark smoke has come in down the Gorge from the Cascade Mountains since last night. Surrounds us on all sides, though there is a hint of sky to the south. Now a strong east wind is blowing & likely to blow all the smoke that has blown past us back over us again toward the west & make fighting the wildfires worse.

Spikefan

Flyers on my door about “Camp *********” , “********* Buddies (study groups), etc. People are dying from this would you call a camp “Camp Ebola” “Camp Cancer” or have an “Ebola Buddies” study group? 🤯

BaileyCatts

I'm sick of my Kroger reducing the cleaning products aisle to just one little 4 foot section when it used to be a whole freaking aisle! Seriously, in a ********* when everyone wants to clean clean clean, and you reduce the products down to only your store brand stuff? I can't even find freaking foaming shower cleaner anymore. I hate the spray cleaning stuff for the shower. :mad:

And they eliminated my Smucker's Blueberry Pancake Syrup from their shelves! They don't even carry Smucker's anymore. They don't even have blueberry, just maple! :mad:

I'm sick of wearing this freaking mask and my glasses fogging up no matter how many different things I try to stop it from happening. I've tried everything. Still happens. Can't see. Get pissed off cause I can't see. Always forget stuff when I finally do go to the store cause I just want to get the hell outta there cause I can't see. :mad:

Rant over. Continue thread. :p

BaileyCatts

And another thing ..... I am sick of not being able to use cash!! I am spending so much more freaking money than I used to cause I am using my credit card for everything. I used to take a set amount of cash out the ATM on the 1st of the month and put it in an envelope and that's my spending money for the month. That buys groceries, going out for lunch, vending machines at work, if I get dinner out, if I need to buy something that I need or want .. just whatever, but once that envelope is empty, that's it for the month. Most months I don't even spend all of it. But now I am not even paying attention to how much I am spending since you have to put everything on credit card and I'm somehow spending twice as much as I used to pre-BB! :mad:

Rant over. :p

once_upon

Voter
I find we are spending less. I used to do fast food for lunch. I used to run into Target about 2-3 times a month, just to wander around and would typically $25 or more. I would do impulse grocery shopping when I picked prescriptions. We generally went to Sam's about every 6 weeks and do impulse buying. Groceries had impulse buying too..

Now using pick up services, I've not been in Target since February. Prescriptions, Groceries, Sam's runs are what's specifically on the order. Nothing else. Sam's is more like every 8 -10 weeks.

We are spending more for take out or delivery charges. But still not what we would spend when we would do a dine in experience.

Even my amazing shopping has decreased

sk8pics

You know, @BaileyCatts, you can track your spending by credit card quite easily. I have a spreadsheet I use, and I check the transactions on line each week. You could even just keep a running tally of the receipts you collect....

My spending is way down. Even considering I bought a car, I’m not far off my original budget for the year, pre-YNW.

quartz

almost, but not quite
No vacations saved us about 10k this year, but then we put that money right back into the local economy by having a new roof installed and a custom made dining set. We aren’t dining out every week like we normally do, so that‘s about $75-80 per week we are saving. Still doing take out once a week, so that is the same. No concerts, festivals, theatre, sports events, probably saving us at least $1000-1500. I’ve bought some new clothes, but they were needed as I am working 5-7 times a week. I‘ve doubled my TFSA contributions, but would have done that anyways as we are shoring up for retirement.
I do miss using cash too - I like to pay with bills and then save all the change, its fun to watch it adding up - that’s how I saved for Montreal Worlds.

Louis

Private citizen
And another thing ..... I am sick of not being able to use cash!! I am spending so much more freaking money than I used to cause I am using my credit card for everything. I used to take a set amount of cash out the ATM on the 1st of the month and put it in an envelope and that's my spending money for the month. That buys groceries, going out for lunch, vending machines at work, if I get dinner out, if I need to buy something that I need or want .. just whatever, but once that envelope is empty, that's it for the month. Most months I don't even spend all of it. But now I am not even paying attention to how much I am spending since you have to put everything on credit card and I'm somehow spending twice as much as I used to pre-BB! :mad:

Rant over. :p

The cash-in-the-envelope method works REALLY, REALLY well. I know it's low-tech, and people will tell you you're missing out on credit card points, etc., etc. I've seen time and time again exactly what you describe above. See if you can mimic this somehow.

Is there a card / account you can use where you put a set amount on the card and then gradually draw down? I use Revolut - which I think has just come to the U.S. - mostly to avoid foreign currency fees abroad*. I load (for instance) 1000 GBP on the card, and that's my money for the month. I can always see how much is left, and I can top up in seconds if I need to.

If you have two checking accounts, you can transfer from Account A to Account B and then draw down on Account B. Some banks - I remember PNC(?) in the U.S. and I think Monzo in the UK - allow you to create pots of money even within a checking account.

Your system is great, don't abandon it - just figure out a way to do it digitally. If you need help, post or PM me with what bank(s) you use, and I'll see if I can help you figure out a way.

(*I cannot find a British credit card with no foreign currency fees, and I don't want to use my U.S. card because then I have to pay the bill in $ even though I'm being paid in GBP.)

quartz

almost, but not quite
I still have about $800 credit on my credit card from my Worlds Refund. I’ve been whittling it down by doing some online shopping that I wouldn’t normally do.

once_upon

Voter
I still have about $800 credit on my credit card from my Worlds Refund. I’ve been whittling it down by doing some online shopping that I wouldn’t normally do.
I believe you can request a transfer to your bank account or get a check

We got our vacation refunded to our credit card and then returned to our bank account. Which we put back in our investment account.

Louis

Private citizen
Nobody in Germany ever opening windows when being indoors :scream:

Really? I love the German-style windows that you can open inward from the top. They're perfect for allowing some fresh air without creating too much of a draft, and can even be left open in a rainstorm.

UK construction is so damn drafty that you don't even have to open a window. The wind blows outside and things move inside in most buildings.

As part of the c*vid recovery program, the government is offering up to 5000 GBP in credits for making your home more energy efficient. I've been thinking about replacing my drafty single-pane windows (or adding a window inside the window to avoid the need for planning permission). It will make my home more energy efficient but probably more of a c*vid trap. :lol:

Miezekatze

Yeah, I like that too and use it in private, the typical problem is more that if you are in an office building or any other room with more than 2 other people, the moment you open any kind of window, at least one person is going to complain or instantly freeze to death :shuffle:

Germans also tend to be convinced that they get a cold, a stiff neck, an inflammation of the middle ear or worse if they sit in a draft :lol: , so I think that habit is really hard to break.

I think it's just not so useful going into the fall/winter phase of the *********.

I've been indoor dining a few times and went to my Yoga class which lasts 90 minutes and there never was any ventilation in sight.

Oddly Germans now are willing to dine outdoors down to 10 degrees celcius (in our hiking vacation we proudly felt like Brits having been able to eat outside 6 out of 7 times in late September) , but as soon as they move indoors it still seems as impossible as ever to open a window.

I think schools and workplaces are sort of forced to ventilate regularily at the moment if possible.

manhn

My flights to Montreal Worlds and to Europe are airline credits so it is money spent. And I didn’t get a full refund on one Airbnb, so I lost some money there. That was half of my holidays for 2020.

I still intend to use all of my holidays but they have been random day offs. So I don’t have to pay for hotel accommodations.

I had one 2-week long vacation a ferry ride away from home, I stayed in Airbnb basement suites.

I spend more on takeout than I did before because I want to support businesses. I make it a point that when I do have my random days off, I will visit a restaurant for take out.

And I drive everywhere. I used to take transit way more than I currently do.

So all in all, I probably haven’t saved more money than I normally do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information